Juneteenth made an official holiday in the US: What is your opinion on the matter? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Scamp wrote:Just curious. Are you American? Are you or your boyfriend black?
Serious question.

@Rancid these are the people who are going to be loving diversity, equality, and the American way?

Juneteenth is a fine holiday celebrating an African American tradition of the liberation of the African American people from bondage and slavery. A fine thing to celebrate! Plus you need more holidays for Scampy man to be able to realize he has to live with the Black people, the Asian people, the Native American people, the Latino people, the immigrants with less than perfect English, the Catholics, the Jews, the Dominican American straight engineers like Rancid, and the rest of the riff-raff he would like to send off to concentration camps in the USA. Unfortunately, he needs to be a lot more disciplined in his fascist mind in order to accomplish the kind of the USA he wants to have. You got a long way to go......Scampy.

Keep up the dumb work you do. It won't help your nation. If you and yours become successful the rise of the Chinese, the Russians, and the ones who never liked the USA in the European Union, will seize the vacuum of power. And then proceed to tear down the USA until it becomes much poorer than Mexico is right now....and the Gringos with racism and fleeing the hatred of Black Panther politically motivated violence people, will chase you out of your home states and where will you go? Somewhere down south...very very south, looking for water, food, and shelter. Like those failed ass confederates did going to Brazil. They eventually had to accept Brazil abolished slavery and Brazil has a large percentage of interracial marriages. Fleeing the idea of integration and they wound up in a nation that had miscegenation worse than the Union of the USA had.

Irony? Running from change. Running on empty shitty values that can't conquer the wheels of history and time....

Oh my! :lol: :lol:

Small vanishing community. Oh my. Well, the reality is that they speak Portuguese and watch soccer games and eventually cheer for Pele and the Brazilian soccer teams. Oh my.....they had to live with the modern Brazilians now. Many of the African descendants of Brazil are mayors of cities, senators, and many others...they suffer racism but the people who live there now say it is about Southern culture. They don't want to back racism. It is not that popular in Brazil.

They gave up on racism. Even while they left trying to find a place where slavery would be preserved for perpetuity.

It did not survive the tides of change and of history. YOU LOST. The Confederacy lost. Accept it and kiss your loss and embrace it. Slavery ended. The North won.

The world moved on. Accept it Scampy!

Last edited by Tainari88 on 24 Jun 2022 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:The South was feudal, and their economics were closer to Mercantilism than Capitalism.

"Mercantilism is an economic philosophy built around exports and trade.

A mercantilist economy tries to increase its wealth by maximizing exports and minimizing imports. This school of thought teaches that there is a limited amount of wealth in the world for which all nations compete against each other. Exports make an economy richer because they bring money into the economy. Imports enrich competitors at the economy's expense."
https://www.thestreet.com/world/what-is ... m-14776819

To a mercantilist, wealth is a zero sum game, to a capitalist, growing wealth is the goal.

The South was all about zero sum games.

The problem is that the East was growing wealthier, they were capitalists, and importing workers. Both shifted political power North.

Capitalism was going to kill off slavery. Despite the savage horror of American slavery, it was inefficient.

The South had this feudal structure, with most of the wealth was concentrated in few hands. Most were poor, depended on hunting and gathering for much of their diet. The early 1800s saw declines in the wild pigs they hunted, the tree nuts they gathered, and the 3rd thing which I can never remember.

There was growing unrest.

So stuck between a miserable, volatile population and a rapid decline in their national political standing, they tried to kill (literally) both birds with one war.

Where is one step in which the South started a war? Did not Jefferson Davis grow upset about Fort Sumter being called the start of war? Wasn't secession 21 January of 1861 and Lincoln is inaugurated 04 march of 1861 and the news of a very small battle was in April 12-13 of 1861 called Fort Sumter which through the newspapers can be manipulated into the mobilization of much larger troop sizes that are actually only are really what we think of as civil war sizes in summer. Technically the previous administration and President Buchanan and President Jefferson Davis make for a closely working Confederacy of States with 2 presidents.

This all states with the mob raids like the posse under John Brown, some other sympathizers and other mobs questioning the justice of that decision, and needing law and order on the basic level.
Mike12 wrote:
Where is one step in which the South started a war? Did not Jefferson Davis grow upset about Fort Sumter being called the start of war? Wasn't secession 21 January of 1861 and Lincoln is inaugurated 04 march of 1861 and the news of a very small battle was in April 12-13 of 1861 called Fort Sumter which through the newspapers can be manipulated into the mobilization of much larger troop sizes that are actually only are really what we think of as civil war sizes in summer. Technically the previous administration and President Buchanan and President Jefferson Davis make for a closely working Confederacy of States with 2 presidents.

This all states with the mob raids like the posse under John Brown, some other sympathizers and other mobs questioning the justice of that decision, and needing law and order on the basic level.

Upset?

Seriously?

You need better excuses, and you don't have them..
Tainari88 wrote:Juneteenth is a fine holiday

Agree. The people like scamp do not understand that such a holiday is an American holiday, marking a significant milestone in American history that is positive for all Americans, not just blacks.... but, scamp has his head too far up his ass to understand something as simple as this.
Tainari88 wrote:@Rancid these are the people who are going to be loving diversity, equality, and the American way?

Juneteenth is a fine holiday celebrating an African American tradition of the liberation of the African American people from bondage and slavery. A fine thing to celebrate! Plus you need more holidays for Scampy man to be able to realize he has to live with the Black people, the Asian people, the Native American people, the Latino people, the immigrants with less than perfect English, the Catholics, the Jews, the Dominican American straight engineers like Rancid, and the rest of the riff-raff he would like to send off to concentration camps in the USA. Unfortunately, he needs to be a lot more disciplined in his fascist mind in order to accomplish the kind of the USA he wants to have. You got a long way to go......Scampy.

Keep up the dumb work you do. It won't help your nation. If you and yours become successful the rise of the Chinese, the Russians, and the ones who never liked the USA in the European Union, will seize the vacuum of power. And then proceed to tear down the USA until it becomes much poorer than Mexico is right now....and the Gringos with racism and fleeing the hatred of Black Panther politically motivated violence people, will chase you out of your home states and where will you go? Somewhere down south...very very south, looking for water, food, and shelter. Like those failed ass confederates did going to Brazil. They eventually had to accept Brazil abolished slavery and Brazil has a large percentage of interracial marriages. Fleeing the idea of integration and they wound up in a nation that had miscegenation worse than the Union of the USA had.

Irony? Running from change. Running on empty shitty values that can't conquer the wheels of history and time....

Oh my! :lol: :lol:

Small vanishing community. Oh my. Well, the reality is that they speak Portuguese and watch soccer games and eventually cheer for Pele and the Brazilian soccer teams. Oh my.....they had to live with the modern Brazilians now. Many of the African descendants of Brazil are mayors of cities, senators, and many others...they suffer racism but the people who live there now say it is about Southern culture. They don't want to back racism. It is not that popular in Brazil.

They gave up on racism. Even while they left trying to find a place where slavery would be preserved for perpetuity.

It did not survive the tides of change and of history. YOU LOST. The Confederacy lost. Accept it and kiss your loss and embrace it. Slavery ended. The North won.

The world moved on. Accept it Scampy!

The technical word "Confederacy" isn't dying off. Is that what we're going for? "Old Confederates". Its technical usage in a British context is increasing still. "Confederacy". Tends to be existing states through adopted treaty are one government or nations make one government. There was the Iriqouis Confederacy of tribes and the New England Confederacy in American history. There was the Swiss Confederacy and the Dutch Republic confederation, close allies. The German Confederation was an 1840's innovation I was reading about. The trend of modern mercantilism grants component part administration and an opposition to Kings and Divine Right. The Union was a technical term. The Personal Union of Scotland and England is due to ELizabeth I bearing no children and naming her heir of the King of Scotland , King James I of England and Scotland. Two Kingdoms have the same King, thats one Union. They had a Political Union in 1702 to combine parliaments/administrations. A wedding Union is performed by a priest in which they are told they are together but they may be Confederate in that they are related. The authority of our Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the Union should rest with its signatories and the prestige of their institutional signature, that being as representatives of the investing States and signatories of the States. Whatever idiot is in Brazil shouldn't interest anybody. Is a Federal Government in a rightful wrestling position with other branches of Governments, it is a 3 branch Government still today until any of you let totalitarianism in, the Judicial and the Congress, with an Executive. You could and should be a patriot of the Conrgressional, that often arises.
Is the Federal end of Government in an infallible over-estimation just because of a previous failure, don't you think? It will of course happen again that , there is a theory stated, that the native peoples of each of those nations in the Roman Empire, that's still be uninterrupted the Spanish, French, Gaul, are in the interrupted Roman Empire in its fall, the Roman Empire may have ended and Civilization with it, for 200 years of barbarian kingdoms and looting and invasion, and those native peoples taht always make up the Roman Empire are responsible to safeguard and cast off outside invasion as the Roman leadership exits or allow the tribal barbarians from eastern europe destroy every mark of civilization in the 450 ad in Spain or France. They like to claim the federal army was always stuffed hundreds of thousands of Irish, Germans, and mercenary. The prestige of the Federal government just narrowly asks if we celebrate every time the foreigner beds a white woman and raises a baby, its Barack Obama. And he left. And the foreigner of no connection came in and made a baby and thats the President.
Scamp wrote:Juneteenth is a replacement for Fathers Day for that particular community. Fathers Day has always been mass pandemonium in the ghettos and big cities. ;)

The majority of the people on welfare and food stamps in the USA are from places like West Virginia and states like the South. They lost the war and they never were able to get back to some kind of prosperity.

White and poverty-stricken the only thing they had to fall back on was their whiteness. It is sad....scene from the Great Debaters.

All those poor white redneck kids and self proclaimed hillbillies with absentee dads and drug addict pill popping white women with nothing to fall back on but whiteness....oh my....He overcame. All those white kids on welfare without fathers and druggy mothers....white as the driven snow but they need you Scampy. They need you to tell them.....the ignorant white trash need help too....! :lol: :lol:

You got to start dealing with change Scampy. The whites that are poor and the blacks are poor. They don't have access to a great education. They don't have money to pay for something better. They struggle and get paid lousy wages. They have a lot in common. Instead of seeing their common thread of struggles and banding together and dealing with the elite and the privileged they do what? Divide among each other, fight and bicker, tear down the union and leave the door open for the Middle Kingdom to take over (the PRC). Why?

Scampy you can't let go of the past.
Tainari88 wrote:The majority of the people on welfare and food stamps in the USA are from places like West Virginia and states like the South. They lost the war and they never were able to get back to some kind of prosperity.

White and poverty-stricken the only thing they had to fall back on was their whiteness. It is sad....scene from the Great Debaters.

All those poor white redneck kids and self proclaimed hillbillies with absentee dads and drug addict pill popping white women with nothing to fall back on but whiteness....oh my....He overcame. All those white kids on welfare without fathers and druggy mothers....white as the driven snow but they need you Scampy. They need you to tell them.....the ignorant white trash need help too....! :lol: :lol:

You got to start dealing with change Scampy. The whites that are poor and the blacks are poor. They don't have access to a great education. They don't have money to pay for something better. They struggle and get paid lousy wages. They have a lot in common. Instead of seeing their common thread of struggles and banding together and dealing with the elite and the privileged they do what? Divide among each other, fight and bicker, tear down the union and leave the door open for the Middle Kingdom to take over (the PRC). Why?

Right. The person from Puerto Rico who lives in Mexico wants to lecture me about poor people in America.
:lol:
Scamp wrote:Juneteenth is a replacement for Fathers Day for that particular community. Fathers Day has always been mass pandemonium in the ghettos and big cities. ;)

What do you propose be done with that "particular community".

Do you have a solution? Maybe a final solution?
Alabama's flag is flown as a John Knox flag, is often flown with the Confederate Flag. I have developed several leads on this. Entirely skipping it as a history with General Thomas Stonewall Jackson, they have a point with this. Of course the constellations of stars on the very patriotic US flag is noted by Jefferson Davis. Thats many stars on the Dixie flag is the States that join the Union. Its a development of "Bonnie Blue Flag" being a Scottish flag. The Blue flag of Scotland has a saltire and claim to the word "bonnie" in Scotland. They often have in fact the phrase "Bonnie Scotland" or popular music in the 1600-1900 timeperiod most obviously "Loch Lomond". George Cohan's 1900 lampoons the "Grand Old Flag" in fact the very popular missionary tune in Korea is "Auld Lang Syne" and is quoted in the "Grand Old Flag" "If Auld Acquaintance be Forgot". The "Solemn League and Covenant" is a guarante too the Reformed Church in the Kingdoms in England/Scotland/Ireland in which only two of those 3 Churches are still appearing to be existant namely the Scottish and North-Irish Churches that is Reformed/Calvinist/Presbyterian though Puritan Pilgrims, Puritanism, and Presbyterianism, is subject to a lot of bickering. Most notably I think was a discovery on the turn on phrace on John Brown's Body. At a flag-raising ceremony at Fort Warren, near Boston, on Sunday May 12, 1861, the "John Brown" song was publicly played "perhaps for the first time".[12] The American Civil War had begun the previous month. "The Stars coming out over John Brown" the martyr, not John Knox, Neither Stonewall Jackson who marks the first usage of the official COnfederate flag as "A Saint ant Martyr" and "one of many bright stars". That may make this all derivative works of the "John Brown's Body" song line.
Igor Antunov wrote:It is fitting Roe vs Wade was overturned this month. Millions more african americans will get to be born. A truly diverse usa is at hand.

I never understood why Democrats were OK with murdering millions of unborn Black babies. That's a good percentage of their voting base. Can someone explain that to me?
Last edited by Scamp on 24 Jun 2022 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Scamp wrote:Right. The person from Puerto Rico who lives in Mexico wants to lecture me about poor people in America.
:lol:

Yes, I am a Puerto Rican living in Mexico and came from poor people who were living in America. Lol.

Yes, they were poor rural country folk (my grandparents) who went to work in NYC in some factory and in bar and grills on Wall Street. They sent their children (one of them my mother), who studied in racist schools in New York state. Because the North was no great bed of roses free of racism. She got spit on and reviled and my granny's house got bricks thrown through the windows and threatened to be burned out of her house that she saved for with a lot of long weeks working for a factory in NYC. She was threatened because she rented to Black Puerto Ricans on the second floor. My mother went to James Munroe High School and graduated despite the spitting and the racist horror, the top of her class. She went to nursing school Scampy. Fordham University where the director hated Puerto Ricans and told her she could study as much as she wanted to but being a cockaroach Puerto Rican won't ever graduate. My mother switched exams with an Irish girl who agreed to catch that racist bitch in action. And she was caught. But in the 1950s it was legal to fail someone in a class because you were racist. That is why the Civil Rights Movement came into play Scampy. They thought that unfair. How can you fail a straight A student because you thought they were the wrong race?

So my mother went back to Puerto Rico. Graduated there top of her class again. Thought about becoming a senator. She went for a doctorate in education and also a master's. She again was a straight A student. She became incredibly inerested in human rights for all people. All over the world. BTW Scampy, she was offered a free post graduate education in California. Where again she was the top of her class. She died and got UN Human Rights award. She got a American Red Cross award, a NAACP award and did work with the Smithosanian Institute and many others. Just some poor Puerto Rican from the poorest of the poor. She did not pop pills, become a drunk, or be some moaning groaner. She did not speak English only and be an asshole like you are. Lol. No, she overcame. All the racism, fascism and stupidity that the US racists are full of. But now it is up to the US people who believe in all those bullshit versions of US history to deal with your type of racist fools. Once and for all.

Did the hillbilly assholes ever make it like she did? They should have done better. They were white in America. They had the same poverty and obstacles my mother did. Why could they not overcome? Wasn't being white supposed to mean you are smarter, better, more capable? It is sad to accept that despite being white the system fucks them up really badly. And despite some people being Black or Puerto Rican or Mexican or Dominican like Rancid there? They still do well and better than the drug addict hillbillies whom you don't acknowledge got the same problems as the poor blacks in the South and the North too.

But your perspective is dumb. I am sorry to say it lacks depth. You will always be an ignorant fascist. :lol: :lol:

You keep going. The racists won't win a second war...in the USA. They just will be pariahs again and need to go and found their own nation in some place in the deep South (South America) and good luck on finding a nation in South America who doesn't have Socialists, Communists, and Anti-Racists Indians, Blacks or Liberals running them. They will wind up like the Confederate Brazilians. Keeping some antebellum costumes and whistling Dixie but not speaking English. Haha. :lol: :lol: :D
Scamp wrote:@Rancid, what do you propose?

Investment in these communities.

The single biggest thing you can do to drive down crime rates is invest in education (proven true in basically every nation on earth). Also investment in support systems like after school care/learning programs. Currently, we are doing the exact opposite to this "particular community" and other under privilege communities. We continue to divest, which makes these problems worse, then use that as the excuse to divest even more, making it even worse. Basically a downward spiral that we accelerate every time we write off this "particular community" as a lost cause.

The issue of behaviors as you might put it, would resolve itself when we foster an environment of learning & investment in communities. Especially in this "particular community".

Also, no surprised you are all complaints and no solutions.
Scamp wrote:I never understood why Democrats were OK with murdering millions of unborn Black babies. That's a good percentage their voting base. Can someone explain that to me?

Can someone explain to me why you want the babies to be born but not feed or educate them and get them to be stable and happy kids? Save the babies but hate on the black mothers and fathers and families who wind up raising them?

Why don't you adopt one of them Scampy. Adopt one of the 500,000 kids (especially black male kids in social services that are 8 years old and above). You know the ones who have parents in jail for murder for life and the mother addicted to crack and drugs. Adopt the kid cycled through 6 foster homes because he is angry and disobedient and no one wants to deal with his bad attitude in life?

Put your money where your mouth is. Oh? You don't care about those kids?

Why? They are black and born to lose? Why don't you shut up with your ignorant self and just celebrate Juneteenth?

Eat some red velvet cake, fried chicken and cole slaw and whistle dixie. That at least doesn't cost you anything eh?

Love Juneteenth! :D :lol:
Tainari88 wrote:Yes, I am a Puerto Rican living in Mexico and came from poor people who were living in America. Lol.

Yes, they were poor rural country folk (my grandparents) who went to work in NYC in some factory and in bar and grills on Wall Street. They sent their children (one of them my mother), who studied in racist schools in New York state. Because the North was no great bed of roses free of racism. She got spit on and reviled and my granny's house got bricks thrown through the windows and threatened to be burned out of her house that she saved for with a lot of long weeks working for a factory in NYC. She was threatened because she rented to Black Puerto Ricans on the second floor. My mother went to James Munroe High School and graduated despite the spitting and the racist horror, the top of her class. She went to nursing school Scampy. Fordham University where the director hated Puerto Ricans and told her she could study as much as she wanted to but being a cockaroach Puerto Rican won't ever graduate. My mother switched exams with an Irish girl who agreed to catch that racist bitch in action. And she was caught. But in the 1950s it was legal to fail someone in a class because you were racist. That is why the Civil Rights Movement came into play Scampy. They thought that unfair. How can you fail a straight A student because you thought they were the wrong race?

So my mother went back to Puerto Rico. Graduated there top of her class again. Thought about becoming a senator. She went for a doctorate in education and also a master's. She again was a straight A student. She became incredibly inerested in human rights for all people. All over the world. BTW Scampy, she was offered a free post graduate education in California. Where again she was the top of her class. She died and got UN Human Rights award. She got a American Red Cross award, a NAACP award and did work with the Smithosanian Institute and many others. Just some poor Puerto Rican from the poorest of the poor. She did not pop pills, become a drunk, or be some moaning groaner. She did not speak English only and be an asshole like you are. Lol. No, she overcame. All the racism, fascism and stupidity that the US racists are full of. But now it is up to the US people who believe in all those bullshit versions of US history to deal with your type of racist fools. Once and for all.

Did the hillbilly assholes ever make it like she did? They should have done better. They were white in America. They had the same poverty and obstacles my mother did. Why could they not overcome? Wasn't being white supposed to mean you are smarter, better, more capable? It is sad to accept that despite being white the system fucks them up really badly. And despite some people being Black or Puerto Rican or Mexican or Dominican like Rancid there? They still do well and better than the drug addict hillbillies whom you don't acknowledge got the same problems as the poor blacks in the South and the North too.

But your perspective is dumb. I am sorry to say it lacks depth. You will always be an ignorant fascist. :lol: :lol:

You keep going. The racists won't win a second war...in the USA. They just will be pariahs again and need to go and found their own nation in some place in the deep South (South America) and good luck on finding a nation in South America who doesn't have Socialists, Communists, and Anti-Racists Indians, Blacks or Liberals running them. They will wind up like the Confederate Brazilians. Keeping some antebellum costumes and whistling Dixie but not speaking English. Haha. :lol: :lol: :D

Cool story and I respect that.
The Yankees up North are way more racist even today than back then. The North is mostly still segregated.
Down South, we work with and co exist with Blacks every day. No problem.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]