China threatens to use military force to prevent Nancy Peolosi's Visit to Taiwan - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Patrickov wrote:
As I type (and prepare to work tomorrow), my family is enthusiastically watching Pelosi's plane land in Taiwan over Internet.

Outside Taiwan, DC and the Dipcorp, nobody knows what a big deal this is.

In my distinctly unhumble opinion, on the ground (where it counts) we just recognised Taiwan.

Congrats.
late wrote:Outside Taiwan, DC and the Dipcorp, nobody knows what a big deal this is.

You are wrong.

We, the Hongkongers (who are outside Taiwan), very much know how big deal this is.
Last edited by Patrickov on 02 Aug 2022 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Rugoz wrote:Why does China even make a fuss about this.

This is what Chinese always does. Even back in Imperial times they have been so petty.

And this is Chinese Communist Party no less.

Two brats in one entity.
I've been thinking about this some more. It's interesting that China is basically shitting on the global order that made their raise and development possible. They also quickly forgot who liberated China from Japanese imperialism (or who sacrificed their working class for that matter).

Maybe I should be more for this visit. :lol:
Rancid wrote:They also quickly forgot who liberated China from Japanese imperialism (or who sacrificed their working class for that matter)

To be fair, one may argue that Russia contributed more.

All in all, though, Russia and China are both ungrateful and totalitarian jerks who happen to be worse monsters than Japan.

And many have given evidence to prove that CCP had been sabotaging the KMT during the war so that they could usurp power after the war, as it did.
terrapinsfan wrote:https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1554485440668901376?s=20&t=0BY5FrZc_yjISoTXoXoCWA

This sounds like a more rational reaction to Pelosi in Taiwan. Seems unlikely things will go beyond this, but of course both sides gotta show each other their teeth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the US do military exercises around Taiwan.
terrapinsfan wrote:https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1554485440668901376?s=20&t=0BY5FrZc_yjISoTXoXoCWA

Yet they don't dare to fire at the "actual culprit".

Countries around the world should prepare to roll in and give these brats a good spanking.
wat0n wrote:This sounds like a more rational reaction to Pelosi in Taiwan. Seems unlikely things will go beyond this, but of course both sides gotta show each other their teeth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the US do military exercises around Taiwan.

If they do, Asia will see the potential costs of continuing to appease NATO's neo-colonial agenda.
wat0n wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see the US do military exercises around Taiwan.

They already do that with countries in the area. I look forward to see US do it with Taiwan.
QatzelOk wrote:If they do, Asia will see the potential costs of continuing to appease NATO's neo-colonial agenda.

I am all for the Anglo-Saxons setting up colonies here again.

Turns out that "our own people" do much, much worse.
Patrickov wrote:I am all for the Anglo-Saxons setting up colonies here again.

Turns out that "our own people" do much, much worse.

Maybe you could build a British style pub, and send British smoke signals up to passing British Airways airplanes asking them to land and rescue you from all the non-British-ness?

help is a click away
QatzelOk wrote:If they do, Asia will see the potential costs of continuing to appease NATO's neo-colonial agenda.

Pelosi being there and the rest supporting DEMOCRACY in Taiwan is imperial ambition? On what fucking grounds Qatz? Taiwan wants to be independent and democratic and not ruled by shitty CCP.

Plenty of countries in the region seem to fear China more than NATO.

Patrickov wrote:They already do that with countries in the area. I look forward to see US do it with Taiwan.

When was the last time both carried out a military exercise together?
wat0n wrote:Plenty of countries in the region seem to fear China more than NATO.

When was the last time both carried out a military exercise together?

NATO is not really present in the region, lets be honest here. Korea and Japan are not part of NATO. Same goes for NZ and Australia. Not sure what bit @QatzelOk ass about NATO and Asia.

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]