Roe V. Wade to be Overturned - Page 54 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Tainari88 wrote:Yes, and they know that being born Black in the racist fucked society that keeps telling them how inferior they are, how dumb and animal like they are, how they will never amount to anything, how they are criminals, ignorant, and servant and slave class for all time, how they are born to be in jail, how they are untrustworthy, lazy, good-for-nothings and so on? Yes, Scampy you racist asshole, I can understand how a black woman that is pregnant with a husband, boyfriend, lover is in jail and she can't find a job, and is on crack to forget the fucked up messages people like send to the Black community all day--might decide--do I want some child of mine to live through all that terrible shit? The answer is no, I don't.

How do I know this? I read my older son's social worker's file. His mother internalized all that racism. She believed all the fucking lies you racist people spew all day. And she took it out on her only child that had a black father and a black mother. The other two had different fathers who were not Black. So the target for her self hatred was my son. An innocent kid. Who did not know that the world is full of assholes like you spewing shit about Black men and black criminals and who sit on their ass all day spewing that filth waiting for the Blacks to believe all that bullshit you believe.

You have done enough damage with your racist bullshit. When your nation is burning to the ground by the opposition to your lies and bullshit and your dreams of a 1950s America is gone forever. You should realize that the Blacks have guns too. They can hate too and they can go after your racist ass as well.

She's fucked in the head. Move on. ^
Tainari88 wrote:Yes, and they know that being born Black in the racist fucked society that keeps telling them how inferior they are, how dumb and animal like they are, how they will never amount to anything, how they are criminals, ignorant, and servant and slave class for all time, how they are born to be in jail, how they are untrustworthy, lazy, good-for-nothings and so on? Yes, Scampy you racist asshole, I can understand how a black woman that is pregnant with a husband, boyfriend, lover is in jail and she can't find a job, and is on crack to forget the fucked up messages people like send to the Black community all day--might decide--do I want some child of mine to live through all that terrible shit? The answer is no, I don't.

How do I know this? I read my older son's social worker's file. His mother internalized all that racism. She believed all the fucking lies you racist people spew all day. And she took it out on her only child that had a black father and a black mother. The other two had different fathers who were not Black. So the target for her self hatred was my son. An innocent kid. Who did not know that the world is full of assholes like you spewing shit about Black men and black criminals and who sit on their ass all day spewing that filth waiting for the Blacks to believe all that bullshit you believe.

You have done enough damage with your racist bullshit. When your nation is burning to the ground by the opposition to your lies and bullshit and your dreams of a 1950s America is gone forever. You should realize that the Blacks have guns too. They can hate too and they can go after your racist ass as well.

@Tainari88 You are displaying lots of pent up anger. Even hinting at violence. I would honestly suggest you try professional Psychotherapy.
Just trying to be helpful. :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:In about 20 years, a lot more poor people and people of colour will be around.

It seems doubtful they will vote Republican.

This part of why we see what we're seeing. Basically, Republicans are trying to steal the government so that a minority ruling class controls everything. It will help keep the poors, browns, and blacks out among other things.
Last edited by Rancid on 26 Jun 2022 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:Some polls are showing that 59-60% of Americans disapprove of overturning Roe. 41% approve. When you look at only women, it's something like 67% disapprove the decision.

Something like 58% of Americans would like to see a law that makes abortion legal nation wide. Given the way power is distributed in the US. I'd guess that you would need 75-80% of the population for that to happen. In other words, abortion is going to remain illegal in massive swaths of the US for the foreseeable future.

Also, it appears that Americans are still in denial that gay marriage is next. Only 57% believe gay marriage will be limited by the SCOTUS. Yet, the SCOTUS themselves has stated they will go after it, yet people are still in denial (i.e. that number should be way higher than 57% given the court already announced its intentions). Americans have been too comfortable with their rights it seems; taken them for granted which creates this denial. More will be lost. The court has already stated it will go after gay marriage, just being gay in general (like making it ok for states to ban just being gay), and birth control.

This is that phrase that goes something like "They came for my neighbors and did nothing because they weren't going after me.... now they are coming after me when its too late to do something".

America is sliding into shit hole-ism. Good luck Americans. I suggest you work on an exit plan in case things get irreparable.

It all depends on the Congress's composition. I think Democrats should try to legislate now if they are serious about preserving Roe.

It seems a clear majority (around 2/3) supports allowing abortion during the first trimester, which is pretty much what European countries do. So I'd pass a law like those ones, cutting funding for schools and foster care for states refusing to comply, if I were the Democrats. It's a good way to mobilize their base for November.
wat0n wrote:It all depends on the Congress's composition. I think Democrats should try to legislate now if they are serious about preserving Roe.

It seems a clear majority (around 2/3) supports allowing abortion during the first trimester, which is pretty much what European countries do. So I'd pass a law like those ones, cutting funding for schools and foster care for states refusing to comply, if I were the Democrats. It's a good way to mobilize their base for November.

Not gonna happen. Democrats are dickless, and Republicans would find every way to stop it anyway.
wat0n wrote:It all depends on the Congress's composition. I think Democrats should try to legislate now if they are serious about preserving Roe.

Let each state do their own thing and make their own decisions. You don't need to federalize every God damned issue.
Rancid wrote:Not gonna happen. Democrats are dickless, and Republicans would find every way to stop it anyway.

Ok. Then it will still help mobilize their base.

If Democrats don't show they are serious they are going to face trouble. The 1st trimester standard can also get some Republicans to support the law since it has a fair amount of support among Republican voters.

@BlutoSays you don't, but if Democrats really care so much abortion then they better be serious about it.
wat0n wrote:Ok. Then it will still help mobilize their base.

If Democrats don't show they are serious they are going to face trouble. The 1st trimester standard can also get some Republicans to support the law since it has a fair amount of support among Republican voters.

@BlutoSays you don't, but if Democrats really care so much abortion then they better be serious about it.

"So I'd pass a law like those ones, cutting funding for schools and foster care for states refusing to comply, if I were the Democrats."

Maybe republicans should pass a law at the federal level stating the same for ANY state that has sanctuary cities. Would you like that?
BlutoSays wrote:"So I'd pass a law like those ones, cutting funding for schools and foster care for states refusing to comply, if I were the Democrats."

Maybe republicans should pass a law at the federal level stating the same for ANY state that has sanctuary cities. Would you like that?

That would be perfectly constitutional. Arguably more justified, if anything, since immigration is a matter of federal law.

Republicans themselves came up with this alternative when they forced states to set the minimum drinking age at 21+ federally by passing legislation that cut funding for highways by 10% for states in non-compliance during the Reagan administration. This was also ruled constitutional by the SCOTUS at the time. What happened to state rights in this issue? It's fine for abortion and guns but not for drinking? Do you think this SCOTUS would overturn this precedent too? No, it won't.

Rancid wrote:@wat0n BTW, Republicans have no problem with funding being cut for schools.

That's what they say, not what they do.

There's a reason why they don't refuse to take federal funding for Medicaid. Often even their voters don't, and vote in referenda to get federal cash for their healthcare.

Let's see if they are going to be consequent or not.
wat0n wrote:That's what they say, not what they do.

Then they need to shut the fuck up. That said, Texas Education Agency has no problem cutting funds for inner city school and diverting them to charter schools that accept maybe 1% of inner city kids.
Rancid wrote:Then they need to shut the fuck up. That said, Texas Education Agency has no problem cutting funds for inner city school and diverting them to charter schools that accept maybe 1% of inner city kids.

Of course the Republicans need to shut the fuck up. This ruling can actually help the Democrats come November.
BlutoSays wrote:Let each state do their own thing and make their own decisions. You don't need to federalize every God damned issue.

Absolutely, that's why we have the 10th Amendment. This is a classic example of why we have the 10th.
States Rights.
Scamp wrote:
Absolutely, that's why we have the 10th Amendment. This is a classic example of why we have the 10th.
States Rights.

States Rights is code for racism.

Although, in this case, there's more. There is an old, and disgusting, idea that the people god likes do well, and vice versa. These people treat the poor, and esp. Black poor, badly. I doubt most of you are even aware that your thinking comes out of some of the most backwards parts of the South, also the most ignorant...
Scamp wrote:Absolutely, that's why we have the 10th Amendment. This is a classic example of why we have the 10th.
States Rights.

Conditional federal funding does not violate the 10th amendment.

Again, why do you complain? Conservatives were the ones who set up the precedent when they decided to encourage states to set their legal drinking age at 21+.
wat0n wrote:
Conditional federal funding does not violate the 10th amendment.

Again, why do you complain? Conservatives were the ones who set up the precedent when they decided to encourage states to set their legal drinking age at 21+.

Those Republicans were mostly pragmatic moderates. These Republicans are demented radicals..
Rancid wrote:Some polls are showing that 59-60% of Americans disapprove of overturning Roe. 41% approve. When you look at only women, it's something like 67% disapprove the decision.

Something like 58% of Americans would like to see a law that makes abortion legal nation wide. Given the way power is distributed in the US. I'd guess that you would need 75-80% of the population for that to happen. In other words, abortion is going to remain illegal in massive swaths of the US for the foreseeable future.

Also, it appears that Americans are still in denial that gay marriage is next. Only 57% believe gay marriage will be limited by the SCOTUS. Yet, the SCOTUS themselves has stated they will go after it, yet people are still in denial (i.e. that number should be way higher than 57% given the court already announced its intentions). Americans have been too comfortable with their rights it seems; taken them for granted which creates this denial. More will be lost. The court has already stated it will go after gay marriage, just being gay in general (like making it ok for states to ban just being gay), and birth control.

This is that phrase that goes something like "They came for my neighbors and did nothing because they weren't going after me.... now they are coming after me when its too late to do something".

America is sliding into shit hole-ism. Good luck Americans. I suggest you work on an exit plan in case things get irreparable.

Hmmm. WIll you be moving to Canada or Central or South America? I need to know which gateway to send the four-piece Mariachi band to and serenade you on your exit.

wat0n wrote:Conditional federal funding does not violate the 10th amendment.

I'm not complaining at all. That would be you, and other crybaby Dems. :lol:
late wrote:Those Republicans were mostly pragmatic moderates. These Republicans are demented radicals..

Even then, they did limit state rights regarding drinking.

If that was okay, it's okay for Congress to do it for abortion (cut federal funding for schools and foster care), guns (cut federal funding for local law enforcement) and sanctuary cities (also cut federal funding for local law enforcement) among other things.

That would also put the SCOTUS in a bind and divide conservatives to boot. Overturn that precedent and then many states will lower their drinking ages to 18, some may even go beyond that.

@Scamp I'm not really complaining. I actually think the majority ruling has a point in that Roe was acting as a legislator to some extent. The ruling has its own flaws but it's not nearly as bad as some people make it be.

What I wonder is if Democrats will keep whining or use their current majorities to show they are oh so serious about abortion.

Another resource of degenerates who want to watch […]

There are many ways to approach a construction si[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I disagree with this, but I also don't think &quo[…]

The actual argument (that the definition is being[…]