January 6 Hearings LIVE - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Capitol riot panel: Trump to blame for 1/6 'attempted coup'

https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-capito ... ea164db20f

U.S. Capitol riot hearing shows Trump allies, daughter rejected fraud claims

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 022-06-09/

“Look, I’ve answered that many times,” McCarthy responded. “I thought everybody in the country [bore] some responsibility based on what has been going on — the riots in the streets, the others." (He has made similar claims in the past.)

[...]

McCarthy’s comment was an apparent reference to the protests that gripped the country following the police killings of Black Americans in several cities in 2020. The violence that occurred in those demonstrations has provided Republicans with a line of argument to suggest that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was simply part of a larger pattern.

https://news.yahoo.com/mc-carthy-says-e ... 09226.html
By Rancid
The power/effect of these kinds of hearings don't work when one side is on the side (Republicans) of toppling the government itself.
Rancid wrote:The power/effect of these kinds of hearings don't work when one side is on the side (Republicans) of toppling the government itself.

Yes, that one side works to censor speech on social media, expand courts until they get their way, threaten judges, and make sure that NO ONE that will ask inconvenient questions challenging the Democraptic Political Committee narrative is going to participate.

Pelosi rejects Jordan, Banks for Jan. 6 committee
by Mike Lillis - 07/21/21 12:29 PM ET, thehill.com

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday rejected two of the Republican picks — Reps. Jim Jordan (Ohio) and Jim Banks (Ind.) — for the Jan. 6 select committee.

Both GOP lawmakers are staunch allies of former President Trump, and both had voted in January against certifying President Biden’s election victory.

In a statement, Pelosi said Democrats in her caucus had raised specific objections to Jordan and Banks “and the impact their appointments may have on the integrity of the investigation.”

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee,” she said.

She did not specify what statements and actions she was referring to.

Jordan and Banks were part of a group of five GOP lawmakers nominated by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to serve on the 13-member select committee. But the language of the resolution gave Pelosi veto power over the Republican selections.

Pelosi said she will accept the other three GOP selections: Reps. Rodney Davis (Ill.), Kelly Armstrong (N.D.) and Troy Nehls (Texas). They would join the eight lawmakers she had previously appointed, including Reps. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the panel’s chairman, and GOP Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Congress’s most prominent Republican critic of Trump.

Pelosi said she spoke with McCarthy Wednesday morning to inform him of her decision, and she requested that he recommend two alternative Republicans to replace Jordan and Banks.

McCarthy has refused. Instead, he’s yanked all of his picks from the panel.

The rejections of Jordan and Banks underscore the lingering animosity surrounding the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, where a violent mob of Trump supporters attempted to block Congress from formalizing the results of the 2020 presidential contest.

Leading up to the attack, a majority of House Republicans had signed on to a lawsuit challenging Biden’s victory, essentially endorsing Trump’s false claims that the election was “stolen,” or tainted by rampant voter fraud. And after the siege, 139 Republicans voted to overturn the results in Arizona, Pennsylvania or both.

Pelosi on Tuesday had said that those votes would not be a factor as she weighed whether to seat McCarthy’s selections on the select committee. Indeed, Nehls, a former sheriff who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, also voted to overturn Biden’s victory in both Arizona and Pennsylvania. Nehls called the Jan. 6 riot “criminal” and “un-American.”

But Jordan, the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, and Banks, the head of the Republican Study Committee, have emerged as some of the most vocal Trump defenders in the wake of the insurrection, infuriating Democrats of all stripes who consider Trump’s allies to be complicit in the attack.

Both Jordan and Banks have said in recent days that they were hoping to use their positions on the select committee to investigate what Pelosi knew about the security threat ahead of the violence.

Here is Pelosi’s full statement:

“The violent domestic attack on Congress on January 6th was the worst assault on the Capitol since the War of 1812 and the worst domestic assault on American Democracy since the Civil War. We are facing a radically new threat in the kinds of forces that combined to attack our government on January 6th. The future of our democracy is on the line. This assault was an attempt to overthrow the government.

“We need a comprehensive investigation as to who organized this attack, who paid for it, how they nearly succeeded in overthrowing a presidential election, why they did it and how we must organize ourselves to prevent anything like it from ever happening again.

“It had been our hope to establish a bipartisan, independent National Commission, but there is no prospect for that Commission at this time because of insufficient support from Republican Senators. Therefore, the House established the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol. The Select Committee on the January 6th Insurrection will investigate and report upon the facts and causes of the terrorist mob attack on the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021. It will also be charged with reporting its findings, conclusions and recommendations for preventing future attacks.

“Monday evening, the Minority Leader recommended 5 Members to serve on the Select Committee. I have spoken with him this morning about the objections raised about Representatives Jim Banks and Jim Jordan and the impact their appointments may have on the integrity of the investigation. I also informed him that I was prepared to appoint Representatives Rodney Davis, Kelly Armstrong and Troy Nehls, and requested that he recommend two other Members.

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee.

“The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5641 ... committee/

First, while the hearing added to the overwhelming evidence that Trump has sought to carry out a coup, install himself as dictator and overthrow the Constitution, the main elements of the narrative presented Thursday night were known on, and even before, January 6.

The questions that inevitably follow are: Why has it taken 18 months for the hearing to be held? And why, if Trump engaged in “an attempted coup,” has he not been arrested?

Left out of the account of the events leading up to and on January 6 was any reference to the virtual stand-down of the Capitol Police, the involvement of factions of the military and intelligence apparatus, the role of the entire leadership of the Republican Party in legitimizing Trump’s lies, and the fact that two-thirds of House Republicans voted not to certify the Electoral College results, even after the Capitol had been cleared and the congressional joint session had been resumed.

On September 24, 2020, the WSWS wrote: “The United States presidential campaign is being transformed into a coup d’état by Donald Trump, who has declared that he will not accept the results of any vote that goes against him.”

The statement added: “Trump is not running an election campaign. He is setting into motion a plot to establish a presidential dictatorship.”

The response of the Democratic Party, prior to, during and after the coup, has been determined by the fact that it is far more terrified of exposing the conspiracies to overturn the Constitution than the conspiracies themselves. Its perpetual fear is that any exposure of the rot of American democracy will encourage opposition from below.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/0 ... q-j10.html
BlutoSays wrote:Yes, that one side works to censor speech on social media, expand courts until they get their way, threaten judges, and make sure that NO ONE that will ask inconvenient questions challenging the Democraptic Political Committee narrative is going to participate.

Pelosi rejects Jordan, Banks for Jan. 6 committee
by Mike Lillis - 07/21/21 12:29 PM ET, thehill.com

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday rejected two of the Republican picks — Reps. Jim Jordan (Ohio) and Jim Banks (Ind.) — for the Jan. 6 select committee.

Both GOP lawmakers are staunch allies of former President Trump, and both had voted in January against certifying President Biden’s election victory.

In a statement, Pelosi said Democrats in her caucus had raised specific objections to Jordan and Banks “and the impact their appointments may have on the integrity of the investigation.”

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee,” she said.

She did not specify what statements and actions she was referring to.

Jordan and Banks were part of a group of five GOP lawmakers nominated by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to serve on the 13-member select committee. But the language of the resolution gave Pelosi veto power over the Republican selections.

Pelosi said she will accept the other three GOP selections: Reps. Rodney Davis (Ill.), Kelly Armstrong (N.D.) and Troy Nehls (Texas). They would join the eight lawmakers she had previously appointed, including Reps. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the panel’s chairman, and GOP Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Congress’s most prominent Republican critic of Trump.

Pelosi said she spoke with McCarthy Wednesday morning to inform him of her decision, and she requested that he recommend two alternative Republicans to replace Jordan and Banks.

McCarthy has refused. Instead, he’s yanked all of his picks from the panel.

The rejections of Jordan and Banks underscore the lingering animosity surrounding the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, where a violent mob of Trump supporters attempted to block Congress from formalizing the results of the 2020 presidential contest.

Leading up to the attack, a majority of House Republicans had signed on to a lawsuit challenging Biden’s victory, essentially endorsing Trump’s false claims that the election was “stolen,” or tainted by rampant voter fraud. And after the siege, 139 Republicans voted to overturn the results in Arizona, Pennsylvania or both.

Pelosi on Tuesday had said that those votes would not be a factor as she weighed whether to seat McCarthy’s selections on the select committee. Indeed, Nehls, a former sheriff who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, also voted to overturn Biden’s victory in both Arizona and Pennsylvania. Nehls called the Jan. 6 riot “criminal” and “un-American.”

But Jordan, the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, and Banks, the head of the Republican Study Committee, have emerged as some of the most vocal Trump defenders in the wake of the insurrection, infuriating Democrats of all stripes who consider Trump’s allies to be complicit in the attack.

Both Jordan and Banks have said in recent days that they were hoping to use their positions on the select committee to investigate what Pelosi knew about the security threat ahead of the violence.

Here is Pelosi’s full statement:

“The violent domestic attack on Congress on January 6th was the worst assault on the Capitol since the War of 1812 and the worst domestic assault on American Democracy since the Civil War. We are facing a radically new threat in the kinds of forces that combined to attack our government on January 6th. The future of our democracy is on the line. This assault was an attempt to overthrow the government.

“We need a comprehensive investigation as to who organized this attack, who paid for it, how they nearly succeeded in overthrowing a presidential election, why they did it and how we must organize ourselves to prevent anything like it from ever happening again.

“It had been our hope to establish a bipartisan, independent National Commission, but there is no prospect for that Commission at this time because of insufficient support from Republican Senators. Therefore, the House established the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol. The Select Committee on the January 6th Insurrection will investigate and report upon the facts and causes of the terrorist mob attack on the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021. It will also be charged with reporting its findings, conclusions and recommendations for preventing future attacks.

“Monday evening, the Minority Leader recommended 5 Members to serve on the Select Committee. I have spoken with him this morning about the objections raised about Representatives Jim Banks and Jim Jordan and the impact their appointments may have on the integrity of the investigation. I also informed him that I was prepared to appoint Representatives Rodney Davis, Kelly Armstrong and Troy Nehls, and requested that he recommend two other Members.

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee.

“The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5641 ... committee/

You really are blind.
BlutoSays wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=15232962#p15232962

“Look, I’ve answered that many times,” McCarthy responded. “I thought everybody in the country [bore] some responsibility based on what has been going on — the riots in the streets, the others." (He has made similar claims in the past.)

[...]

McCarthy’s comment was an apparent reference to the protests that gripped the country following the police killings of Black Americans in several cities in 2020. The violence that occurred in those demonstrations has provided Republicans with a line of argument to suggest that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was simply part of a larger pattern.

https://news.yahoo.com/mc-carthy-says-e ... 09226.html
Saeko wrote:I can literally hear Donnie cutting Ivanka out of the will as we speak. :lol:

I have my suspicions about the father-daughter relationship between Donnie and Ivanka. I would not put it past that man to be incesting his favorite daughter. Too many weird comments he has made about her physical beauty and the way he speaks about her and so on. He is not above molestation. I am sure his first wife Ivana did not know about it if it did happen. She was never meek with him like his second and third wives were.

Something about Ivanka's husband that Jared Kushner's brown noser is suspiciously off too. Donnie has a lot of lackey types around him that never contradict a damn thing Donnie says no matter how hair-brained it sounds.

No, I would not be surprised if some tell-all book of Ivanka's comes out after the old man is dead and buried and she cries on TV to Oprah about how Donald Trump made her be his little plaything.
By Rancid
Tainari88 wrote:
I have my suspicions about the father-daughter relationship between Donnie and Ivanka. I would not put it past that man to be incesting his favorite daughter. Too many weird comments he has made about her physical beauty and the way he speaks about her and so on. He is not above molestation. I am sure his first wife Ivana did not know about it if it did happen. She was never meek with him like his second and third wives were.

Something about Ivanka's husband that Jared Kushner's brown noser is suspiciously off too. Donnie has a lot of lackey types around him that never contradict a damn thing Donnie says no matter how hair-brained it sounds.

No, I would not be surprised if some tell-all book of Ivanka's comes out after the old man is dead and buried and she cries on TV to Oprah about how Donald Trump made her be his little plaything.

Trump needs to be in prision. Even better if he chokes on a KFC chicken wing and fucking dies.
Rancid wrote:Trump needs to be in prision. Even better if he chokes on a KFC chicken wing and fucking dies.

It is not going to happen Rancid. I am afraid that Donald has so many people who are dirty lying people who in order to save their own asses and be in power like your favorite Senator from Texas Lyin' Ted Cruz, are going to back him and say, 'executive privilege' and we must think of what is best for the country and the reputation of the US of A. Save the besmirched honor of our great old fucking Republican dirty dirtnap party. Asi es....

Ave Maria, I am so glad I left when I did. The USA can't get out of gridlock. And all those voting suppression laws are going to have an effect. Stacked Supreme Court and a Senate run by McConnell asshole viejo....phew...stinkbomb political scene.

Biden is not ideal but at least i don't have to hear that Donald voice. I just felt like vomiting if I heard that man's tone of voice every single day. Four years was enough.
Summary from this day's hearing:

Trump lied about the election being stolen. He knew his claims were full of shit and propagated the lie anyway. Also he grifted his supporters for their cash (he said donations were for an "election legal defense fund" which didn't exist) which may be an instance of mail fraud.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]