Florida Governor DeSantis Sends Two Planeloads Of Illegal Immigrants To Martha's Vineyard - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I'm guessing that he'll get away with it because this stunt is popular amongst his voters? And neither party wants to piss them off in this swing state. :roll:

Why doesn't the US have a sharing mechanism for new arrivals based on the individual states resources and capacity of receiving them?
MadMonk wrote:
I'm guessing that he'll get away with it because this stunt is popular amongst his voters? And neither party wants to piss them off in this swing state. :roll:

MadMonk wrote:
Why doesn't the US have a sharing mechanism for new arrivals based on the individual states resources and capacity of receiving them?

Welcome to the left wing MM.

= D
late wrote:It turns out there is a Federal law prohibiting what DeSantis did. It's Kidnapping by Inveiglement. When he used deception to move people across state lines, he violated Federal law.

The Immigration and Nationality Act forbids “transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise.”
https://www.mvtimes.com/2022/09/15/atto ... kidnapped/

Justice is quite busy with other subhumans, at the moment, but here's hoping they can squeeze him in.

Inveiglement? That word makes me hot and bothered. Sounds like a sex act.

How would you use that in a sentence? "In a fit of crazed lust, I inveiglemented the lot of them"?

You search and come up with the craziest shit that no one with any brains takes seriously. :lol:

This is going to keep happening, become standard policy I guess?

Evenly spread out migrants. We are having issues here in Europe on this also, but we are 25-30 different countries that sometimes cooperate on issues, mostly not. One assumed that the US was one functioning country, but recent years have been disproving that.
ckaihatsu wrote:Bullshit:

How about developing some humility. You're debating with people who seem to have a far greater knowledge of the subject matter. I wasn't referring to the left opposition which formed after Lenin's death. I was talking about Rabkrin, The People's Commissariat of the Workers' and Peasants' Inspection. Rabkrin, set up by Lenin to resist bureaucracy it actually was a key part of the development of Stalin's bureacratic power base.

Source -- ?

Find them yourself. That both Stalinists and Trotskysists took a revolutionary defeatist position in 1939 is basic history. Trotskyists continued to denounce the second world war as an imperialist war even after the invasion of the Soviet Union. Obviously this was a ridiculous doctrine and the Trotskyists knew it in their heart of hearts, but revolutionary defeatism was the key issue that Lenin broke from Kautsky, "the Pope of Marxism", so it became sacred cannon.

@Potemkin I think it would be more accurate to say that Stalin adopted Trotskyism as far as practical issues were concerned.
late wrote:
It turns out there is a Federal law prohibiting what DeSantis did. It's Kidnapping by Inveiglement. When he used deception to move people across state lines, he violated Federal law.

The Immigration and Nationality Act forbids “transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise.”
https://www.mvtimes.com/2022/09/15/atto ... kidnapped/

Justice is quite busy with other subhumans, at the moment, but here's hoping they can squeeze him in.

BlutoSays wrote:
Inveiglement? That word makes me hot and bothered. Sounds like a sex act.

How would you use that in a sentence? "In a fit of crazed lust, I inveiglemented the lot of them"?

You search and come up with the craziest shit that no one with any brains takes seriously. :lol:

You're being deliberately obtuse -- late is simply pointing out that the migrants are being used as political *pawns*, which the media is saying *explicitly*.

Is this kind of practice really going to become the *norm* over time -- since there's no solid immigration *policy* -- ?
Rich wrote:
How about developing some humility. You're debating with people who seem to have a far greater knowledge of the subject matter. I wasn't referring to the left opposition which formed after Lenin's death. I was talking about Rabkrin, The People's Commissariat of the Workers' and Peasants' Inspection. Rabkrin, set up by Lenin to resist bureaucracy it actually was a key part of the development of Stalin's bureacratic power base.

Find them yourself. That both Stalinists and Trotskysists took a revolutionary defeatist position in 1939 is basic history. Trotskyists continued to denounce the second world war as an imperialist war even after the invasion of the Soviet Union. Obviously this was a ridiculous doctrine and the Trotskyists knew it in their heart of hearts, but revolutionary defeatism was the key issue that Lenin broke from Kautsky, "the Pope of Marxism", so it became sacred cannon.

@Potemkin I think it would be more accurate to say that Stalin adopted Trotskyism as far as practical issues were concerned.

*No one* appointed you the Right-Wing Inquisitor Over the Left Wing. You're not providing a good-faith 'friendly critique' here -- you *don't* get to rearrange-the-historical-pieces-on-the-board-from-above, much as you'd *like* to.

Second, if you don't *say* it, and no one *else* says it, then it hasn't been *said* yet, so keep your flippant spurious condescension to yourself.

There's nothing 'ridiculous' about opposing a *second* global imperialist war.

The NEP paradigm couldn't continue indefinitely so the country was at a *crossroads* and had to go the route of *nationalist development* (Stalinism) since its economy was wrecked at that point. Stalinism was arguably in the *country's* best interests at the time, but it wasn't in the *workers'* best interests since they didn't collectively *control* the country's direction.
Rich wrote:How about developing some humility. You're debating with people who seem to have a far greater knowledge of the subject matter. I wasn't referring to the left opposition which formed after Lenin's death. I was talking about Rabkrin, The People's Commissariat of the Workers' and Peasants' Inspection. Rabkrin, set up by Lenin to resist bureaucracy it actually was a key part of the development of Stalin's bureacratic power base.

True, but the policy platform of the Left Opposition became more famous as 'Stalinism' than it ever was as 'Trotskyism' (which would be a more accurate label, admittedly). And, historically, it matters a lot more who actually implements a policy than who came up with it in the first place. Unfair, I know, but power hath its privileges. ;)
ckaihatsu wrote:You're being deliberately obtuse -- late is simply pointing out that the migrants are being used as political *pawns*, which the media is saying *explicitly*.

Is this kind of practice really going to become the *norm* over time -- since there's no solid immigration *policy* -- ?

Late (and you) are simply IGNORING behavior based on who does it. You have situational ethics.

States are now responding to the bullshit because the federal jackasses (dummocrats) in Washington DC are creating a financial burden on targeted states.

But, let me shorten it to GFY.

- - - - -

Psaki Confirms Illegal Immigrants Being Flown to New York in Dead of Night
Brittany Bernstein, October 19, 2021

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday confirmed reporting by the New York Post that the Biden administration has been quietly flying underage illegal immigrants from the border to New York in the dead of night.

During a press briefing, a reporter asked why the administration is “flying thousands of migrants from the border to Florida and New York in the middle of the night.”

“Well I’m not sure it’s in the middle of the night but let me tell you what’s happening here. It is our —” Psaki said, before the reporter interrupted with various “very early” morning times that flights have taken place.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/psaki-confirms-i ... 39952.html

- - - - -

Mastriano provides update on illegals sent to Pennsylvania

Posted on Jan 13, 2022

HARRISBURG – Senator Doug Mastriano (PA-33) has looked further into the issue of the Biden Administration sending illegal immigrants to Pennsylvania shortly after their apprehension at the southern border.

The “ghost” flights in the middle of the night to Lehigh Valley last month are far from the only transit flights that ICE has sent to PA this year.

According to the U.S Department of Homeland Security, ICE conducted over 900 domestic flights of illegal immigrants around the U.S in 2021. One of the destination cities was identified as Harrisburg, PA. ICE also conducted at least 11 “transfer” flights into Philadelphia. It’s unknown how many passengers were on each flight and the final destination for each passenger.

DHS has also issued “Notices to Appear” in court for over 250 illegal immigrants released in the Philadelphia area.

Additionally, according to a forthcoming report from the DHS Office of Inspector General (OIG), ICE has failed to ensure migrants are tested for COVID-19 before transport on flights and has not maintained records for the illegals who are transported.

“I think these findings are just the tip of the iceberg,” said Senator Mastriano. “We need to further examine the total number of illegal immigrants being sent to PA by plane and bus. We also need to look at how much this is costing taxpayers and if Governor Wolf and Attorney General Shapiro were notified of the flights beforehand. Did they decline to inform the public?”

Senator Mastriano is a co-sponsor of legislation by Senator Mario Scavello that will initiate a program to send newly arriving illegal immigrants to the state of Delaware.

The below findings emanate from a DHS response to inquiries from U.S Senator Ron Johnson.

ICE Air Operations, Domestic Transfers and Flights FY 2021:
Domestic Transfer Flights 938
Non-citizens Transferred 51,750

FY 2021 ICE Air Operations, Cities Transited:
Abilene, TX Las Vegas, NV
Albuquerque, NM Del Rio, TX
Alexandria, LA Mesa, AZ
Birmingham Miami, FL
Brownsville, TX Minneapolis, MN
Buffalo, NY Newark, NJ
Columbus, GA Omaha, NE
Dallas, TX Portland, OR
El Paso, TX Richmond, VA
Gary, IN San Antonio, TX
Harrisburg, PA San Diego, CA
Houston, TX Toledo, OH
Jacksonville, FL Tucson, AZ
Kansas City, MO Victorville, CA
Laredo, TX Wichita, KS

FY 2021 ICE Domestic Transfer Flights:
Atlanta 55
Baltimore 37
Boston 11
Buffalo 11
Chicago 27
Dallas 43
Denver 36
Detroit 35
El Paso 20
Houston 5
Los Angeles 132
Miami 35
New Orleans 4
New York 17
Newark 87
Philadelphia 11
Phoenix 23
Salt Lake City 18
San Antonio 44
San Diego 28
San Francisco 165
Seattle 55
St. Paul 20
Washington 18
Grand Total 915

Notice to Appear (NTAs) Issued by AOR, Releases Between March 21, 2021 and August 31, 2021:
Atlanta 707
Baltimore 68
Boston 1,177
Buffalo 63
Chicago 1,164
Dallas 950
Denver 379
Detroit 203
El Paso 20
Harlingen 7
Houston 195
Los Angeles 986
Miami 460
New Jersey 2,450
New Orleans 860
New York City 2,613
Philadelphia 254
Phoenix 59
Seattle 365
San Francisco 447
Salt Lake City 405
San Antonio 718
San Diego 113
St. Paul 447
Washington 1,203
Grand Total 16,293

If it weren't for double standards, democrats would have no standards at all. - Chris Plante

BlutoSays wrote:
Late (and you) are simply IGNORING behavior based on who does it. You have situational ethics.

No, that's what you are doing. Biden wasn't breaking the law, DeSantis broke multiple laws.

On top of that, you are ignoring the most important bit, Biden was trying to help, DeSantis was trying to do harm that would benefit him politically.

Ignoring is the wrong word, isn't it. Oh, well, thanks for helping reinforce my recent characterisation of you.
BlutoSays wrote:

By 'situational ethics' you're merely pointing out that political issues are *politicized*, which isn't saying much at all. Anything further, and you'd have to get into *specifics* which is where you'll always come up short since Trumpism was bankrupt from the start -- now he's out of office and can't blackmail the world with the nuclear codes, presumably.

philosophical abstractions

Spoiler: show

---

BlutoSays wrote:
States are now responding to the bullshit because the federal jackasses (dummocrats) in Washington DC are creating a financial burden on targeted states.

But, let me shorten it to GFY.

Nope, sorry, it's *still* a national-level *policy vacuum* -- and you're pointing to the SHTF eventuality that's happening *now*, when all you do year-in and year-out is kick-the-can-down-the-road.

Also *duh* -- it's a national boundary / border, so there has to be nation-wide policy to cover it.

Generalizations-Characterizations

Spoiler: show
BlutoSays wrote:
financial burden on targeted states.

Here it is:

Outcome

As of December 2020, the total funding given for new fencing was about $15 billion, a third of which had been given by Congress while Trump had ordered the rest taken from the military budget. This funding was intended to build new fencing over 738 miles (1,188 km), at a cost of about $20 million per mile; this would cover a little more than half the approximately 1,300 mi (2,100 km) that had no fencing when Trump took office.[53][54]

A March 2021 review of the Trump work on the wall found only 47 miles (76 km) of new barriers where none had previously existed. While Trump had described the new wall as "virtually impenetrable", it was found that smugglers had repeatedly sawed through the wall with cheap power tools. Also, new dirt roads that had been used to access the wall construction served as new access roads for smugglers.[55]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall#Outcome
BlutoSays wrote:
Wrong again, idiot. You know what I mean. Targeting states to flood with hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens is destroying the resources of states at the state level.

Believe it or not, BS, I'm *not* here to play-along with your intended nonsense -- 15 billion dollars is a substantial sum, so vilifying Trump's border-wall boondoggle is *most* to-the-point, measured in dollars.

The enemies of freedom are strong in this topic. B[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]