China threatens to use military force to prevent Nancy Peolosi's Visit to Taiwan - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:Pelosi being there and the rest supporting DEMOCRACY in Taiwan is imperial ambition?

Yes, it is.

Some corrupt-to-the-bone Western oligarch bagman... flies to some American military base next to China... while her indebted country sends weapons to Ukraine to be used on Russia....

This is like sending Ghislaine Maxwell to Ukraine. Or sending an army of school shooters to Venezuela's neighboring countries, just to potentially "stir things up."

Terrorizing non-absorbed nations is what Empires do, JR.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 02 Aug 2022 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
wat0n wrote:I mean the US and Taiwan. When is the last time both carried out a military exercise together?

That I don't know. I thought a bit about this and I think that Chinese just don't understand how seperation of power works and that Biden or anybody for the matter couldn't really stop Pelosi even if they really wanted to. It is her choice as the 3rd person in US government. China simply doesn't have that and leadership is angry because of that. They simply do not understand how democracies and such concepts work.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, it is.

Some corrupt-to-the-bone Western oligarch bagman... flies to some American military base next to China... while her indebted country sends weapons to Ukraine to be used on Russia....

This is like sending Ghislaine Maxwell to Ukraine. Or sending an army of school shooters to Venezuela's neighboring countries, just to potentially "stir things up."

Terrorizing other nations is what Empires do, JR.

Ukraine is being terrorised by Russia and Taiwan is being terrorised by China. US bases in countries are there by permission and agreement of those countries which usually means that those countries really like protection against somebody and in case of Taiwan, Japan and Korea it is China and North Korea. You yourself know this.
QatzelOk wrote:Terrorizing other nations is what Empires do, JR.

China and Russia terrorizes us. NATO is our protector.

If you want to get past me, get past my dead body.

Fuck off.
Patrickov wrote:China and Russia terrorizes us. NATO is our protector.

Taiwan and Ukraine are inside the non-absorbed nations of China and Russia.

Maintaining NATO bases there is an existential threat to those non-absorbed nations.

NATO has genocidal tendencies, and seems is mainly an alliance of private, profit-seeking corporations. Private Corporations are self-driving entities that have no empathy or humanity, so this is a major existential problem for the entire world.

Private Corporations in North America killed off 150 nations. They are not benign, in spite of everything their entertainment media told you.

Nancy Pelosi is mainly a bag-man for Private Corporations, by the way....
QatzelOk wrote:Taiwan and Ukraine are inside the non-absorbed nations of China and Russia.

Maintaining NATO bases there is an existential threat to those non-absorbed nations.

NATO has genocidal tendencies, and seems is mainly an alliance of private, profit-seeking corporations. Private Corporations are self-driving entities that have no empathy or humanity, so this is a major existential problem for the entire world.

Private Corporations in North America killed off 150 nations. They are not benign, in spite of everything their entertainment media told you.

Nancy Pelosi is mainly a bag-man for Private Corporations, by the way....

Ukraine and the people of Ukraine don't want to be part of Russia. Taiwan and its people also don't want to be part of China.

Currently the genociders are Russians and Chinese.

So as a person who stands against genocide, shouldn't you be supporting the people of Ukraine and people of Taiwan?
Patrickov wrote:To be fair, one may argue that Russia contributed more.

One could argue Russia couldn't do it without lend-lease from America, and additionally the atomic bomb.

Just because Russia was willing to throw so much cannon fodder at Germany, doesn't mean they get to claim all the credit.
JohnRawls wrote: They simply do not understand how democracies and such concepts work.

The quasi racism of a guy incessant he truly understands China and their ways while at the same time insisting its impossible for them to understand us. :lol:

Not saying I disagree that CPC leadership probably has a very distorted idea of Western political structures - but millions more Chinese are exposed to, study in, and grow up in Western societies than vice versa (including CPC families). If one of the two had a more clear idea of the other I don't think it's Westerners.
Fasces wrote:The quasi racism of a guy incessant he truly understands China and their ways while at the same time insisting its impossible for them to understand us. :lol:

Enlighten us then. Also racism against which group? Didn't know the CCP is a separate race of some sort.

CCP are not equal to Chinese people in the same way as Putin is not equal to the Russian people.
JohnRawls wrote: I think that Chinese just don't understand how seperation of power

JohnRawls wrote: Currently the genociders are Russians and Chinese.

JohnRawls wrote:Taiwan is being terrorised by China.

also JohnRawls wrote:CCP are not equal to Chinese people in the same way as Putin is not equal to the Russian people.

It's hard to be sanctimonious about people equating China and Chinese with CPC when you've been doing it all thread, don't you think? Ironic, at the least.

So yes, I stand by my original statement on your chauvinism, especially since I did distinguish between CPC and Chinese in my post. :lol:

fasces wrote: Not saying I disagree that CPC leadership probably has a very distorted idea of Western political structures - but millions more Chinese are exposed to, study in, and grow up in Western societies than vice versa (including CPC families). If one of the two had a more clear idea of the other I don't think it's Westerners.
Fasces wrote:It's hard to be sanctimonious about people equating China and Chinese with CPC when you've been doing it all thread, don't you think? Ironic, at the least.

So yes, I stand by my original statement on your chauvinism, especially since I did distinguish between CPC and Chinese in my post. :lol:

You quote out of context, quote the whole post about separation of power and you clearly see i specified leadership. It is hard to blame Chinese as a whole because the system is dictatorial or autocratic depending what view you take. The bottom line is that the narrative and propaganda is set so deviations get you sent to jail or prosecuted in one way or the other in a more brutal way than in Russia.
None of this has to do with the initial point I was making - your arrogant idea that it is impossible for Chinese people and leaders to have a clear understanding of Western politics while, in other sections of this forum, going on as if you have any clear idea about Chinese politics (a country whose news you don't read, language you can't understand, and culture have no reference for or engagement with).

Personally I'd bet on any Chinese (or Indian, or Nigerian, or any other periphery culture) having a much clearer idea on the culture and norms of Western (or any other core) states than vice versa.
@QatzelOk Would lean towards supporting whatever nonsense he perceives to be a criticism of the west, embarrassing for the west or just in opposition of the west, regardless of how much worse it might ultimately be.
Who cares if the people from Ukraine or the people from taiwan don't want anything to do with Russia and China respectively? as long as the scenario includes something that makes NATO/The US/"The West"/Capitalism embarrassed/weak, does not matter. Terror, brutality, slavery, discrimination, willing to turn a blind eye.

You did, when you suggested that we once bred wi[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]