HUGE LOSSES - UP TO 6,000 Muscovites HAVE BEEN KILLED IN UKRAINE PHOTOS, VIDEOS, TEXTS. regular upd - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

So what i can't understand is, we see these continual massive massive, losses by the Russians in men, in tanks, in other APCs, in aircraft, in drones, in rocket launchers and in ships.

While the Ukrainian losses from what I've learnt from the western media are minimal.

1 Soldier got his arm scratched near Kiev.
2 Soldiers reported absent near Luhansk with heavy colds.
3 Several dogs are reported to have damaged themselves on barbed wire fences.
2 Tanks making horrible grating noise due to possible oil leaks.
There's a rumour that one of Ukraine's trucks is going to have the whole head gasket changed but that could just be Russian propaganda and disinformation.

Yet strangely the Russians seem to be holding in front of Kherson and are still continuing to advance in Donbas and on the southern front. Why hasn't the Russian invasion completely collapsed? Why have the Ukrainians not capture a single major Russian city?
Rich wrote:So what i can't understand is, we see these continual massive massive, losses by the Russians in men, in tanks, in other APCs, in aircraft, in drones, in rocket launchers and in ships.

While the Ukrainian losses from what I've learnt from the western media are minimal.

1 Soldier got his arm scratched near Kiev.
2 Soldiers reported absent near Luhansk with heavy colds.
3 Several dogs are reported to have damaged themselves on barbed wire fences.
2 Tanks making horrible grating noise due to possible oil leaks.
There's a rumour that one of Ukraine's trucks is going to have the whole head gasket changed but that could just be Russian propaganda and disinformation.

Yet strangely the Russians seem to be holding in front of Kherson and are still continuing to advance in Donbas and on the southern front. Why hasn't the Russian invasion completely collapsed? Why have the Ukrainians not capture a single major Russian city?

"Why have the Ukrainians not capture a single major Russian city?" We dont need one or 2 Muscovite cities, we bring down the entire juchi project , the last time...

OK I exaggerated slightly, there are some wounded in AzovStahl, but as reported by the western liberal media, the Russians have suffered massive, massive losses, while Ukrainian losses are tiny. Why have so many Ukrainian offensives been halted, why have the Ukrainians turned back? Why do the Ukrainians keep giving up territory?

I mean we can see from this thread. I trust you, I trust that you're totally objective. I don't think that you've reported any Ukrainian losses in men or equipment. The only explanation for that, that I can think of is that the Ukrainians haven't suffered any causalities. If the Ukrainians had suffered losses you would have posted them here. Virtually all the casualties on the Ukrainian side are civilians.

It seems to me that the Russians might be stupid and even if inept, but they have displayed a bravery comparable with the Spartans at Thermopylae, where as the Ukrainians, aside from the Azov formation will abandon a position before they suffer a single casualty
Ukraine has losses. Does Putin publish his (real) losses? Why do you think he does not?
Why is the russian propaganda doing such a sh!tty job?
Rich wrote: [...] It seems to me that the Russians might be stupid and even if inept, but they have displayed a bravery comparable with the Spartans at Thermopylae, where as the Ukrainians, aside from the Azov formation will abandon a position before they suffer a single casualty

Now this is a bit rich (sorry for the pun)
I do not think russian soldiers are dumb or inept, but how did they display bravery? By giving up equipment, by running away and deserting?

There sure are some brave russian soldiers of course, but they are hampered with faulty, ill-maintained equipment, and thrown into combat by propaganda lies. And by listening to intercepted russian calls, they know that. Also lots of conscripts, of course denied by the Kreml.

Russia still has the upper hand in pure numbers. Was it Shukov saying that "numbers have a quality of their own"(?), cynically sacrificing badly equipped russian people for a pretext cause.

So if anyone would compare this with Thermopylae, the Persians would be the russian aggressors with superior numbers, and Ukrainians would be the "Spartans" defending their home. Fewer, well trained, using the weapons they have, withstanding the invasion. How long .. remains to be seen.
Wels wrote:Russia still has the upper hand in pure numbers.

What? Ukraine has a clear numerical advantage. Most of there numbers are made up militia, so Ukraine has undoubtedly has limits on the deployment of those militias. This is why Russia has withdrawn from Kiev, Sumy and has now pulled back from Kharkov. Obviously this is not a good position to be in for the Russian high command. Normally you would want to hold on to those territories as bargaining chips. Normally the attacker is looking to lengthen the front But fighting on wide fronts increases the forces that Ukraine can bring to bear.
Last thing i heard from putinophiles was a number superiority of 8:1 for Russia, in the Donbas. This may of course be nionsense, but i have no real idea. I still think there is a superiority in numbers for Russia, soldier-wise, maybe not that high.
So you say russian soldiers lost to militia in and near Kyev? I don't want to mock you here, i really think this is impossible.
Wels wrote:Last thing i heard from putinophiles was a number superiority of 8:1 for Russia, in the Donbas. This may of course be nionsense, but i have no real idea. I still think there is a superiority in numbers for Russia, soldier-wise, maybe not that high.
So you say russian soldiers lost to militia in and near Kyev?

They didn't only lose to militia. The term militia is a bit ambiguous. We have a whole range of Ukrainian forces, regular army, national guard, territorial defence, hastily organised militias, regular police units and even groups of friends who have or obtained weapons and have organised resistance without any governmental institutional involvement. Large numbers of militia forces which could operate behind enemy lines, particularly against soft supply units added greatly to Ukraine's forces around Kiev. Although far less capable than regular forces. they could operate from home and form their work places, without the heavy consumption of supplies.
Rich wrote:They didn't only lose to militia. The term militia is a bit ambiguous. We have a whole range of Ukrainian forces, regular army, national guard, territorial defence, hastily organised militias, regular police units and even groups of friends who have or obtained weapons and have organised resistance without any governmental institutional involvement. Large numbers of militia forces which could operate behind enemy lines, particularly against soft supply units added greatly to Ukraine's forces around Kiev. Although far less capable than regular forces. they could operate from home and form their work places, without the heavy consumption of supplies.

for how long Muscovites will believe to pootin´s TV? The Ukrainian should take photos and blast them on the internet for the Moscow public to see.

Finland expected to begin process of joining Nato this week - BBC News. How´ll Pootin´s response ? I say : he just swallows it, what else he can do?

Moscow ulus managed to play itself by: A) making more border countries want to join Nato B) making Western Europe and most of Eastern Europe beef up military and become more against it. C) Crippling it’s economy by getting sanctions and Europe deciding to ditch its reliance of Russian gas and oil due to its actions. D) Losing political power in various positions. E) Getting the Us to help Ukraine.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]