Russia openly threatens "entire European continent" during Geneva talks. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Odiseizam wrote:stockpiling is always issue and usA is champion in it! anyway, think now its not so worrisome problem Ukraine, but the wide russian response about the nato missile shield which as spin was rolled with excuse as anti'Iran'umbrella, probably we will see the JFK wind of change, but now JoeB is in the chair as zionist and khazars as power elite in Ukraine (to this last point noone responded how true it is), what wrong can happen if Russia tit-for-tat play the earlier ussR card!?

This is a lot of dumb shit to post.
“There needs to be a breakthrough, there needs to be a real step toward Russia – a step made by Nato,” Ryabkov said. “If this doesn’t happen ... we very much don’t want to have a situation where Nato countries led by the US make that kind of mistake and once again act to undermine their own security and the security of the whole European continent.”

Ryabkov is taking about the possible deployment of nuclear missiles in Belarus, which is adjacent to Ukraine. Russian troops in Belarus may also have a permanent presence. Belarus has made draft constitutional changes to allow Russian conventional and nuclear forces to be stationed on its territory. This could lead to another missile crisis reminiscent of the 1960s.
ThirdTerm wrote:
Ryabkov is taking about the possible deployment of nuclear missiles in Belarus, which is adjacent to Ukraine. Russian troops in Belarus may also have a permanent presence. Belarus has made draft constitutional changes to allow Russian conventional and nuclear forces to be stationed on its territory. This could lead to another missile crisis reminiscent of the 1960s.

They would be tactical nukes.

What Putin is saying is that if NATO defends Ukraine, when he invades, he will respond with 'small' nuclear weapons.

It's an act, but he wouldn't be the first dictator to back himself into a corner, and get self-destructive.

It's funny, I said earlier today this reminded me of the run up to WW1, but I hadn't seen that til now.
Biden said recently that he won't commit troops to protecting Ukraine, which was surprising to me. Like, I would take Putin over Biden, Boris and Mr. "you aren't French" Macaroni but I still don't think you're supposed to just lay it out like that, at least try to act tough man, Jesus.
The US change of tone on Ukraine has been amazing. All the newspapers are like "there's no reason to go to war for Ukraine", as if the rationale has somehow changed from years ago. It hasn't, not one bit. This is just rationalizing growing US weakness. Biden and Democrats simply won't benefit from this military action because they're already viewed as having failed at or caused multiple crises, they don't have the support for a new military conflict.
Wulfschilde wrote:
The US change of tone on Ukraine has been amazing. All the newspapers are like "there's no reason to go to war for Ukraine", as if the rationale has somehow changed from years ago. It hasn't, not one bit. This is just rationalizing growing US weakness. Biden and Democrats simply won't benefit from this military action because they're already viewed as having failed at or caused multiple crises, they don't have the support for a new military conflict.

The military, and the war lovers, are pissed at Biden for pulling out of Afghanistan. It was their fault, they lied and screwed up for decades. But, of course, they are pointing the finger elsewhere..

The problem is, Germany gets it's energy from Russia and it's winter. They don't want to risk getting cut off. France is massively pissed off at us because of that sub Australia wants.

There is serious reluctance to get involved because as soon as our tanks start rolling towards Ukraine, Putin invades, and we will be in a deadly serious shooting war. It's been a long time since we faced down a military that can offer us a challenge, and is seriously dug in.

This situation genuinely sucks. We don't have the support we would absolutely have to have from our allies. We should have been building up in Europe for years, to counter Putin. Hasn't happened.

We have a choice between several different, yet awful, choices. The way we used to do this was roll with what we have, and try to make it work. Sometimes that works, like Korea, but sometimes that doesn't.

But this time, Putin would throw everything he has at us. We're simply not ready.
Wulfschilde wrote:The US change of tone on Ukraine has been amazing. All the newspapers are like "there's no reason to go to war for Ukraine", as if the rationale has somehow changed from years ago. It hasn't, not one bit. This is just rationalizing growing US weakness. Biden and Democrats simply won't benefit from this military action because they're already viewed as having failed at or caused multiple crises, they don't have the support for a new military conflict.

"The US is war mongering and escalating. They need to not start any more wars!"
:: The US tries to avoid war and not escalate ::
"The US is weak because they are avoiding war and not escalating! A crumbling empire!"

:roll:

It's also worth not confusing "weakness" with simply trying to not act unilaterally (which the likes of you would bitch and moan about endlessly), and trying to build consensus among more nations (which the likes of you seem to call weakness). Use your brain.
Last edited by Rancid on 21 Jan 2022 20:12, edited 2 times in total.
late wrote:Never gonna happen.

For once I find Scamp's suggestion not entirely bullshit. Alternatively, install some drones and assassinate an aide of Putin's just like what had been done to Soleimani, with provisions be done for such an operation against Putin himself.

Seriously, though, I wish to know your ideal action, assume that the necessary preparation work has been done.
Rancid wrote:"The US is war mongering and escalating. They need to not start any more wars!"
:: The US tries to avoid war and not escalate ::
"The US is weak because they are avoiding war and not escalating! A crumbling empire!"

:roll:

It's also worth not confusing "weakness" with simply trying to not act unilaterally (which the likes of you would bitch and moan about endlessly), and trying to build consensus among more nations (which the likes of you seem to call weakness). Use your brain.

You seem to be trying to suggest that I'm being inconsistent. How is a possible physical invasion by Russia the US starting a war?
What seems to be evident is dependence of Russian aggressiveness on which party is in power in the U.S.
1. Russia became very aggressive when Obama won. It even invaded Ukraine. Then Obama tears Russian economy ‘to tatters’. While Biden & Son quietly enjoy dealing with Ukrainian Burisma.
2. Then comes Trump. America is great again and does not want to hear about either Ukraine nor Russia. An eerie silence has fallen over the (virtual) battlefields.
3. Then Biden 'America is back'. And Russia becomes even much more aggressive. It looms over the tiny fragile and peaceful country threatening to the whole Western civilized world.

What is not quite evident is just what comes first. Is it really some weird Russian reaction to the democrats in the U.S.? Or does this reaction come from the Ukrainian side? Or are all those just some ‘narratives’ which do not reflect any reality what-so-ever?))
Patrickov wrote:
For once I find Scamp's suggestion not entirely bullshit. Alternatively, install some drones and assassinate an aide of Putin's just like what had been done to Soleimani, with provisions be done for such an operation against Putin himself.

Seriously, though, I wish to know your ideal action, assume that the necessary preparation work has been done.

"Never do your enemy a small injury."

Build up a fleet, on various platforms, of cruise missiles and drones programmed to attack assets threatening Ukraine. Maybe a thousand, start with taking out air defenses, then artillery, then tanks. Then bring in the air force to reduce what's left to rubble.

If Putin moves on Ukraine, suggest he stop...
late wrote:Build up a fleet, on various platforms, of cruise missiles and drones programmed to attack assets threatening Ukraine. Maybe a thousand, start with taking out air defenses, then artillery, then tanks. Then bring in the air force to reduce what's left to rubble.

If Putin moves on Ukraine, suggest he stop...

Exactly! And don't forget the nukes!
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]