Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Potemkin wrote:No he didn't, and no it won't. Period. :|

Nobody knows yet and if you think you do then you are lying to yourself. Right now it looks unlikely but it can only go up from here. I mean he is doing what the financial market would expect from him:
1) Downsize the workforce to reduce wage costs
2) Reduce on costs of infrastructure
3) Reduce the costs in other areas

You might not like it but if Twitter stays working and afloat then this will eventually trickle down to more share value. Well, if the app doesn't collapse on itself.
AFAIK wrote:Elon bought Twitter because he wanted to extract wealth from his overvalued car company without crashing the stock price. Twitter called his bluff and now he finds himself in over his head.

^ This.
I literally do not understand BlutoSay's fiery anger at burning off the leaches who don't do enough in a capitalist system. With "doing enough" being some vague definition of sacrificing all your happiness for your employer. It is a disgusting thought to me.

Literally, if you thought capitalism was the most perfect and most efficient system to ever exist, it would argue for govenrment handouts to give poor people to buy Capitalisms's products because a welfare state increases its market base. It is just the government, whose currency the capitalists use, giving money to people to spend on their vertically and horizontally aligned monopolies. Why wouldn't you support EBT?
Elon Musk will make money. Most of his ventures are extremely successful and he's a safe gamble. It's not as if he's using his OWN money. You guys who think he won't make money on Twitter are fooling yourself.
Listen: For normal people watching Elon fuck up Twitter is fuckoing hilarious.

Fuck everyone like Bluto who wants take this a stupid ass right/left thing. This is just peole watching a moron set himself on fire.

The point of the thread is to see a billionaire fuck up in real time, and nothing else. I'm not dictating anything: if you follow the @elonmusk twitter account there will be more than ample amount of content for everyone to comment on because he is a giant retard.
Godstud wrote:Elon Musk will make money. Most of his ventures are extremely successful and he's a safe gamble. It's not as if he's using his OWN money. You guys who think he won't make money on Twitter are fooling yourself.

He literally can't. The loans he took out to buy Twitter, afer a comical series of being called out on multiple lies, is $1 billion a year.

Twitter makes $600 million a year.

Elon is starting off owning a company he took private and off the NYSE at a -$400 million differential.

But don't worry. Elon's expertise is easily worth many billions of dollars, Haha
JohnRawls wrote:Nobody knows yet and if you think you do then you are lying to yourself. Right now it looks unlikely but it can only go up from here. I mean he is doing what the financial market would expect from him:

You might not like it but if Twitter stays working and afloat then this will eventually trickle down to more share value. Well, if the app doesn't collapse on itself.

Twitter is relevant because it is a useful platform for press releases by important folks.

Getting rid of the blue checkmark makes it less reliable.

Breaking two factor authentication makes it less reliable.

Breaking existing architecture and not being up to date on the latest and best cybersecurity practices (expensive without a return in ofitself) makes it less reliable. The only thing worse that a fake Biden account declaring war is if the real Biden account gets hacked and does.

Firing all your best security and dev guys on day one because they "write less code" makes it less reliable.

Elon Musk is killing Twitter in real time. He's made four huge mistakes in as many weeks. If the corpos and politicians go, so does any path to profitability.
Godstud wrote:Elon Musk will make money. Most of his ventures are extremely successful and he's a safe gamble. It's not as if he's using his OWN money. You guys who think he won't make money on Twitter are fooling yourself.

In Elon we trust. :angel:
JohnRawls wrote:Nobody knows yet and if you think you do then you are lying to yourself. Right now it looks unlikely but it can only go up from here. I mean he is doing what the financial market would expect from him:

I like Elon Musk. He's one of the more likeable Billionaires, and Twitter was a woke shit-show that banned anyone for anything.

The simps are the people complaining because Musk bought Twitter, and their feelings are being ignored.
Godstud wrote:I like Elon Musk. He's one of the more likeable Billionaires, and Twitter was a woke shit-show that banned anyone for anything.

The simps are the people complaining because Musk bought Twitter, and their feelings are being ignored.

Yeah, Elon Musk is the Tony Stark of billionaires. If Tony Stark was an incompetent retard with autism spectrum disorder, that is.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I literally do not understand BlutoSay's fiery anger at burning off the leaches who don't do enough in a capitalist system. With "doing enough" being some vague definition of sacrificing all your happiness for your employer. It is a disgusting thought to me.

Literally, if you thought capitalism was the most perfect and most efficient system to ever exist, it would argue for govenrment handouts to give poor people to buy Capitalisms's products because a welfare state increases its market base. It is just the government, whose currency the capitalists use, giving money to people to spend on their vertically and horizontally aligned monopolies. Why wouldn't you support EBT?

Well I'm not you. I have opinions. You have opinions.

But first and foremost, I don't live a life of jealousy like you do. If a person is playing by the rules and profits, then I don't care how much they have or make. That's where we differ. I don't believe it's a zero sum game. You do. And don't give me some cock and bull story about how you're some financial advisor to the rich and therefore you know better than everyone else. You aren't. You're an internet personality like everyone else.

Capitalism is the most efficient system to ever exist when compared with all the other alternatives. That's just a fact. OTOH, people like you are uncomfortable with competition and even playing fields. You want guaranteed outcomes that are spread across the masses equally regardless of effort put in. Sorry, that's bullshit.

I certainly DO support EBT. What I don't support is people like you and the leftists here defining half the god damn population as "poor" and then working to redistribute the income of half the country to the other half, and that's EXACTLY what you strive for. And after that, you move the goal posts to more than half, to the point where very few are actually pushing the cart. Most are inside the cart and you keep giving me their BS plight.

BTW, those climate change activists, government silly servants, "lifetime students" and workers serving the "goodness of man", they aren't actually philanthropic and egalitarian. They're raking in the bucks also for THEMSELVES. Follow the money. You know it, I know it. EVERYONE works in their own pocket.

I'm pretty easy to understand, actually. I tell it like it is. I'm not here to change my views depending on if it's R or D. And if you're under some misapprehension as to what drives me, I get great joy in pointing out that everything that democrats accuse republicans of, democrats are actually the ones doing the dirty.

Are we clear now?
Fasces wrote:Twitter is relevant because it is a useful platform for press releases by important folks.

Getting rid of the blue checkmark makes it less reliable.

Breaking two factor authentication makes it less reliable.

Breaking existing architecture and not being up to date on the latest and best cybersecurity practices (expensive without a return in ofitself) makes it less reliable. The only thing worse that a fake Biden account declaring war is if the real Biden account gets hacked and does.

Firing all your best security and dev guys on day one because they "write less code" makes it less reliable.

Elon Musk is killing Twitter in real time. He's made four huge mistakes in as many weeks. If the corpos and politicians go, so does any path to profitability.

Well then the market will speak and tip it over. Let's see what happens.

Were you this upset when AOC drove Amazon out of her NYC district and waved off 25,000 jobs for her district?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

@Godstud What is going to change? I thought t[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]

Seeing that this place is filled to the brim with […]