Joe Biden greenlights Russian 'incursion' into the Ukraine - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Scamp wrote:
The Russian invasion seems to have stalled. Did the news of US made anti-aircraft and anti-tank missiles pouring into Ukraine have an effect?

There is an army of guys (and a few gals) that try to guess what Putin is thinking.

I think he was trying to shake things up.
late wrote:There is an army of guys (and a few gals) that try to guess what Putin is thinking.

I think he was trying to shake things up.

I agree. Maybe Putin was posturing and bluffing to gauge our response. Maybe he thought Biden wouldn't do anything.

But Putin knows, as do Russian generals, that our missiles will kill their tanks and helicopters. And thousands of these missiles have been delivered in a NATO style fast deployment. I'll bet he did not think that was going to happen.
The Moscow Times wrote:In separate press conferences on Wednesday, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said they had outlined diplomatic pathways out of the current crisis with several areas for increased cooperation.

“There was no positive response to the main question” of Russia’s demands, Lavrov said in a statement, adding that "there is a response which gives hope for the start of a serious conversation on secondary questions."

“One can’t say that our ideas and concerns were taken into account,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in a call with journalists on Thursday.

Peskov said the documents are now in the hands of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“All these papers are with the president,” he said. "Let's not rush to conclusions, it takes time to analyze.”

Putin seems to have got what he wanted. He's taken seriously enough, so he'll accept the offer with reservations.
Beren wrote:Putin seems to have got what he wanted. He's taken seriously enough, so he'll accept the offer with reservations.

Man I love to see Russia getting cucked and getting nothing with a turd sandwitch when it tries aggressive shit.

They bluffed then and we called their hand, now they are forced to try to sell this for their internal consumption as a win. Putin ratings gonna go down even more and his plan to boost his internal rating has failed.
JohnRawls wrote:
Man I love to see Russia getting cucked and getting nothing with a turd sandwitch when it tries aggressive shit.

They bluffed then and we called their hand, now they are forced to try to sell this for their internal consumption as a win. Putin ratings gonna go down even more and his plan to boost his internal rating has failed.

Exactly, if this is really about "wanting to be taken seriously", then Putin has some serious issues domestically. :lol:

This is like a toddler lashing out for attention. Like a toddler, to calm them down, you have to make them feel like they got what they wanted. :lol: Classic parenting move, make the asshole feel like they won, when really, they were just a fucking asshole.

Putin was the ass hat escalating shit with an invasion force. Putin can suck a dick.
Last edited by Rancid on 27 Jan 2022 20:54, edited 3 times in total.
JohnRawls wrote:Man I love to see Russia getting cucked and getting nothing with a turd sandwitch when it tries aggressive shit.

They're offered "increased cooperation", we'll see if what it's going to mean. In my opinion the Russians may have suspected, or rather may have got informed that the Ukrainians were preparing for trying to retake the Donbass by force, which would explain the whole crisis actually. Now both Ukraine and the West are deterred from taking any unilateral action while Ukraine's future NATO membership remains theoretically open, although less likely, I guess.
Beren wrote:They're offered "increased cooperation", we'll see if what it's going to mean. In my opinion the Russians may have suspected, or rather may have got informed that the Ukrainians were preparing for trying to retake the Donbass by force, which would explain the whole crisis actually. Now both Ukraine and the West are deterred from taking any unilateral action while Ukraine's future NATO membership remains theoretically open, although less likely, I guess.

Lol, yeah Kiev trying to retake Donbass, where have I heard this before not to mention that there was no increase in the usual numbers for Kiev before Russia actually started amassing its forces. Yeah, it is all Kievs fault. :knife:
JohnRawls wrote:Lol, yeah Kiev trying to retake Donbass, where have I heard this before not to mention that there was no increase in the usual numbers for Kiev before Russia actually started amassing its forces. Yeah, it is all Kievs fault. :knife:

Sure, it's rather believable Putin made all this for domestic appeal and now he accepts humiliation. :roll:

You said yourself that the Ukrainian army was a lot stronger than it had used to be, so it may be strong enough to retake the Donbass with a blitzkrieg before the Russians could mobilise. It was like it works in chess: Ukraine threatened the Donbass and Russia defended it with a counter-threat to them. Putin didn't want to invade Ukraine unless they attacked the Donbass.
Last edited by Beren on 27 Jan 2022 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:Sure, it's rather believable Putin made all this for domestic appeal and now he accepts humiliation. :roll:

You said yourself that the Ukrainian army's a lot stronger than it used to be, it could be strong enough to retake the Donbass with a blitzkrieg before the Russians could mobilise. It was like it works in chess: Ukraine threatened the Donbass and Russia defended it with a counter-threat to them. Putin didn't want to invade Ukraine unless they attacked the Donbass.

Yeah brother, it was all Kiev how could it be Putin doing stupid shit and winning stupid prizes while sipping his own demented corrupt propagandist narrative. It is always the Wests fault.
Beren wrote:Is this really supposed to be your argument?

He and others have already expounded several arguments for Putin's aggression against the Ukraine.

1) His reputation plunging in the polls.
2) Testing the West.
3) Completing his final solution in the Ukraine after already occupying several areas of the Ukraine.
4) Imposing his narrative.

JohnRawls wrote:So I am supposed to prove that Kiev was not planning to attack Donbas? Really?

Apparently according to Beren, 120k Russian soldiers, impossibly ridiculous demands to avoid an invasion that is apparently not planned and a previous track record of invading Ukraine do not in any way prove that Putin is planning to invade the Ukraine so he has to prove his claim that the Ukraine was doing worse things than that to Russia, if he actually wants to blame the Ukraine.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Putin is trapped in 1989 and won't let go. Someone send him a memo that the Cold War and the USSR are both over. This Russia vs NATO thing is so played out. Russia should stop being so confrontational with everyone and just join NATO.

That would mean Putin and his cronies giving up power though, as they would most likely be voted out in a heart beat.

Seriously though, Russia could easily join NATO and be best of buds with the rest of Europe if it wasn't for that dick face.
Let's review basic international law: any incursion of Russian troops into Ukrainian sovereign territory without Ukraine's consent, no matter how small or large, is an act of war, which is contrary to the UN charter and Treaty of Westphalia (1648) and should trigger a collective response by the entire international community to defend Ukraine from foreign military aggression. This is the only way to maintain peace and order in international relations.
Rancid wrote:That would mean Putin and his cronies giving up power though, as they would most likely be voted out in a heart beat.

Seriously though, Russia could easily join NATO and be best of buds with the rest of Europe if it wasn't for that dick face.

Exactly, like what's his problem? He's just like Trump, and can't help being a dick.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]