Gunman kills 19 children in Texas school shooting - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

wat0n wrote:If only that was true, maybe schools would be a lot safer if so.

School is only part of a child's education.

With no community to provide the rest, the result is a very dysfunctional childhood that no one on earth would be jealous of.
So the answer lies in the children.

Consider the second amendment. It was formulated by people who had just fought the War of Independence. It was possible to join the Continental Army by claiming to be 15 years old. So that is the "well ordered militia" that the founders knew.

So we enlist the aid of high school students to patrol their own schools. We form the boys of the age 14-16 into school militias (women are not traditionally soldiers so they will be excluded, and the SCOTUS will agree with keeping them out.) This school militia force will carry their assault weapons in class and wear body armor. In the event of a shooting they can instantly leap into action and thwart the bad guys/gals. No need for the cops. and what young man does not fantasize about saving the day in front of the girls? This lets them save the day in front of all of the girls.

My plan is foolproof. I want to call it the "Lee Way".
Give the teachers sidearms. It will improve discipline and provide safety from school shooters(that aren't teachers).

Teacher: "Bobby, if you don't stop talking in class I am going to have to shoot you." <teacher points pistol at Bobby>
If you’ve got guns in bakery’s you’re a pretty militarized society. Teaching older kids shooter survival tactics is just scouts on steroids.
Uh-hu. :eh:

So nobody here actually talks about the horrible things that happen after the shooting ?

Like the police caught lying (the teacher didnt leave the door open, they never needed to unlock the door, etc), the police not cooperating with the investigation, the politicians trying to seal away all information for 75 years, the police harrassing people who contradict their stories, etc, etc, etc ?

Instead you discuss stuff like arming teachers. :eh:

Have fun with that, I guess.
Negotiator wrote:Uh-hu. :eh:

So nobody here actually talks about the horrible things that happen after the shooting ?

Like the police caught lying (the teacher didnt leave the door open, they never needed to unlock the door, etc), the police not cooperating with the investigation, the politicians trying to seal away all information for 75 years, the police harrassing people who contradict their stories, etc, etc, etc ?

Instead you discuss stuff like arming teachers. :eh:

Have fun with that, I guess.

God no, didn’t we go over the police response earlier? It was abysmal and they’re protecting one another like they always do.
Negotiator wrote:Instead you discuss stuff like arming teachers. :eh:
It's sarcasm. We know nothing will be done, as usual.

The solution is gun control, but Americans are too addicted to their penis-sleeve guns.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The USA is not getting gun control.

Nor is it going to address root causes of mass violence.

Instead, the status quo will continue, and we will continue to see news stories of mass shootings of children.

When Empires begin to decline, they usually accelarate their decline by refusing to change.

I think this is no exception.

The violence that is implicit in the American commercial lifestyle will be fatal to the USA, if not the entire world.

In 1790, a headline like "Gunman kills 19 First Nations children" would be rejected for being too uneventful and ordinary.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]