Developing World Problems in the USA - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Developing World Problems in the USA

I was once on a snorkeling excursion in Aruba. On the boat, I heard an older couple speaking Spanish with a very distinctive Argentine accent. They were the only Spanish speakers on the boat and seemed a bit confused with the captain’s English snorkeling instructions.

I introduced myself in Spanish and translated the captain’s instruction for the couple. We began chatting in Spanish. They told me they lived in Bariloche, Argentina, but were trying to get residency in the United States. Bariloche is a beautiful, high dollar ski resort town. I had visited the city on past trips to South America.

The couple wanted to move to inland Florida. I was kind of confused. I asked them why they would leave their beautiful home to live in a Florida swamp. The woman replied “Because everything works in America.”

She went on to describe how in Argentina, none of the utilities worked reliably, food supplies were inconsistent, the roads were bad, and government corruption was rampant. She said that as the couple aged they learned to appreciate the boring reliability of an American existence.

The woman had a good point, but things have changed significantly in the five years since I had that conversation.

I’ve been traveling quite a bit all over the United States. So far this year I’ve taught or taken 37 days of out-of-state classes. I was in eight different states last month. In addition to my busy teaching schedule, I’ve taken two short vacations in Florida and one in California. I’m starting to think that the United Sates is rapidly becoming a third world country. The things that once “worked” don’t work the same way anymore. The decline is stunningly similar to what I’ve experienced in my travels in the developing world.

Here are a few things I’ve noticed in the last couple months of my domestic travel.

Airline issues– Up until about five years ago, when taking a flight in South America or Africa, one had to call the airline the day before the flight to ensure that the flight was still scheduled. The flights were notoriously unreliable and the airlines wanted to avoid dealing with irate customers at the airports.

I’ve flown 46 flights this calendar year. Twenty-nine of them were delayed or cancelled. American airline reliability is now no better than some of the worst airlines in rural Africa.

Police uniforms- In the developing world, cops have very inconsistent uniforms. They often wear jeans with a uniform shirt. They lack equipment that American cops would consider mandatory. Seeing a cop with only a handgun and no ancillary gear is really common in third world countries.

Last month I was stopped for speeding in rural Oklahoma. The cop approached my car. He was wearing a polo shirt and khaki pants. No body armor. No camera. He was wearing a leather trouser belt instead of a duty rig. He had a Glock in a thumbreak leather pancake holster and a police radio hanging off his trouser belt. Nothing else. No OC spray. No Taser. No handcuffs. No baton. No flashlight. He looked like a security guard from El Salvador.

The cop was very nice and graciously let me off with a warning. Given the uniform he was wearing I half expected him to solicit a bribe like his third-world counterparts.

Gas station irregularities. I was driving in rural northern Texas and needed to stop for gas. I pulled off the highway and up to a gas pump. The attendant came out of the station to tell me that the station had no gas and wouldn’t be getting anymore for several days.

I went across the street to another station. All the pumps had signs stating that the credit card processors were all broken. It took stopping at a third station to get my gas.

Continues: https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/ ... in-the-usa
Claiming elections as fraudulent and trying ot overthrow the government is a developing world problem your boy Trump and the MAGA morons have brought to America.

Este come mierda.
Yes, the USA is more like a developing country than a developed one in many respects.

Once the economy reduces itself to the size of a developing economy, there will be no more reason to define it as developed.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Yes, the USA is more like a developing country than a developed one in many respects.

Once the economy reduces itself to the size of a developing economy, there will be no more reason to define it as developed.

I think the line was *already* crossed back when the U.S. had to resort to *protectionism*, particularly Trump's tariffs -- in addition to the border / immigration.

Also, reserve currency, monolithic military, cultural hegemony, etc.
ckaihatsu wrote:I think the line was *already* crossed back when the U.S. had to resort to *protectionism*, particularly Trump's tariffs -- in addition to the border / immigration.

Also, reserve currency, monolithic military, cultural hegemony, etc.

The blackouts, the brownouts, the bad roads, the crumbling bridges, the corruption of the political class, the gated communities where you need the guards to keep you safe from the slum dwellers, and the list goes on.

There are issues. But it is the liberals. Dem dare libs. They brought it to America....time to blame it on the immigrants, the liberals who allow this to happen in America...

Soon it will be Latinos overrunning with their illegal behavior....fiesta en America...Fiesta en America.

Who is the singer Ckaihatsu? A Puerto Rican guy born in Rio Piedras. He is born a US citizen but is singing about all of the Latin Americans beating with one heart. The culture wars.

The MAGA types don't understand how vast that group is the Latin Americans. The jobs they do and perform and how they contribute to the economy.

They think that somehow the USA is the way it is not because of the ones laboring for a hundred years that don't speak English in their homes. Somehow the foreigners are a threat. It is DUMB. Go after the ones who are keeping people from getting paid well. The fools in the MAGA think those assholes in the Republican party are repping the working people. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Conman does not give a shit about working people or not having undocumented workers purged from the payroll. That is why Eric had to go and try to get rid of the workers in all of Trump's projects that were Latin American undocumented people. Trumpy mand had many many of them in his construction sites. His golf courses, his service areas, buildings, etc. He is a hypocritical liar. But there they are believing all that crap they say...

:D
Tainari88 wrote:
The blackouts, the brownouts, the bad roads, the crumbling bridges, the corruption of the political class, the gated communities where you need the guards to keep you safe from the slum dwellers, and the list goes on.

There are issues. But it is the liberals. Dem dare libs. They brought it to America....time to blame it on the immigrants, the liberals who allow this to happen in America...

Soon it will be Latinos overrunning with their illegal behavior....fiesta en America...Fiesta en America.

https:// youtu.be/qMBFVtyPasc

Who is the singer Ckaihatsu? A Puerto Rican guy born in Rio Piedras. He is born a US citizen but is singing about all of the Latin Americans beating with one heart. The culture wars.

The MAGA types don't understand how vast that group is the Latin Americans. The jobs they do and perform and how they contribute to the economy.

They think that somehow the USA is the way it is not because of the ones laboring for a hundred years that don't speak English in their homes. Somehow the foreigners are a threat. It is DUMB. Go after the ones who are keeping people from getting paid well. The fools in the MAGA think those assholes in the Republican party are repping the working people. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Conman does not give a shit about working people or not having undocumented workers purged from the payroll. That is why Eric had to go and try to get rid of the workers in all of Trump's projects that were Latin American undocumented people. Trumpy mand had many many of them in his construction sites. His golf courses, his service areas, buildings, etc. He is a hypocritical liar. But there they are believing all that crap they say...

:D

https:// youtu.be/qMBFVtyPasc

Yup. To me it may as well be a racist and sexist *caste* system, because there's hardly any 'mobility' as things are, and it's *especially* difficult if one happens to be *oppressed* as well -- difficult to 'stay in one's lane'.

White supremacy is the combined ideological and structural expression of “white power.” In its ideological expression, it posits that the descendants of people of the territory/idea referred to as Europe represent the highest examples of human development. That their culture, social institutions, religions, and way of life are inherently and naturally superior. This position is combined with what BAP calls the global structures and institutions of white supremacy, the material means to maintain and advance global white power: The International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, World Trade Organization (WTO), the global banking system, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and U.S. dollar hegemony.

For BAP, white supremacy cannot be reduced to individualized attitudes and values just among people identified as white. Instead, it should be seen as a structure of domination that is ideologically embedded into every aspect of U.S. and European society to the extent that it has become normalized and obscured as general common sense. White supremacy is fundamental to the Pan-European Colonial/Capitalist Patriarchy that began with the invasion of the “Americas” in 1492.

https://blackallianceforpeace.us15.list ... caec65024c
Poor Bluto, he shot himself in the foot with his OP, and is desperately trying to change the topic with dumbass memes..

As I've been saying for years, if you act like a 3rd world country long enough, you get to be one.
late wrote:Poor Bluto, he shot himself in the foot with his OP, and is desperately trying to change the topic with dumbass memes..

As I've been saying for years, if you act like a 3rd world country long enough, you get to be one.

Not at all. Just tryin' to piss you off with reality, commie.

And you're SOFAKING easy! :lol:
BlutoSays wrote:
Not at all. Just tryin' to piss you off with reality, commie.

Lying isn't going to help, you're as subtle as a blind drunk elephant.

Have you ever been to a Communist country? I have, Hungary in 1973.

Unlike you, I swore off radical change then and there.
BlutoSays wrote:Developing World Problems in the USA

I was once on a snorkeling excursion in Aruba. On the boat, I heard an older couple speaking Spanish with a very distinctive Argentine accent. They were the only Spanish speakers on the boat and seemed a bit confused with the captain’s English snorkeling instructions.

I introduced myself in Spanish and translated the captain’s instruction for the couple. We began chatting in Spanish. They told me they lived in Bariloche, Argentina, but were trying to get residency in the United States. Bariloche is a beautiful, high dollar ski resort town. I had visited the city on past trips to South America.

The couple wanted to move to inland Florida. I was kind of confused. I asked them why they would leave their beautiful home to live in a Florida swamp. The woman replied “Because everything works in America.”

She went on to describe how in Argentina, none of the utilities worked reliably, food supplies were inconsistent, the roads were bad, and government corruption was rampant. She said that as the couple aged they learned to appreciate the boring reliability of an American existence.

The woman had a good point, but things have changed significantly in the five years since I had that conversation.

I’ve been traveling quite a bit all over the United States. So far this year I’ve taught or taken 37 days of out-of-state classes. I was in eight different states last month. In addition to my busy teaching schedule, I’ve taken two short vacations in Florida and one in California. I’m starting to think that the United Sates is rapidly becoming a third world country. The things that once “worked” don’t work the same way anymore. The decline is stunningly similar to what I’ve experienced in my travels in the developing world.

Here are a few things I’ve noticed in the last couple months of my domestic travel.

Airline issues– Up until about five years ago, when taking a flight in South America or Africa, one had to call the airline the day before the flight to ensure that the flight was still scheduled. The flights were notoriously unreliable and the airlines wanted to avoid dealing with irate customers at the airports.

I’ve flown 46 flights this calendar year. Twenty-nine of them were delayed or cancelled. American airline reliability is now no better than some of the worst airlines in rural Africa.

Police uniforms- In the developing world, cops have very inconsistent uniforms. They often wear jeans with a uniform shirt. They lack equipment that American cops would consider mandatory. Seeing a cop with only a handgun and no ancillary gear is really common in third world countries.

Last month I was stopped for speeding in rural Oklahoma. The cop approached my car. He was wearing a polo shirt and khaki pants. No body armor. No camera. He was wearing a leather trouser belt instead of a duty rig. He had a Glock in a thumbreak leather pancake holster and a police radio hanging off his trouser belt. Nothing else. No OC spray. No Taser. No handcuffs. No baton. No flashlight. He looked like a security guard from El Salvador.

The cop was very nice and graciously let me off with a warning. Given the uniform he was wearing I half expected him to solicit a bribe like his third-world counterparts.

Gas station irregularities. I was driving in rural northern Texas and needed to stop for gas. I pulled off the highway and up to a gas pump. The attendant came out of the station to tell me that the station had no gas and wouldn’t be getting anymore for several days.

I went across the street to another station. All the pumps had signs stating that the credit card processors were all broken. It took stopping at a third station to get my gas.

Continues: https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/ ... in-the-usa

If those are the problems you can find, the USA isn't doing too badly.
wat0n wrote:
Trying, and likely failing at that.

I would have thought this would be about this type of developing country problem:

Click picture to see where it is from.

Same thing..

The example of Italy's apparent lack of development for Roma communities is comparable to the USA, since US failures to perform like a developed country impact BIPOC communities disproportionately.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The example of Italy's apparent lack of development for Roma communities is comparable to the USA, since US failures to perform like a developed country impact BIPOC communities disproportionately.

Italy's, France's (there are similar/worse slums in Paris), etc... I'd say the American and Canadian poor generally have better housing.
Pants-of-dog wrote:In terms of percentage of the population in jail, the USA does not do as well as most developing countries. Only North Korea has more people in prison per capita.

Is America more strict on law enforcement, or do they just have more idiots walking around that need to be jailed? :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]