Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 247 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:Oh yeah, finally. We will provide real air defence systems to Ukraine. US will start sending Patriot air defence systems soon.

Oh, but but but whyyyy?

Isn't Russian air dominance a fairytale?!
Why would you waste your money on a nonexistent threat??

Better send some cannon fodder like Rancid.
By Wels
^ well yes, russian air dominance is a fairy tale. As are their laser weapons.
This is why Germany sends AA tanks. It seems you do not understand this, but it is the same like with the russian propaganda. It does not have to make sense.

Apart from that russian troops are going strong.
With emphasis on "going".

Independent_Srpska wrote:Better send some cannon fodder like Rancid.

I think Igor Antunov, you, Fasces, ness31, Rich and annatar1914 will be better cannon fodders.
Independent_Srpska wrote:Oh, but but but whyyyy?

Isn't Russian air dominance a fairytale?!
Why would you waste your money on a nonexistent threat??

Better send some cannon fodder like Rancid.

Patriot can easily shoot down the missile strikes that Russia is causing to Ukraine plus it has longer range so denial area will increase making air support even in Donbass probably impossible.
@Igor Antunov

Igor wrote:Why would you waste your money on a nonexistent threat??

A country with over 6,000 nuclear weapons, and hypersonic weapons, and that actively works against the interests of my country seems like a serious threat to me.
Politics_Observer wrote:[usermention=15657]

A country with over 6,000 nuclear weapons, and hypersonic weapons, and that actively works against the interests of my country seems like a serious threat to me.

Indeed.

But there's also the reality that Putin wants to conquer a bunch of NATO countries. He planned on Ukraine intimidating Europe, but it didn't turn out that way.

Gotta say, for all the noise the Howler Monkeys make, Biden handled this nicely. Every president makes mistakes, and so has Biden. But he's had to deal with a ton of crap since Day One, and he's getting a lot accomplished. Which is even more impressive considering that Republicans are trying to overthrow the government..
@late

Biden did an outstanding job handling this situation. If Trump were President, there might be an even greater chance, that Zelensky would be in Russian captivity awaiting his show trial in front of a Russian kangaroo court while Russia successfully imposed a puppet regime on all of Ukraine. We're lucky Putin waited to invade Ukraine when Biden was in office rather than deciding to invade Ukraine when Trump was still in office. EVERYTHING starts with the leadership.
By late
Politics_Observer wrote:[usermention=41202]

@late[/usermention]

Biden did an outstanding job handling this situation. If Trump were President, there might be an even greater chance, that Zelensky would be in Russian captivity awaiting his show trial in front of a Russian kangaroo court while Russia successfully imposed a puppet regime on all of Ukraine. We're lucky Putin waited to invade Ukraine when Biden was in office rather than deciding to invade Ukraine when Trump was still in office. EVERYTHING starts with the leadership.

Spent a lot of time recently at pofo.org

It's much larger than this and has a serious infestation of professional trolls, and over a dozen Howler Monkeys. Those are guys that are part of Trump's Death Cult. They're almost ready to start killing their second million..

So when I say something like Biden's doing a good job, I'll get a bunch of replies of utterly mindless BS. So basically I agree with you, but I got tired of brain dead howling by people that have only a slim chance of being human..
By Wels
Ukraine War: Russian forces suffer heavy losses in the Donbas region

The russian invasion has turned the Donbas into a scrapyard, they have destroyed the smallest villages with indiscriminate bombing and shelling. In a way one could hope that Russia has to deal and pay with building all this up again. I guess few people will want to live there after this is over.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:Not sure where you get that from but Ukraine stoping diplomatic negotiations suggests that your idea is wrong. Right now Ukraine is that outcome will be decided on the battlefield mode along with extending the war measures for 3 more months 2 days ago.

Right now, the most likely outcome in Ukraine looks to be a return to diplomacy - something President Zelensky hinted at in his interview earlier.

The alternatives are a change of heart in Russia, or even a change of leadership there – which seem far less likely.

Zelensky has made it clear that he doesn’t have the means to push the Russians back, which is why he’s urging people to stay cautious about the eventual outcome. But we’ve not had any signs of the Ukrainian resistance easing in any way.

So I think any resolution is going to rely on a peace deal at this moment in time.

The Donbas in the east is still Russia's priority. We’re hearing from Ukrainian forces that Moscow is throwing everything at the region – possibly because its troops can move more freely now that the Ukrainian city of Mariupol has fallen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-eur ... type=share
^ I take it that Russia takes every perceived weakness of Ukraine as a reason to fight on, and kill, and destroy.
I also think that any hint of diplomacy or putting an end to the war will therefore be rejected by Putin.
I HOPE i am wrong.

I am not sure what to make of it. Russia's miltary is depleted, Ukraine will not be able to defend like this forever. Europe and NATO are much too reluctant to go fully in against Russia, they bought Putin's blackmail of a nuclear war. Bull, but they did.

Russia will want to take the entire south of Ukraine, cutting it off from the black sea, and this means taking Odessa. Russia will not be content with less, so Ukraine either accepts that or Russia has to be driven out by force, everywhere.
Also, even with an end of war now, Russia will try again in 3-5 years to occupy the rest of Ukraine.

Conclusio is still that Europe and NATO should go fully in, and drive Russia out, now.
JohnRawls wrote:Patriot can easily shoot down the missile strikes that Russia is causing to Ukraine plus it has longer range so denial area will increase making air support even in Donbass probably impossible.

Ah, ok then...it makes sense. It seems reasonable from military point of view...though it might force Russia to increase their air fire power as a response to this increased risk.
By Wels
^ where do you think Russia will get "air fire power" from? Buy it from Turkey? With roubles? lol
No air superiority for Russia, so they have to use missiles.
Wars cost money. The sinews of war will catch up with Russia.
By Wels
Ukrainian troops say they destroyed a russian battalion tactical group

"The group was liquidated while attempting to cross the Siversky Donets river near the village of Serebryanka in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine’s 30th Mechanized Brigade said"

Politics_Observer wrote:Biden did an outstanding job handling this situation. If Trump were President, there might be an even greater chance, that Zelensky would be in Russian captivity awaiting his show trial in front of a Russian kangaroo court while Russia successfully imposed a puppet regime on all of Ukraine. We're lucky Putin waited to invade Ukraine when Biden was in office rather than deciding to invade Ukraine when Trump was still in office. EVERYTHING starts with the leadership.

Sorry I don't agree. My suspicion is Trump would have given some other kind of concession to Putin that he would not have invaded in the first place.

I am not to say Biden caused this invasion, but he probably did something right to make Putin so spiteful that he chose the path of destruction. (EDIT: No one wants war but to me it takes wars to destroy tyrannies.)

In some sense I am acting like BlutoSays as I really don't like you and late grabbing the opportunity to praise Biden at the expense of Trump, but I am willing to accept that Biden is the good guy here.
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Conclusio is still that Europe and NATO should go fully in, and drive Russia out, now.

Agree, NATO could end this very fast by easily smacking down Russia.

Wels wrote:Ukrainian troops say they destroyed a russian battalion tactical group

Isn't this old news?
World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]