Moscow Has Lost war in Ukraine - The View from China - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The number of one-way air tickets abroad from Moscow reached 70%. GOOD BYE ULUS JUCHI

"when a ship starts to sink, then the rats are leaving (first)" Well I hope when they travel to the free world they make a clear statement against Putin and we don't end up with cherry pickers and enemies within. Let's have them sign for that before letting them in.

late wrote:Our relationship with China is complicated.

i.e. Money is more important than anything else? Fuck that.

It's good to see more corporations looking to move away from China. This will reduce the "complications".
As expansive as China’s military has become, its far off from readily invading Taiwan which is geographically difficult to invade. The strongest bet China would have would be a naval blockade. There is also the possibility that China uses Taiwan as a means to stoke nationalism for domestic support. Which doesn’t preclude an attack as they may paint themselves into a corner.
But by taking the threat seriously, it may also work to deter such a possibility as more costly than it already would be in making an attempt on Taiwan.

Its been decades since China has been in a major military conflict and I believe the last one was with Vietnam and they lost. So they have an inexperienced military also. They shout a lot about their power to scare westerners but I don’t believe the Taiwanese fret as much. They don’t seem as susceptible to shock moves analogous to Nk always threatening to lush the button to bring negotiations to gain benefit to appease them.
Last edited by Wellsy on 24 May 2022 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:i.e. Money is more important than anything else? Fuck that.

It's good to see more corporations looking to move away from China. This will reduce the "complications".

The USA elite are married to cheap Chinese goods and labor. They will do anything for it. That is why the USA is in such terrible shape in the government sector. A bunch of plutocrats who love Chinese shit are in control.
Rancid wrote:
i.e. Money is more important than anything else? Fuck that.

Complicated also means more than money.

Like I said, China got the message, so no worries.
late wrote:Complicated also means more than money.

Like I said, China got the message, so no worries.

Late I read your piece about the bleeding out of democracy in the USA. My take on all that is the unincoporated territories' lack of voting rights and lack of democratic rights paved the way and a legal plan for denying a lot of Democratic voters rights in the USA system long ago. The fight for equality in the 1960s with the Civil Rights Movement was a great deterrent of backsliding. But if you allow all of us to not vote because of racist codes from 1901 and so on? And it is never struck down? Because the congress wants to rule over land and people it has no right to rule over? It will bleed into the general fabric of the democracy over time. And that is the case for the USA. Now it is in bad shape.

I used to get angry at people in the USA. They simply did not KNOW a damn thing about any of these outlying territories and possessions and the lack of voting rights in them. It is deliberate. The government did not want a spotlight on their glaring violations of voting rights. But? Too little and too late now. It is nearly all gone. If action is not taken? Minority rule will be the established facts of US governments.
Tainari88 wrote:
Late I read your piece about the bleeding out of democracy in the USA. My take on all that is the unincoporated territories' lack of voting rights and lack of democratic rights paved the way and a legal plan for denying a lot of Democratic voters rights in the USA system long ago. The fight for equality in the 1960s with the Civil Rights Movement was a great deterrent of backsliding. But if you allow all of us to not vote because of racist codes from 1901 and so on? And it is never struck down? Because the congress wants to rule over land and people it has no right to rule over? It will bleed into the general fabric of the democracy over time. And that is the case for the USA. Now it is in bad shape.

I used to get angry at people in the USA. They simply did not KNOW a damn thing about any of these outlying territories and possessions and the lack of voting rights in them. It is deliberate. The government did not want a spotlight on their glaring violations of voting rights. But? Too little and too late now. It is nearly all gone. If action is not taken? Minority rule will be the established facts of US governments.

We have had a slow, agonising attempt to live up to the ideals of the Founding Fathers.

If Republicans aren't able to kill democracy, it's my hope that we will one day end the racism than blocks the unincorporated from participatory government.
Going to war would be more complicated in China than in Russia. In Russia it was up to Putin basically, whereas in China Xi should have the consent of the Politburo as well. They wouldn't just take orders from him as they do from Putin in Russia, he hasn't been in power for long enough for that and I also wonder if he's charismatic enough to ever be able to eliminate collective leadership anyway, although he's a dominant figure nonetheless. However, I wouldn't think Xi would prefer a military solution in case of Taiwan, and Ukraine's example must be deterring him and his comrades even more from it.
Beren wrote:Going to war would be more complicated in China than in Russia. In Russia it was up to Putin basically, whereas in China Xi should have the consent of the Politburo as well. They wouldn't just take orders from him as they do from Putin in Russia, he hasn't been in power for long enough for that and I also wonder if he's charismatic enough to ever be able to eliminate collective leadership anyway, although he's a dominant figure nonetheless. However, I wouldn't think Xi would prefer a military solution in case of Taiwan, and Ukraine's example must be deterring him and his comrades even more from it.

There is speculation whether Xi will receive as strong a mandate at this years party congress in November due to the boldness of his affiliation with Russia after Ukraine and that there might be some pushback that gets him back in line.
Wellsy wrote:There is speculation whether Xi will receive as strong a mandate at this years party congress in November due to the boldness of his affiliation with Russia after Ukraine and that there might be some pushback that gets him back in line.

His Covid zero tolerance policy is also controversial and he allegedly has brain aneurysm either. As far as I know the issue is if he can assure his positions only for the next term or beyond as well.
late wrote:We have had a slow, agonising attempt to live up to the ideals of the Founding Fathers.

If Republicans aren't able to kill democracy, it's my hope that we will one day end the racism than blocks the unincorporated from participatory government.

My hope is liberation. For everyone. I don't want to be integrated into the big morass of American fake democracy Late. I think the best thing is to let all the islands get some independence and be supported in their path.

I am tired of the ignorant dumb stuff with no sense of what is going on in their own nation's policies. it is so tiring and so horrifically difficult. I just want it to end. It is not working. I don't want it to get so so bad. That violence is the only way things wind up getting resolved. it is not a good mode of dealing with problems that have been covered ad nauseum and the government of the USA just keeps on being unjust.

But? One has to realize that Ukraine is in a battle for its real freedoms and real democratic aspirations. It is going to be a very important battle they will have. The right to make their own decisions for their own people Late.

Something that Puerto Rico has not been able to do. Just let us go. If you integrate us? I don't want to become what the Hawaiian natives have become. Minorities in their own land. Losing their culture, their language, and their history. And no one cares. Just a bunch of unknown people in a big morass of a nation that doesn't care and never cared. I frankly think the best thing is to allow the fine people of Puerto Rico to have to be responsible for their own society. Not become afterthoughts in a nation that has troubles with racism. It is not worth it.

I think the USA is going to wait for the violence of the worst kind to pay attention to these territories.

@Tainari88

I talk to a lot of Puerto Ricans and they are very pro-American. One Puerto Rican I met says those Puerto Ricans who are anti-American like you @Tainari88 are from the upper class and want to take control of Puerto Rico so that you can go back to robbing and stealing from Puerto Rico as they did before. It's not because they are patriots of Puerto Rico. It's because they want to control Puerto Rico and enrich themselves at the expense of their own people. The U.S. gets in the way of them being able to do that.

That's what one of them said. I believe him too. Plus, Puerto Ricans who live in Puerto Rico, do not pay federal taxes as we do here in the U.S. Hence, why they do not get as many federal benefits. However, when they move to the continental U.S. and pay federal taxes, they get the same benefits as those other Americans who do the same.
@Politics_Observer, although I agree with your points, @Tainari88 does have a point though, even though Puerto Ricans may not pay federal taxes it is also true that there are some federal laws harming its economy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_ ... uerto_Rico

So even though I'm among the first ones to push against her stuff, she has an axe to grind and it's not for no reason. Even more so since Puerto Ricans are US citizens.
@wat0n

I talk to a lot of Puerto Ricans and they are not ant-American like she is. She just whines a lot. She needs to stop bitching all the time to us, who can do nothing about it, and go and talk to the U.S. Congress about having representatives in Congress. The Republicans don't want it because they know that Puerto Ricans will vote Democrat. But I think Puerto Ricans can get representation in Congress if they fight hard for representation in Congress.

I have no qualms with giving Puerto Rico statehood. Again, it's these Republicans who don't want it because they are afraid Puerto Ricans will vote Democrat, which they probably will. But they still have a right to be represented in Congress. But I can't do anything about it. I am not a member of Congress. Constantly whining about it over and over and over again just gets on people's nerves. And we are proud Americans here. She needs to respect that. Otherwise, Americans will just hate her and dismiss her.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Tainari88

I talk to a lot of Puerto Ricans and they are very pro-American. One Puerto Rican I met says those Puerto Ricans who are anti-American like you @Tainari88 are from the upper class and want to take control of Puerto Rico so that you can go back to robbing and stealing from Puerto Rico as they did before. It's not because they are patriots of Puerto Rico. It's because they want to control Puerto Rico and enrich themselves at the expense of their own people. The U.S. gets in the way of them being able to do that.

That's what one of them said. I believe him too. Plus, Puerto Ricans who live in Puerto Rico, do not pay federal taxes as we do here in the U.S. Hence, why they do not get as many federal benefits. However, when they move to the continental U.S. and pay federal taxes, they get the same benefits as those other Americans who do the same.

Doesn't it seem strange to you that you have to move out from the island to be treated equally? They did that with Native Americans. Move them out of their land so that they lose the connection to it. To be absorbed into the society that is 330 million and not 3 million. Why? Does that occur to you?

You are a military guy and a Georgian. I am not from the upper crust. The Americans went in there to rob and steal. If they were not interested in that they would have given us equal rights to run the island. Again, there was no statehood party until 1968. If you study why? The Washington DC crowd was afraid of losing control of the island like they did to Castro in the Cuban situation. We are just pawns in some war that the USA wants to win. To be the last nation standing. But if you allow YOUR ELITES to dictate everything and you believe their BULLSHIT and don't do something about it?

Your US citizens won't be voting in any effective way ever again.

You are being incredibly unfair to think for a moment that somehow the Puerto Ricans can't run their own country. Not without the USA. That is what all Empires think Politics. And the history of colonialism doesn't dole out justice. You want independence and freedom for your own nation don't you? Why can't you see that other nations want the same thing?

Because we are Puerto Ricans? You want us to be a state? Lol. You don't even have a USA that agrees about South of the Border Mexican invasions. You are incredibly intolerant group of people with fake shit. Get your act together and start fighting off the Trump people. Because they see us as foreign and they don't want statehood for us. For sure. We could vote and that is problematic with the crowd of fools who think that just leave your nation and your land and you have rights.

How would you feel Politics if they told you that? Leave Georgia, sell off your home, and go and live in a land that you are not familiar with...do that? And you might have some rights? That is not democracy.

It is called colonialism.

Accept that fact. Face the facts. It is not just. It never has been.

I come from poor as hell people. The rich ones he speaks of? Lol. Who are they? AOC? Nydia Velazquez? All of the ones who can vote in the House of Representatives are of Puerto Rican heritage all of them. ARE PRO-INDEPENDENCE. Not one of them is pro-statehood. WHY?

As for your friends. He never showed up for debate. You would be surprised how many Puerto Ricans have no idea about their own history. Kept in the dark because they got to go get shot and die for an Empire that won't let them vote in their own land. Won't let them vote for the president and a congress who sends them to die for the United States. Yet you call yourself a democracy? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Also Politics, the statehood party is called El Partido Nuevo Progresista. Their top representative on the island was little Ricky Rossello. Who was he? The most CORRUPT buffoon of them all. He was ousted and more than one million Puerto Ricans rioted in San Juan asking for his departure. The one that your Puerto Rican buddies say what? Represents them? The Corrupt King of the Entire Statehood Party. Not one PIP (Partido Independentista Puertorriqueno) ever was arrested or forced out of the senate or the congress of Puerto Rico. Not ONE OF US. The whole corruption charge comes from the Puerto Ricans who run around trying to make money by obeying the Massa out in the Plantation House. People who are fighting the problems of corruption on the island, with a lack of vision for making an independent nation (let us face it, people who want statehood but are corrupt and never serve the Puerto Rican people and instead are corrupt and steal in the name of becoming a state won't be convincing anyone, not Washington DC and not the Ricans at home either), but? They are the ones that represent your friends' points of view. But the independence crowd is growing. Not shrinking. I wonder why? Because the US government is not fixing what is wrong. They want our loyalty, our men's blood in battle, our land, and our labor, but they don't want us to have power. How nice is that? It is not nice Politics. It is about again colonialism. The PIPIOLOS are never the ones who are never thrown in the slammer or forced to resign for corruption. Clean as the new-fallen snow we are. The statehooders are not though...

But you don't know that because your claim to knowledge about Puerto Rico is based on some Puerto Rican military men who tell you shit and you believe it and don't study the actual history of the place in question.

I don't want to fight with you Politics. I like you. I always have. You are a good man. And a good person. But I won't ever want what you want guy. I had a different life. And I accept that I will always have a separate opinion.

Good night.
Last edited by Tainari88 on 27 May 2022 04:30, edited 2 times in total.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]