Pootin’s '56th colonel killed' in strikes using US-supplied missiles - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@litwin

It's too bad the Russians had to learn the hard way one of the enduring lessons of Sun Tzu: "To win without fighting is the acme of skill" and that "Only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on" and the most profitable way of carrying it on is to "win without fighting." One who wishes to fight must first count the cost. Putin, obviously, wasn't "thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war." Putin thought that this would be easy and was just a game.
Politics_Observer wrote:@litwin

It's too bad the Russians had to learn the hard way one of the enduring lessons of Sun Tzu: "To win without fighting is the acme of skill" and that "Only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on" and the most profitable way of carrying it on is to "win without fighting." One who wishes to fight must first count the cost. Putin, obviously, wasn't "thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war." Putin thought that this would be easy and was just a game.

@Rancid

I would refrain from giving the Ukrainians super long-range artillery. Give them enough range to defend their land and to be able to outrange Russian artillery in Ukraine. We give the Ukrainian super long-range artillery and they use that to attack Russian land then the Russians will take it as us attacking their own land directly. We want to keep the war contained while punishing Russia so that they are deterred in the future from engaging in such adventures against NATO member states. Feeling the pain from this invasion will make Russia think twice about attacking or invading a NATO country in the future and prevent a future war.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

I would refrain from giving the Ukrainians super long-range artillery. Give them enough range to defend their land and to be able to outrange Russian artillery in Ukraine. We give the Ukrainian super long-range artillery and they use that to attack Russian land then the Russians will take it as us attacking their own land directly. We want to keep the war contained while punishing Russia so that they are deterred in the future from engaging in such adventures against NATO member states. Feeling the pain from this invasion will make Russia think twice about attacking or invading a NATO country in the future and prevent a future war.

You are right, the Ukrainians are angry, but bombing Russia (this is a strategic mistake) just has the effect, the Russians stand behind Putin.
Last edited by Skynet on 07 Jul 2022 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
@Sandzak

Yes, the idea for NATO is to "win without fighting." Winning means preventing war. The failure to prevent war costs waayyyy too much money and lives. Plus the destruction involved. Speaking in financial terms only, wars are so astronomically expensive it boggles the mind. In most cases, it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, a lot of people who haven't felt the pain of war or paid its costs directly might not understand this or truly appreciate it and a lot of those people are in power and have the power to start wars.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

Nah, no restraint at this point. Send NATO in too.
Rancid wrote:It's a bluff. I'm saying call it.

I had some street trouble with Russians 20 years ago, and the motherfuckers have balls and they do not bluff (never underestimate your enemy). They beat up an cousin, we came all to help. We learn as children to shoot.

Ukrainians are crazy brave, same as Bosnians... We Sandzaks are not so brave:

The CIA has an other opinion:
CIA Director William Burns has said that “none of us can take lightly” the prospect that Putin might resort to the use of tactical nuclear weapons.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... s-00032505

The CIA has plenty of capable profilers.

C.G. Jung predicted if Hitler loses the war he will commit suicide, and he matched damn right.

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]