Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 482 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Igor Antunov wrote:800 dying per day in bahmut (western admission, real number much higher), 100,000 dead overall (western admission, real number much higher) managed to scrape a bomber wing and destroy a fuel truck with barrage of soviet era drones, got pummeled with missiles in turn, power and water non existent. :lol:

:lol:

OMG You are back. I thought a wolf might have eaten you in the middle of the tundra. :lol:
What's the plan stan?

Are we going to sit out the winter, spring & summer? And wait for next September/October to start peace talks?
By litwin
litwin wrote:Girkin is back, Moscow- Ukrainian War from Moscow far- rightish , imperialist prospective : " Moscow forces are apathetic, the soldiers don't know what they're fighting for, and is not expecting any success in the near future.

sorry 

@Igor Antunov When is Kyiv going to be taken? Is that three days up, yet?

You = :moron:
By Wels
How war is changing Russia’s population | DW Business Special

Dec 2, 2022
"Putin’s war in Ukraine is causing major changes back home. Hundreds of thousands of Russian men are being mobilized to fight and tens of thousands have already been killed or injured. Meanwhile, many Russians have left their country and millions of Ukrainians are thought to have arrived.

What impact will these changes have on the Russian population? And could the public response lead to Putin’s downfall? We discuss these questions and more with UCLA’s Oleg Itskhoki in this DW Business Special."

By Wels
Huge fire engulfs shopping centre in Moscow suburb

"The head of the Moscow region's emergency services agency said it appeared the blaze was the result of safety regulations being violated during repair work on the building.
Mega had been home to a large number of Western retail chains before the companies' departure from Russia in the wake of the Ukraine conflict, including one of the first IKEA stores in the Moscow area."

Or terror coming home.
Or false flag operation. Reason to further tighten the screws on Russia's people accusing unwanted elements of spreading terror. "Reichstagsbrand".

Or maybe it's getting tight for the caesar czsar, rumours have it Putin plans an escape.
Rob Urie wrote:The Americans Started the US War with Russia

...The ‘American view’ towards the war, informed domestically by an absence of the political violence that the US so regularly visits upon innocents around the globe, rank ideology, state propaganda, ignorance of world history, and the narrow economic interests of American oligarchs, imagines that it is fighting Frankenstein’s monster when it is that monster. What is the strategic interest of Ukraine to the US? More importantly, is it worth a potentially world-ending war?

In recent history, the US could have abided by the 1991 promise made by the George H.W. Bush administration to keep NATO away from Russia’s border. The US could have negotiated a security agreement with the Russians— as they have regularly requested over the last three decades. The US could have made Ukraine abide by the Minsk Accord(s) to which the Ukrainians and Russians had in principle agreed. There have been so many requests from the Russians to negotiate a lasting peace with the US that there is no convincing argument that the US didn’t want this war.

And yet the American anti-war left continues to insist, with decades of evidence to the contrary, that German and French guardians of the oligarchs (Scholz, Macron) would / could have overridden the (Joe) Biden administration’s drive to war when, as I predicted here in 2019, Biden was brought to power by the national security state to launch a war against Russia. Biden was up to his eyeballs in the US-led coup in Ukraine in 2014, was subsequently appointed to be the American prefect in Ukraine; and began preparing for war the day he entered office.

The reason why the US wants a war with Russia is first and foremost that the poor policy choices of the US political leadership over the last five decades ended American economic and political dominance somewhere around 2008. Starting in the 1970s, market fundamentalist ideology became the American tool of choice for extracting wealth from poor and working people and nations around the globe. The political class, acting at the behest of industrialists and Wall Street, believed its own fantasy that ‘nature,’ and not imperialist looting, had made rich Americans rich...

I like that Rob Urie calls out the ignorance of the general population in the USA as one of the great reasons for non-stop warring.

Rob Urie's list of things that contribute to American ignorance about this war:

1. an absence of the political violence that the US so regularly visits upon innocents around the globe

2. rank ideology

3. state propaganda

4. ignorance of world history

5. the narrow economic interests of American oligarchs

I would add that number 5 (the interests of USA-based oligarchs) is what creates the conditions of state propaganda (3) which creates rank ideology (2) and ignorance of world history (4).

That the USA has never withstood the destruction of a world war... could change at any minute, if the American public doesn't awake soon and react violently to their manipulation.

In other words, I see the central problem of the USA as... an infestation of oligarchy.
In conclusion, Rob Urie wrote:...As long as Lockheed Martin, Goldman Sachs, and Amazon rule the nation, ‘public’ policies will be for their benefit, not ours. Younger readers don’t have twenty or thirty years to figure this out. The problem with low and mid-level conflicts that persist is that they can escalate in the blink of an eye. This war has to be ended quickly. The Americans need to end the bullshit and negotiate a peace...

He is saying that oligarchical rule is soon going to destroy the USA, unless something dramatic changes there. By the way, the oligarchs will be fine... even if the rest of the population is decimated. They can always move to Israel where they will be protected from criticism by special laws that many states and provinces have acquiesced to.

What I don't get is... why are Americans so passive in the face of their own poverty and destruction by their own oligarchs. Talk about "taxation without representation;" your own elites would kill you for five bucks! And your own politicians would gag you for two!
QatzelOk wrote:What I don't get is... why are Americans so passive [...]

Because they're propagandized and dont know better.

Same as germans, by the way.
By Wels
^ An aggressive invasion but those who see what it is are "propagandized" (what a word) :hmm:

Of course you are right, Russia is the victim as we can see here:

The drunk loser strikes again. He is clearly beyond anything.
Anyone that excuses the aggressor in this war (Russia), is an absolute moron. No other way to explain how fucking stupid these people must be.
Rancid wrote:
Anyone that excuses the aggressor in this war (Russia), is an absolute moron. No other way to explain how fucking stupid these people must be.

Doncha love the whataboutism? You know, how awful Americans are...

Meanwhile Putin is bombing Ukraine into the Stone Age, nothing to see, move along.

It's hilarious they keep accusing us of ignorance, but when I call on my knowledge of history, they lack a substantive response.

Weak minds led by the nose.
By Wels
QatzelOk wrote:He is saying that oligarchical rule is soon going to destroy the USA, unless something dramatic changes there. By the way, the oligarchs will be fine... even if the rest of the population is decimated. They can always move to Israel where they will be protected from criticism by special laws that many states and provinces have acquiesced to. [...]

Just theoretical: Yes the US industry and "the rich" and generally "in the west" are those who possess the means of production, and could be called an "oligarchy" by definition.
Same as in Russia by the way. Or in China. Or in North Korea.
Though in Russia it is more of a cleptocracy.

Still I do not see them "oligarchs" destroy the US. This system works since a long time, and people who do not protest continue to live in what they see fit. I do not see much of the US population (or the west generally) being decimated by this as well.

Also the general living situation of the people in "the west" is generally a lot better than in autocracies. This may of course hamper modern development just out of convenience/comfort. Yes i agree there is a lot wrong and i hope this will change, also or especially in the west.

I do not see how this legitimates anything Putin/Russia did or does.
Wels wrote:^ An aggressive invasion but those who see what it is are "propagandized" (what a word) :hmm:

Rancid wrote:Anyone that excuses the aggressor in this war (Russia), is an absolute moron. .

OMG :lol:

Do I really have to explain to you the whole situation from the very start ? Do you even for example know what "Minsk agreements" are ? Do you even know that the USA has officially admitted they did a coup in Ukraine in 2014 ? Do you even know that now even Merkel admits she only gained time so Ukraine could

Oh, fuck it.

If you're not interested in politics, then maybe dont read a politics forum ?

Being called a "moron" by a moron is completely meaningless.

Your claim that bonobos are more similar to us […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]