Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15222482
The deal is already dead since the other shareholders voted it down. But Musk being terrible at running businesses is pretty well documented, especially at PayPal or just the general shoddy make of Teslas.

Musk buying Twitter would be great. He'd probably tank it.
#15222578
I find it interesting that their board poison pilled it just in case he took over. That's their right.

But it gives insight into just how committed Silicon Valley is to controlling the narrative and squashing free "incorrect" speech.

I'm interested to see his countermove. BTW, he's a big climate warrior; has to be - there's money behind that narrative.
#15222605
Yeah it couldn’t be that the stock price was $70 within the last 6 months and they’re not obligated to take the first offer they get at $54 and change. I'd be surprised if Elon had the cash to do it and be some proprietor of Twitter.

Definitely go straight to conspiracies, smart thinking :roll:

It's incredible how right wingers view everything through the lens of culture war bullshit, but not surprising when you consider that their ideology not only doesn't offer any propositions for creating positive material change in people's lives; they actively reject the idea that government should even try. So all that's left is viewing any and all events through the lens of owning da libz.

If Elon wanted a platform premised on free speech absolutism, rather than the obvious pump and dump scheme he's running, he could buy the Gab with the change in his pocket. But it turns out most people don't use Gab because it's filled with nazis.
#15222613
Twitter is a cunt organization I hope Musks offensive on their operations never ends. He can afford it more than they can.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Definitely go straight to conspiracies, smart thinking :roll:


You say this with a grin I assume, because it's sarcasm? Twitter is 100% partisan and serves the DNC openly. They opened a government 'investigation' into Tesla just days after this takeover hit the news. Another wholly coincidental happening I'm sure.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 16 Apr 2022 08:46, edited 2 times in total.
#15222617
Igor Antunov wrote:You say this with a grin I assume, because it's sarcasm? Twitter is 100% partisan and serves the DNC openly. They opened a government 'investigation' into Tesla just days after this takeover hit the news. Another wholly coincidental happening I'm sure.


Wait there's an investigation into the company that makes shitty, poorly constructed cars with an ~automated driving system~ that randomly interprets things as stop signs or freeway dividers as onramps and has gotten multiple people killed? No fucking shit.

I can't believe the guy who makes cars in a tent with no safety markings because he doesn't like the color yellow is getting investigated for making shitty, dangerous cars.

Igor Antunov wrote:Twitter is 100% partisan and serves the DNC openly.


Lmao. Right wingers think Twitter is censoring them because their bot followers get banned, I don't care about your pathetic sympathetic persecution complex for your fellow reactionaries.
#15222626
So, I’m no car aficionado, but I know men…like, proper men :roll: some of whom thought Tesla was a gimmick, and they’ve been converted. It’s early days for sure, but definitely not shitty cars.
Insides are cheap and nasty apparently and they don’t even bestow them ‘car’ status; more like electric transporters lol.
#15222631
ness31 wrote:So, I’m no car aficionado, but I know men…like, proper men :roll: some of whom thought Tesla was a gimmick, and they’ve been converted. It’s early days for sure, but definitely not shitty cars.
Insides are cheap and nasty apparently and they don’t even bestow them ‘car’ status; more like electric transporters lol.


Tesla is an American manufacturer so its cars are typically American in quality, i.e they're relatively shit compared to European, Korean and Japanese workmanship. But the design is fine.

I know for example that Teslas use consumer grade off the shelf internals, meaning they have to waste battery running air con to regulate interior temp and humidity levels to protect the components while car is parked. In any Audi or even Hyundai the lcd displays and other devices are beyond consumer grade and completely immune to extreme temps and humidity. Not so with the Tesla. They cut many corners and employ many workarounds to equip the car with a 4k display and a high end geforce graphics card, technology which is too vulnerable for a typical car.
#15222633
Igor Antunov wrote:Tesla is an American manufacturer so its cars are typically American in quality, i.e they're relatively shit compared to European, Korean and Japanese workmanship. But the design is fine.

I know for example that Teslas use consumer grade off the shelf internals, meaning they have to waste battery running air con to regulate interior temp and humidity levels to protect the components while car is parked. In any Audi or even Hyundai the lcd displays and other devices are beyond consumer grade and completely immune to extreme temps and humidity. Not so with the Tesla. They cut many corners and employ many workarounds to equip the car with a 4k display and a high end geforce graphics card, technology which is too vulnerable for a typical car.


Yeah, apparently it’s just a giant i pad for a screen in the middle lol. But it’s not a typical car and people who know cars get that. Musk has pioneered large scale production of electric vehicles and that is, well, admirable.
Wish he’d done it with hydrogen :lol:
#15222634
Igor Antunov wrote:Tesla is an American manufacturer so its cars are typically American in quality, i.e they're relatively shit compared to European, Korean and Japanese workmanship. But the design is fine.

I know for example that Teslas use consumer grade off the shelf internals, meaning they have to waste battery running air con to regulate interior temp and humidity levels to protect the components while car is parked. In any Audi or even Hyundai the lcd displays and other devices are beyond consumer grade and completely immune to extreme temps and humidity. Not so with the Tesla. They cut many corners and employ many workarounds to equip the car with a 4k display and a high end geforce graphics card, technology which is too vulnerable for a typical car.


No, they're shit because Elon is a shitty businessman who would have crashed Paypal into into the ground if he hadn't been ousted as CEO and replaced with Peter Thiel. A man who also sucks, but is at least competent.

Teslas are literally made in a tent on the factory grounds. I have seen Teslas being transported on the highways, multiple times, with zero protection from anything. They don't even bother to put that weird zebra pattern covering on the Teslas to protect them from dust and errant rocks and shit, which is standard for other companies. But Elon knows better, which is why they don't allow yellow danger paint on factory grounds.

Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 16 Apr 2022 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

I haven't watched the video Then watch it or re[…]

I saw an interesting article a couple of days ago […]

https://files.techhub.social/cache/m[…]

The ethical question is not who wins, but who sh[…]