Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC says it's THEIR job to tell people what to think. Joe Scarborough then agrees with a "yeah". The left is scared shitless of anyone challenging their narrative :D

Then, we have MSNBC making this interview over Musk taking over Twitter. OF COURSE being good little leftists, they would inject race. It's as predictable as the sun rising and setting.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=Ebsr2kv2TuuKFsmgNO1HDA

The fear of losing control is palpable. :lol:
Musk is a “free speech absolutist” who says Twitter is “the platform for free speech around the world.” Donald Trump Jr urged Elon Musk to come up his own social media platform that can “blow Twitter away” and save “free speech in America.” Musk can restore former President Donald Trump's Twitter account, if his takeover bid is successful.

I think it has been the Librals reaction to the Ukraine invasion that has been most revealing. I mean I could understand the argument for fascism in our response to Covid. I didn't agree with it but I could understand it. A minority opposing the rules could have undermined them if they had really been as effective and Covid had really been as dangerous as the Librals claimed. But with the Ukraine invasion what would be so bad about a few people putting the pro Putin view? They're not about to win the struggle for western public opinion any time soon. Why must every conflicting voice be silenced?
uh oh twitter bros, musk is on the offensive again.

Elon Musk says he has $46.5 billion in financing ready now to buy Twitter, seeks to bypass poison pill defence
Musk, who owns about 9 per cent of Twitter shares, indicated that he’s exploring what’s known as a tender offer in which Musk would try to get other shareholders to pledge their stock to him at a certain price on a certain date, bypassing the board. If enough shareholders agree, Musk could use that as leverage to get the board to drop the poison pill defence against his offer.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 5afa6.html

Poison pill gets activated as soon as any party involved owns more than 15% of the stock. If Elon has found 3 other parties willing to each on their own buy 14% of the stock, they can vote out the board without activating the poison pill.

And if they pull poison pill too low, they'll harm other big investors. For example, Vanguard owns 10.4% and Morgan Stanley 8.4%.

Plus by activating the poison pill, they would devalue current stockholders, and increase the chance of litigation for fiduciary damages.

Either way, musk is coming for you twitter bros. You got too cucky twitter bros.
BlutoSays wrote:I love it. Project managers, administrative paper pushers, professional meeting attenders and water cooler juggernauts need not apply. Imagine if this happened in all of Sillycon Valley?

:lol:

This wll have prescisely the opposite result.

Anyone who can walk to a decent job is already on their way.

Only the dross leftovers will stay to work under this regime.
pugsville wrote:This wll have prescisely the opposite result.

Anyone who can walk to a decent job is already on their way.

Only the dross leftovers will stay to work under this regime.

OR, there's really no change in the product or service and that means there was a lot of overhead and the manpower level really wasn't needed.

You know, that actually can be a possibility. I know you don't think so in your own little world, but bloat does occur in organizations.
BlutoSays wrote:OR, there's really no change in the product or service and that means there was a lot of overhead and the manpower level really wasn't needed.

You know, that actually can be a possibility. I know you don't think so in your own little world, but bloat does occur in organizations.

Yup bloat exists. It'ss fairly universal.

But this ranting and shouting at people "work harder" is pretty much the dumbest form of project management, the "death March" (all too common). If your a talented coder why stay to work under a regime like this? They have options and they will take them. Coders are prickly lot and they will not stay to work under a regime that has no respect for people, Coders thrive when work is 'fun'.

Bad management (and this is very bad management) drives the employees who have options out, mostly the best ones. You want to keep good people work smarter not harder. Coders will put in big hours for things they believe in , in a good work environment, they often will even if not required. But medieval whip cracking is just dumb way manage coders. They will not respond well to this treatment, They actually start working less, I man you want an antipathetic uncaring workforce who putts in the absolute minimum this is how you get it.

Musk is conduction operations that only the most spinless , least creative, people with no good employment prospects elsewhere will actually stay long term.
'
BlutoSays wrote:I love it. Project managers, administrative paper pushers, professional meeting attenders and water cooler juggernauts need not apply. Imagine if this happened in all of Sillycon Valley?

:lol:

This is stupid though. Writing code in it is only like 20-30% of the work. If you fire everyone else then you don't have an IT Company but bunch of indie developers of something. :eh:

I don't write code for example but I am an IT architect. So I consult developers on how to write, what rules to follow, what technology to use, what is the architecture to use, where to put stuff, participate in analysis, how it is connected to the whole econsystem of different systems, make sure the product is good and so on. But I don't write code since I am in a way senior position from the technological standpoint. I don't write code but I do manage all of technology and is responsible for all the non-functional requirements whatever they might be. And even functional to some degree during analysis.

And there are plenty positions on levels below me lets say that are equal to developers, for example administrators of environments, applications, support tools and so on. All those people don't write code but they maintain or deploy something or monitor and so on.

You can survive without people that don't code only if you are an indie developer of several people. Once the systems get complicated, larger and larger then you start to understand that the infrastructure from software to hardware needs technological management. Then you grow even larger and larger so you need now people who can manage development from the technological standpoint. Then you grow some more and you start understanding that just building same paterns or random paters also doesn't work since the software, econsystems and re-writing starts to become impossible so you start managing all technologies and create a bridge between business side of things to the technological side of things through architects. Then you grow again and such hard subject start to come up as technological debt, migration of systems to new platforms or version upgrades.

If you have just developers who write code then you are going to be fucked depending on how complicated your software is or how you ecosystem of different microservices or different systems is.
Elon fucked up hard by successfully driving away advertisers, the people who maintain Twitter's infrastructure, and anyone who knows what they're doing.

Not only is the $1 billion per year in interest that Elon has to pay for the takeover greater than Twitter's previous net earnings of $600 million, the source of that income has been chased away. When Omnicom, one of the biggest ad firms out there is telling its clients (including Apple and McDonald's) that they recommend pausing spending at Twitter because it's a toxic dumpster fire that's not a good sign. It looks even worse when the executives who work with ad buyers are fired, and then your main guy who's in charge of clamping down on hate speech and such on the platform quits it's even worse. And he should have quit a long time ago anyway, he was doing a shit job at it.

It's gonna be real funny when Twitter gets sued by Germany for violating their Holocaust denial laws because Elon keeps posting memes from PepeHonkler1488 and the guy whose job would have been to tell Elon about those laws was fired.

JohnRawls wrote:This is stupid though. Writing code in it is only like 20-30% of the work. If you fire everyone else then you don't have an IT Company but bunch of indie developers of something. :eh:

Elon fired a bunch of people based purely on the quantity of code they created. Which, apparently, means he fired a fuckton of people who do very important stuff like security.

It owns that Elon's management strategy was to come in and say (stealing this here): "You'll work twice as hard without remote work for the same pay to help me make a platform filled with nazis" and that somehow wasn't appealing to Twitter staff.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 18 Nov 2022 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Major General Harri Ohra-Aho on Russia's decision […]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]