Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Drlee wrote:And Musk has turned Trump's 57,000 tweet deep account back on. Who is surprised about this?

https://www.reuters.com/technology/musk ... 022-11-20/

Apparently not even Trump himself has any respect of Musk's actions.

Although as a person banned by another forum 3 years ago, I very much believe this is something that worth our learning -- do not give a damn of the society which has banished you.

If Trump stays true to his snub then I will say this is definitely a correct decision on his part.
Patrickov wrote:https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-twitter-poll-showing-narrow-majority-want-trump-reinstated-2022-11-20/

Apparently not even Trump himself has any respect of Musk's actions.

Although as a person banned by another forum 3 years ago, I very much believe this is something that worth our learning -- do not give a damn of the society which has banished you.

If Trump stays true to his snub then I will say this is definitely a correct decision on his part.

On line poll on twitter as way to make these sort of rulings, how many bots voted Elon?
Twitter may have to pay some level of reparations Trump to entice him back. That could be a good business decision. Now I know a lot of Liberals might not be able to understand this but the point for many of us true freedom lovers is not to replace the speech dictator with a different one, but eliminate slave speech altogether. Trump may need additional guarantees from Musk.
BlutoSays wrote:Well I'm not you. I have opinions.

And they're all stupid. That's why I love you. You have the dumbest take on everything. You bootlicking moron.

I absolutely love how you think a multi-billion dollar media corportaion is "the left," you're fucking incredible. I want to take you to the bars I frequent and introduce you to my friends before I tell them you're a joke.
It literally took Twitter billions of dollars of VC money to force its existence into profitability before Elon bought it.

I am fucking hard as a rock watching the dumbest billionaire to trod the earh like a three legged, freshly born doe trying to figure out how to manage a fragile fabberge egg of a business that forced a market into existence despite there being no market for hot takes in less than 140 characters.

Look! He brought the sink before he fired about 110+ years of experience on a stupid, fragile product that was only willed into existewnce by VC money! But he's so funny! I'm going to upvote this on Reddit, which won't make Elon any money!!
BlutoSays wrote:Well I know it drives you crazy. I think it's awesome. If you don't like his tweets, you don't have to read them.

I can't. I turned off my account.

But I know you like them. You see Trump as a font of truth. Some of the rest of us....not so much.
Drlee wrote:I can't. I turned off my account.

But I know you like them. You see Trump as a font of truth. Some of the rest of us....not so much.

Honey, you don't need a twitter account to read twitter. I have ZERO social media accounts. Never have.

If someone else mentions a comment, it's easy enough to read by people embedding them in a news article, OR searching <person name/handle> AND <social media platform of your choice>.

I see Trump as saying what needs to be said, hurt feels and all. You, not so much.

Will your TDS turn into DDS? Of course it will. But, you're a republican as you keep telling us. :roll:

In short, STFU and go back and pet your cat in your lap, or whatever it is you do.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It literally took Twitter billions of dollars of VC money to force its existence into profitability before Elon bought it.

I am fucking hard as a rock watching the dumbest billionaire to trod the earh like a three legged, freshly born doe trying to figure out how to manage a fragile fabberge egg of a business that forced a market into existence despite there being no market for hot takes in less than 140 characters.

Look! He brought the sink before he fired about 110+ years of experience on a stupid, fragile product that was only willed into existewnce by VC money! But he's so funny! I'm going to upvote this on Reddit, which won't make Elon any money!!

Exhibit ONE (11:28pm November 18th):

Exhibit TWO (9:36am November 20th):

BlutoSays wrote:Honey, you don't need a twitter account to read twitter. I have ZERO social media accounts. Never have.

If someone else mentions a comment, it's easy enough to read by people embedding them in a news article, OR searching <person name/handle> AND <social media platform of your choice>.

I see Trump as saying what needs to be said, hurt feels and all. You, not so much.

Will your TDS turn into DDS? Of course it will. But, you're a republican as you keep telling us. :roll:

In short, STFU and go back and pet your cat in your lap, or whatever it is you do.

I see. Thanks for acknowledging that you do not care whether Trump speaks the truth or not. I totally understand your position. Purely destructive. Not patriotic and certainly not very bright but it is your opinion. And, as with most deranged people, you think it is everyone else who is deranged. I recommend you get help.

And I won't STFU. At least not when some ball less blowhard tells me to. I have a lifetime of experience ignoring ignorant fools jumping up and down for attention.
Drlee wrote:I see. Thanks for acknowledging that you do not care whether Trump speaks the truth or not. I totally understand your position. Purely destructive. Not patriotic and certainly not very bright but it is your opinion. And, as with most deranged people, you think it is everyone else who is deranged. I recommend you get help.

And I won't STFU. At least not when some ball less blowhard tells me to. I have a lifetime of experience ignoring ignorant fools jumping up and down for attention.

Well I guess I'm off your Christmas card list. :lol:
People still here debating about twitter death. But you all are a bit unaware of IT "principles" for this.

Any outage longer than 20 minutes is considered a catastrophe to be honest. Anything beyond that I am not sure how to even describe. Also you need to balance frequency and severity.

So the question is, how much functionality will Twitter loose and for how long before things stabilise there? Will there be a total outage of any sort? Will there be outages of specific services? Will it cascade? How fast can you recover?

With so many engineers gone then who is tracking the day to day activities along with periodic important stuff like renewing certificates and so on?
JohnRawls wrote:People still here debating about twitter death. But you all are a bit unaware of IT "principles" for this.

Any outage longer than 20 minutes is considered a catastrophe to be honest. Anything beyond that I am not sure how to even describe. Also you need to balance frequency and severity.

So the question is, how much functionality will Twitter loose and for how long before things stabilise there? Will there be a total outage of any sort? Will there be outages of specific services? Will it cascade? How fast can you recover?

With so many engineers gone then who is tracking the day to day activities along with periodic important stuff like renewing certificates and so on?

This is gonna be fun.... 8)

Potemkin wrote:This is gonna be fun.... 8)

It is even worse actually. Not sure what he wants to "change" in twitter. But from my experience, people who are most important for this change or change of the systems in any significant or important manner are higher level personal from technical standpoint that you might considered management but they just manage technology or change itself without really managing people AND THEY DO NOT WRITE CODE. They know everyone since their job is encompassing for this but it feels like they don't qualify under Musks "write code" thing. If he fired those people then he won't be able to change anything besides turn things on or off or some minimal things.
BlutoSays wrote:Well I'm not you. I have opinions. You have opinions.

But first and foremost, I don't live a life of jealousy like you do. If a person is playing by the rules and profits, then I don't care how much they have or make. That's where we differ. I don't believe it's a zero sum game. You do. And don't give me some cock and bull story about how you're some financial advisor to the rich and therefore you know better than everyone else. You aren't. You're an internet personality like everyone else.

Capitalism is the most efficient system to ever exist when compared with all the other alternatives. That's just a fact. OTOH, people like you are uncomfortable with competition and even playing fields. You want guaranteed outcomes that are spread across the masses equally regardless of effort put in. Sorry, that's bullshit.

I certainly DO support EBT. What I don't support is people like you and the leftists here defining half the god damn population as "poor" and then working to redistribute the income of half the country to the other half, and that's EXACTLY what you strive for. And after that, you move the goal posts to more than half, to the point where very few are actually pushing the cart. Most are inside the cart and you keep giving me their BS plight.

BTW, those climate change activists, government silly servants, "lifetime students" and workers serving the "goodness of man", they aren't actually philanthropic and egalitarian. They're raking in the bucks also for THEMSELVES. Follow the money. You know it, I know it. EVERYONE works in their own pocket.

I'm pretty easy to understand, actually. I tell it like it is. I'm not here to change my views depending on if it's R or D. And if you're under some misapprehension as to what drives me, I get great joy in pointing out that everything that democrats accuse republicans of, democrats are actually the ones doing the dirty.

Are we clear now?

Capitalism ISN'T about level playing fields or competition, Capital HATES those things and will remove them every chance it gets.

You don't have your OWN opinions. Your follow the instructions your masters give you, you tell it exactly the way you are told to, unthinking obedient drone that you are.
BlutoSays wrote:Well I guess I'm off your Christmas card list. :lol:

Just more evidence of your utter hypocritical lack of any sort constancy. MY guys are good regardless of what they do , the other guys are worng no matter what they do,

You don;t have any actual objection to the "liberals" you post you stuff about because your absolutely fine with "conservatives" doing the exact same thing.
pugsville wrote:Capitalism ISN'T about level playing fields or competition, Capital HATES those things and will remove them every chance it gets.

You don't have your OWN opinions. Your follow the instructions your masters give you, you tell it exactly the way you are told to, unthinking obedient drone that you are.

Just the opposite.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whats up with this strange idea that ukrainians ar[…]

@late the issue is evolution. It never stops. We[…]

Moscow empire has an elaborate culture of the so[…]

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]