Huawei's Meng Wanzhou flies back to China after deal with US - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Patrickov wrote:The Chinese are merely being more subservient / easily brainwashed, or simply downright wicked.

With beliefs like this, I wonder why the Hong Kong protestors failed to gain the sympathies and attention of the Mainlander public and were forced to seek support from a bunch of uncaring Westerners instead. :roll:
Crantag wrote:You suggesting nothing punitive or harmful happened to her being detained and stuff?

You tell me:

Igor Antunov wrote:Like already shown, US kills thousands a year too, but before they even make it into a courtroom.

It's irrelevant to the topic at hand, Igor.

But if you aren't trolling, lets compare apples and apples and you provide half-way reliable data on extrajudicial killings in China.

Fasces wrote:With beliefs like this, I wonder why the Hong Kong protestors failed to gain the sympathies and attention of the Mainlander public and were forced to seek support from a bunch of uncaring Westerners instead. :roll:

Jesus, what a stupid "argument" :lol:.
Rugoz wrote:You tell me:

She is still a super rich and privileged heiress. Not the type I am that comfortable defending usually. But I found the case bullshit from day one.

And the Canadians might have got off easy.

I think it probably was a tit for tat though, but can't say so absolutely.

They were lucky it was politicized and that they were thus effectively prisoner exchanged though.
Hauwei is a disgusting company build on theft and fraud against western companies and governments. Meng is a sneaky bastard ruling over it all. Hauwei should be banned in every single western country, and every single Hauwei employee including Meng should be banned from entry into every western country on grounds of national security.

Arresting her was a stupid move on Canada's part, Trudeau is an idiot and so is his government's foreign policy. It was obvious the CCP would respond accordingly. Canada has been horribly complacent towards the CCP and corporate espionage. Canadian political parties have been bought off by the Chinese for decades.

And how many western tech companies have factories in China where their IP can be easily thieved? What % of Chinese companies that produce and sell their own goods do so with goods that are counterfeit or otherwise contain thieved IP?

This whole fiasco is a joke. China played Canada and the US hard and clearly won here.

Now if you'll excuse me i'm off to Chinatown to pick up to some bootleg blu-ray movies and a fake Gucci jacket.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Standing on the shoulders of giants...it thieved.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200213-ch ... ng-wanzhou

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... rom-nortel

20+ R&D centers abroad, with all staff abroad being non-chinese is stealing?

Is paying to develop something stealing because the other guy didn't get to develop it first? Is paying 5x more than comparable companies and attracting foreign engineers stealing because you're poaching them with higher salaries and more benefits?
Igor Antunov wrote:20+ R&D centers abroad, with all staff abroad being non-chinese is stealing?

Is paying to develop something stealing because the other guy didn't get to develop it first? Is paying 5x more than comparable companies and attracting foreign engineers stealing because you're poaching them with higher salaries and more benefits?

No stealing is hiring people to steal technology IP from foreign companies. That's the modus operandi of the CCP, which is knee-deep inside Huawei, none of this is any secret, it's a google search away. There's very good reason why western states don't want Chinese tech running its advanced IT infrastructure.

Having R&D centers does not preclude them from stealing technology from anyone they possibly can. They aren't stupid. Western corporations and governments are the stupid ones. They've been extremely complacent.
Unthinking Majority wrote:No stealing is hiring people to steal technology IP from foreign companies. That's the modus operandi of the CCP, which is knee-deep inside Huawei, none of this is any secret, it's a google search away. There's very good reason why western states don't want Chinese tech running its advanced IT infrastructure.

Having R&D centers does not preclude them from stealing technology from anyone they possibly can. They aren't stupid. Western corporations and governments are the stupid ones. They've been extremely complacent.

No that's just a meme. China is responsible for the bulk of innovation and new technologies since 2019. Unless they're stealing with a time machine...
Igor Antunov wrote:
No that's just a meme.

China is responsible for the bulk of innovation and new technologies since 2019. Unless they're stealing with a time machine...

Good grief.

China created an IP court because techno theft was a bigger problem inside China than it was outside.

Which means they are working the problem, and they are getting better about it. But it's still a problem.

Our problem is that we're working with a very limited amount of information, and a lot of that is politically motivated.
Igor Antunov wrote:No that's just a meme. China is responsible for the bulk of innovation and new technologies since 2019. Unless they're stealing with a time machine...

I'm not saying China hasn't invented new tech, I'm saying many of their companies have been built on the shoulders of giants that they've stolen from in order to catch up to their level, and in some cases recently surpassed. Nothing i'm saying is controversial in any way, again a simple google search away.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/1-in-5- ... -cnbc.html
Unthinking Majority wrote:I'm saying many of their companies have been built on the shoulders of giants that they've stolen from in order to catch up to their level

No doubt, and I hardly fault them for doing that, but if they want to operate internationally, they still have to respect IP rights. Was Huawei ever convicted of IP violations, or to a larger extent than similar Western companies?
IP is a form of protectionism with companies being granted monopoly pricing rights for contacting the patent office faster then their rivals. Like when the telephone was invented.

In the present day we have 'philanthropists' like Bill Gates bullying universities to sign away publicly funded medicines to the private sector during a pandemic.

Historically violating other nations' IP protections has been an essential element of a developing country's industrial policy including for the USA.
AFAIK wrote:IP is a form of protectionism with companies being granted monopoly pricing rights for contacting the patent office faster then their rivals. Like when the telephone was invented.

In the present day we have 'philanthropists' like Bill Gates bullying universities to sign away publicly funded medicines to the private sector during a pandemic.

Historically violating other nations' IP protections has been an essential element of a developing country's industrial policy including for the USA.

So should China be allowed to hack into the networks of other tech companies and steal their research? Or make their own Batman and Avengers movies?

IP is owning the fruits of your labor. Some IP rules are a bit daft, but the core concept is sound.
Well Steve Jobs was under the impression he invented the rectangle and took Samsung to court for using his shape. If we give these charlatans an inch they'll take a mile and the more we 'steal' from them the better.

And yes, we should all be allowed to make our own Batman movies. Copyright should expire and ideas should revert to the public domain.
Fasces wrote:With beliefs like this, I wonder why the Hong Kong protestors failed to gain the sympathies and attention of the Mainlander public and were forced to seek support from a bunch of uncaring Westerners instead. :roll:

That's simple: Because we don't ask them to submit to us?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

For those who apparently did not see this post pro[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]