Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

SpecialOlympian wrote:He is literally one of the worst businessmen who has ever lived.

He seems rather good at it. Perhaps not always of the highest ethical standards, but then there's a lot of competition for the most unethical business man spot.

I have zero respect for anyone in the tech sector.
But here you are on the forum on the internet using a sizealbe technology stack.,

Oh no, a bunch of autists are losing their coding jobs where they help spread racism on the internet.

Jesus Twitter was about as woke as they come, OK maybe with the exception of OK Cupid. That's why so many Twitter employees chose to walk. They objected to his politics.

Fucking amateurs. I work in finance.

Well then you should be aware that Twitter was the first big Tech company to adopt Scala. A lot of the financial service industry have followed them. Twitter made considerable contributions to the Scala ecosystem, although I wouldn't expect a lot of know nothing Liberal bigots to be aware of that.
Rich wrote:Jesus Twitter was about as woke as they come, OK maybe with the exception of OK Cupid. That's why so many Twitter employees chose to walk. They objected to his politics.

Jesus Christ, tell me you can't get a date without telling me you can't get a date.

I'm going to guess that you putting "GIVE ME YOUR COVID" in your profile didn't work out too well.

Rich wrote:Well then you should be aware that Twitter was the first big Tech company to adopt Scala. A lot of the financial service industry have followed them. Twitter made considerable contributions to the Scala ecosystem, although I wouldn't expect a lot of know nothing Liberal bigots to be aware of that.

Absolutely not. We pay unfuckable losers to know this shit for us.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 27 Nov 2022 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Rich wrote:They objected to his politics.

What evidence is there of this? A look at my LinkedIn (I'm 2nd and 3rd degree connected to a lot of former twitter employees). Most left because they didn't want to subscribe to the "hardcore work" with no extra pay agreement Musk asked everyone to sign. No one is citing politics. This whole twitter is a left wing bastion thing has been proven wrong again and again anyway, but right wing morons continue to tow this line because it's easy to fool morons. (Side note: Research shows that Twitter bans more right wingers, because they simply violate the rules more, not because there is some sort of grudge against right wingers... on average, Right wingers are bigger assholes on twitter... basically).

The thing I also find really odd about this, is how so many people are looking at this twitter drama from an exclusively "Democrats vs Rebpuclican" politics kind of stand point. This lens misses almost everything about what is going on here. The appropriate lens to use is the standard business strategy/angling lens. I would extend my point to say that this is the fundamental problem with Americans. They view EVERYTHING from a "Democrats vs Republicans" angle, when that is usually not the right way to view things.

Additionally, as I called in an earlier thread. Once this drama settles, I guarantee you Twitter will go right back to what it was before, with the same amount of content moderation (to get advertisers to come back). Maybe with just a few tweaks here and there, but overall, it will stay the same. Right wingers will claim victory even though nothing was won, even though moderation is still there.

Anyway, Musk is a market manipulating faker. His "man of hte people" image has been contradicted by himself so many times, that you have to be an absolute fucking moron to still worship him. In short, he's a weasel. More so than Zuckerberg or BEzos.
Last edited by Rancid on 27 Nov 2022 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
I want to make a few things clear to every gross weirdo who touches a computer for a living:

• I'm opening every email and downloading every attachment with zero consideration
  • I will NEVER change my password from abc123
  • It's YOUR JOB to clean up after me, and I want you to think of me as untrained pet who shits on the floor
SpecialOlympian wrote:And which worked out great for him when he tried the whole "Agree to these unenforceable changes to your contract or you resign" shit with his European workforce, where there are actual employee protections on the books.

The business genius Musk has invited many law suits. Especially in Europe where worker rights are respected more. Again, if we drop the stupid politics lens that so many people are incorrectly using here. It becomes so fucking clear what a business fuckup Musk is.

Dude paid 44B for a company that is valued at 10B. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thing I simply still cannot get over (as I see on my LinkedIn), is how many people are simping so hard for Musk. I really don't get it. How can grown ass men worship another man like this?
SpecialOlympian wrote:Jesus Christ, tell me you can't get a date without telling me you can't get a date.

I'm going to guess that you putting "GIVE ME YOUR COVID" in your profile didn't work out too well.

Absolutely not. We pay unfuckable losers to know this shit for us.

Well there's a lot of competition for top know nothing Liberal, but you must be up there. You're the poster that said "So you are a flat Earther then" when I said I believed the earth was an oblate spheroid. So no wrong again loser! I mentioned OK Cupid not because I'm a user of there site but because they were a major player in getting Brendan Eich sacked from Mozilla. That's neither forgotten or forgiven.

I don't actually use dating sites, they don't suit my style, but what if I did, why would that be the slightest reason to feel embarrassed? When I was a teen age boy in many ways I wasn't that emotionally mature. But even then I never engaged in trying to bully people over alleged lack of "success" in sex. But here you are a grown man on a political forum supposedly to discuss serious issues and all you can do is engage in teen age insults like some pathetic insecure teen age bully.

Why don't you try developing or a least faking a little bit of emotional maturity.
Last edited by Rich on 27 Nov 2022 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine thinking that having the freedom to speak, regardless of your beliefs, is a bad thing. 3 or 4 years ago Musk was a savior for the left wing, and backs fighting climate change. Alas, this(Twitter) is a bridge too far for left-wing activists, though. Right? Inconsistent, to say the least.

Musk is worth $191 Billion. He can take risks. Providing equity doesn't mean spending money on Twitter, and $33 Billion of that is equity.

@Rancid No one is simping for Musk. He's never been a "businessman", but a visionary who hires the right people and is organized enough to attain great goals.
Last edited by Godstud on 28 Nov 2022 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Imagine thinking that having the freedom to speak, regardless of your beliefs, is a bad thing. 3 or 4 years ago Musk was a savior for the left wing, and backs fighting climate change. Alas, this is a bridge too far for left-wing activists, though. Right?

Musk saying Heil Hitler on Twitter should be a bridge too far for anyone.
Rich wrote:Well there's a lot of competition for top know nothing Liberal, but you must be up there. You're the poster that said "So you are a flat Earther then" when I said I believed the earth was an oblate spheroid. So no wrong again loser! I mentioned OK Cupid not because I'm a user of there site but because they were a major player in getting Brendan Eich sacked from Mozilla. That's neither forgotten or forgiven.

I don't actually use dating sites, they don't suit my style, but what if I did, why would that be the slightest reason to feel embarrassed? When I was a teen age boy in many ways I wasn't that emotionally mature. But even then I never engaged in trying to bully people over alleged lack of "success" in sex. But here you are a grown man on a political forum supposedly to discuss serious issues and all you can do is engage in teen age insults like some pathetic insecure teen age bully.

Why don't you try developing or a least faking a little bit of emotional maturity.

I don’t think you understand what @SpecialOlympian is all about @Rich….
Fasces wrote:Imagine having $44 billion and thinking that the best way to improve the world is to make it easier for Nazis to talk shit online.

The funniest thing is Elon just debasing himself by listening to accounts like @catturd2, a fucking righting weirdo showcased on Tucker Carlson who constantly bitches about how he's shadowbanned, and being like, "Yes sir, I'll get on it right away!" like he's a customer service representative.

He payed $44 billion to get owned nonstop and it's fucking hilarious.
Fasces wrote:Musk saying Heil Hitler on Twitter should be a bridge too far for anyone.
He Tweeted a meme("Musk tweeted a picture of Adolf Hitler with the caption “Stop comparing me to Justin Trudeau. I had a budget.” "), but you knew that and made up a bold-faced lie, because you are emotionally invested in anything he does.

Humour isn't allowed in your Facist society, is it? It's funny how China isn't the embodiment of evil, but Musk is... :hmm:

Is throwing soup on a Van Gogh too far for you?
It's funny when people want freedom of speech and don't want people to be cancelled and then when someone actually does it, they lose their fucking minds. :knife:

The pendulum has swung so far to the 'left', that even a 'left-winger' like myself, has been left behind. :lol:

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]