Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 356 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Rancid
Rugoz wrote:Rats leaving the sinking ship.

I wouldn't be surprised if some soldiers are hiding in those cars to run away from the war too.
Yeah boy, torch those fucking airbases in crimea to the ground. Hopefully those were ATACMS rockets. Satelite images show large concentration of Russian aviation there also.
Igor Antunov wrote:I wonder how much longer Russia will tolerate NATO openly using US weaponry on Crimea?

"Tolerate". TOLERATE?! :lol:
Here is the full legal right internationally to fight against Russia in the war against Ukraine, since Kyiv gave up its nuclear weapons in return for the Russian pledge of respect for Ukrainian territorial integrity, accompanied and guaranteed by the US and UK.
So fighting against Russia on the territory of Ukraine is perfectly ok by international law even with boots on the ground, and maybe further.
There will come a moment where Russia begins striking NATO air and supply bases across Europe.

Bring it on. Why wait.
Last edited by Wels on 09 Aug 2022 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
By Wels
" [...] multiple explosions at a military airfield on the Russian-annexed Crimean peninsula.
[...] Emergency services have been mobilized en masse, the Russian governor of the region has said. The area around the airport has been cordoned off within a five-kilometer radius. The military airport is located in Novofedorivka, near the Black Sea.
According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the explosions took place in depots. The ministry states that aircraft ammunition went off and that it was not an attack.

The ministry also initially informed that there were no casualties, but local authorities contradicted that.
Ukrainian authorities have not yet responded. Speculation is rife on Ukrainian social media that this is a Ukrainian long-range missile attack. An eyewitness tells Reuters news agency that at least twelve explosions could be heard around 3:30 p.m. (local time). Another louder explosion followed half an hour later. In the nearby town of Saki, sirens went off.

Images shared by The Kyiv Post show large plumes of smoke rising near the military airport.

https://www.kyivpost.com/russias-war/br ... rimea.html

There have been no attacks on Crimea since the war broke out in February. Moscow previously threatened that a Ukrainian attack on Crimea would lead to a "fierce retaliation."
[edit by me: seems Ukrainians aren't scared so easily. I have not seen Russia doing anything else than threaten and escalate anyway, so wth.]

Huge traffic jam building at the Kerch Bridge in the east part of Ukraine's Russian-occupied Crimea. The jam started to build up after news broke of what may have been a Ukrainian rocket or missile attack on a Russian air base near Saki, Crimea."
Last edited by Wels on 09 Aug 2022 20:46, edited 3 times in total.
By Wels
Well now there is a real problem for Putin, and Russia. Russia as a rational partner would make an offer, but Putin with his (lacking) education, especially the non-existent knowledge of history, has no room for manoeuvering and changing the situation, not even change the official presentation and pretext of the situation. He has brought him (and Russia) into an unsolvable quagmire he cannot get out from.
In so far i am much with Igor, i take it a nuclear war is the only way for him to save face and take the witnesses of his failure with him.
What do you think how the rest of the world will think of this and react, especially China? ;)
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Well now there is a real problem for Putin, and Russia. Russia as a rational partner would make an offer, but Putin with his (lacking) education, especially the non-existent knowledge of history, has no room for manoeuvering and changing the situation, not even change the official presentation and pretext of the situation. He has brought him (and Russia) into an unsolvable quagmire he cannot get out from.
In so far i am much with Igor, i take it a nuclear war is the only way for him to save face and take the witnesses of his failure with him.
What do you think how the rest of the world will think of this and react, especially China? ;)

Putin is locked in, he wouldn't know how to back down. Full of hubris, much like the pro-Russia rats in this thread.
Operational security seems to be pretty good on the Ukranian side of things. It's funny because the pro-russian internet trolls take the silence from Ukraine as "Russia is winning" when it could just be that they have really good OpSec.

Also, there's a lot of reports of special forces and locals in Kherson basically fucking/harassing the Russians. There was also an attempt to kill the Moscow installed mayor there. Hopefully he is killed in the near future.
Last edited by Rancid on 09 Aug 2022 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
@JohnRawls

JohnRawls wrote:Yeah boy, torch those fucking airbases in crimea to the ground. Hopefully those were ATACMS rockets. Satelite images show large concentration of Russian aviation there also.

What weapon do you think was used to hit those airbases? Do you have any idea? Do you think we supplied those to the Ukrainians? I thought we decided we wouldn't do so. I read as it turns out, that we supplied HARM anti-radar missiles to Ukraine which was not on the official list of weapons we sent to Ukraine. This was reported on the news here in the United States. I am assuming they are using those HARM anti-radar missiles to go after S-400 sites Russia might be using.
Maybe Grom..

On the other hand who knows exactly how far Himars systems can strike, when it is depending on the missiles used.
Who would openly publish true numbers of their capability, especially in this situation.
Who knows whether it was russians not content with the situation?
Who knows whether it was ukrainian saboteurs?
No russian is safe. Keep them guessing.
Igor Antunov wrote:We're winning, Ukraine sisters.

So why is 65% of Russian forces in the South now? Are they perhaps afraid of the backhand blow to Melitopol or bypassing Melitopol that I talked about before? :lol:
Wels wrote:"Tolerate". TOLERATE?! :lol:
Here is the full legal right internationally to fight against Russia in the war against Ukraine, since Kyiv gave up its nuclear weapons in return for the Russian pledge of respect for Ukrainian territorial integrity, accompanied and guaranteed by the US and UK.

Ukraine got its independence from USSR because they pledged to respect cultural rights of other ethnicities in what would become Ukraine.
So, this is obvious NATO-sphere anticulture influence on Kiev...in 2013 Kiev geniuses started to think they could spit on their pledges, and expect others to keep theirs.
*How Kiev got fu*ked up by NATO 101"

So fighting against Russia on the territory of Ukraine is perfectly ok by international law even with boots on the ground, and maybe further.

What international law?!
The international law was killed by the USA and NATO long time ago.
Don't tell me you expect a nuclear power to stick to the IL killed by the other nuclear power?
You see, that's exactly NATO-sphere anticulture that fucked up Kiev...poor souls ...
They should've known better.

So, yeah-according to the current law created and imposed by the NATO, Ukraine is attacking sovereign Russian territory, therefore Ukraine will be held responsible for its crimes against civilian population of Russian region of Crimea.
This does not even deserve a comment, but a lack of historical knowledge is obvious.

1994: "Russia, the U.S. and the U.K. pledged to “respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.” The memo reaffirmed their obligation to “refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine.” The signatories also reaffirmed their commitment to “seek immediate” UN Security Council action “to provide assistance to Ukraine … if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression.” These assurances upheld obligations contained in the U.N. charter and the 1975 Helsinki Final Act.
Ukraine, in turn, gave up the nuclear weapons within its borders, sending them to Russia for dismantling."

https://theconversation.com/ukraine-got ... now-173481

Then this in 2014/15:
Moscow pledges to respect Ukraine's territorial integrity after Russian flag raised in Crimea AGAIN lol.
https://www.dw.com/en/moscow-pledges-to ... a-17464086

And in 2022 the russian invasion of Ukraine under the pretext of helping poor russians :lol:

Do you see the pattern or are you blind.
Putin wages a war of aggression for conquering territory to reinstall the glorious soviet union or at least it borders, he has no real education or knowledge, just a cold war KGB agent being washed up into a position where no one dares to challenge him. Not yet at least, but we will see.
No need to whitewash russian crimes and breaking treaties.
Azerbaidchan, Kazakhstan and Georgia will be next, then the baltic states.
But only if we let him. I say we don't.

I know you would like to send all the Serbs toRussia to help Putin destroy Ukraine, but this is just jingoistic bullsh!t and a feeling caused by propaganda bullsh!t.

Once more just for you, to explain what happened in the Donbas region in and after 2014:
Last edited by Wels on 09 Aug 2022 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
By Skynet
It is a stalemate, but both sides are not ready for a compromise. Russia's war for Crimea against the Ottoman Empire and its allies, was so costly they had to sell Alaska.

The Russian Blitzkrieg failed, they have to sit down on negtioating table.
Wels wrote:This does not even deserve a comment, but a lack of historical knowledge is obvious.

1994: "Russia, the U.S. and the U.K. pledged to “respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.” The memo reaffirmed their obligation to “refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine.” The signatories also reaffirmed their commitment to “seek immediate” UN Security Council action “to provide assistance to Ukraine … if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression.” These assurances upheld obligations contained in the U.N. charter and the 1975 Helsinki Final Act.
Ukraine, in turn, gave up the nuclear weapons within its borders, sending them to Russia for dismantling."

https://theconversation.com/ukraine-got ... now-173481

But, Belovezh accords were signed in 1991. Ukraine and other ex-Soviet republics obliged to respect cultural rights of others.
Did Ukraine respect Russian rights by forbidding usage of Russian language?

Ukraine become a victim of short-sightedness and stupidity of their leaders and NATO greed. No aggression involved but Kiev aggression on Donbas.

Then this in 2014/15:
Moscow pledges to respect Ukraine's territorial integrity after Russian flag raised in Crimea AGAIN lol.
https://www.dw.com/en/moscow-pledges-to ... a-17464086

Yep, that's the current law invented by the USA.

And in 2022 the russian invasion of Ukraine under the pretext of helping poor russians :lol:

Not poor, but harrassed by Kiev regime and its Nazi murderers.

Do you see the pattern or are you blind.
Putin wages a war of aggression for conquering territory to reinstall the glorious soviet union or at least it borders, he has no real education or knowledge, just a cold war KGB agent being washed up into a position where no one dares to challenge him. Not yet at least, but we will see.
No need to whitewash russian crimes and breaking treaties.

But, why would Russia need more territory or revival of USSR???
For Kiev it was just enough to stop killing people in the east...it seems that was too much to ask...so don't whitewash Kiev crimes in Donbas, they are the root of the conflict.

Azerbaidchan, Kazakhstan and Georgia will be next, then the baltic states.
But only if we let him. I say we don't.

Nonsense.
They can expect trouble only if they start killing Russians like Kiev had been doing for 8 years .

I know you would like to send all the Serbs toRussia to help Putin destroy Ukraine, but this is just jingoistic bullsh!t and a feeling caused by propaganda bullsh!t.

Nonsense. Those who pushed Poroshenko and Zelensky to kill their own people wish Ukraine to be destroyed.

Once more just for you, to explain what happened in the Donbas region in and after 2014:

Yeah, right
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

You mean the settlements they abandoned in 2006 f[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]