Iran Protests - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Rancid
Unthinking Majority wrote:Technology = bad, noble savage = good.

But if he gets a disease he's going to stick that technology in his veins to save his life.

Hummm good point. I wonder what he would do if he got cancer. Would he go to a doctor and use all that technology he hates?
Rancid wrote:Hummm good point. I wonder what he would do if he got cancer. Would he go to a doctor and use all that technology he hates?

Yeah but it's evil. Like all the anti-capitalist college kids on their iPhones.
By Wellsy
Rancid wrote:What exactly does @QatzelOk stand for?

Contrarianism?
By Rancid
Wellsy wrote:Contrarianism?

Perhaps....

That is a terrible way to lead a life though.
By QatzelOk
Rancid wrote:What exactly does @QatzelOk stand for?

Honest debate.

Without this, anything you say is useless. And because we have a manipulative "plantation-owner" media, honest debate is worth its weight in gold.

After a post containing his political wish-list, ckaihatsu wrote:*Or* you could address the politics there, if you like.

What I was adressing was the ridiculous notion that "my western political views" are relevant, or whether "MY WESTERN VALUES" are the go-to excuse for every sovereignty-destroying color revolution.
By ckaihatsu
QatzelOk wrote:
Defending his worldview, ckaihatsu wrote:

Also, DM, I don't tolerate Islamism... I proactively *argued* on RevLeft.com against knee-jerk, allegedly pro-Arab-Spring *anti-Assad-ism* that was taking place at the time (circa 2014), and my camp was derided by those left-imperialists (for lack of any better term) as 'anti-imps', as though being truly anti-NATO was merely an 'infantile' anti-imperialism -- pure insult without substance.

ckaihatsu wrote:
*Or* you could address the politics there, if you like.

QatzelOk wrote:
After a post containing his political wish-list, ckaihatsu wrote:
*Or* you could address the politics there, if you like.

What I was adressing was the ridiculous notion that "my western political views" are relevant, or whether "MY WESTERN VALUES" are the go-to excuse for every sovereignty-destroying color revolution.

*Is* it 'Western', though, to be *anti-ISIS* -- even if some international / Western forces happen to have-been / *are* (nominally) involved in that battle -- ? (SDF)

To be clear, I'm *not* pro-color-revolution, so that's mere *projection* on your part.
By QatzelOk
ckaihatsu wrote:*Is* it 'Western', though, to be *anti-ISIS* ...

Yes, it is Western to claim to be anti-ISIS, while Western elites fund them to destroy countries all over the Middle East.

Likewise, it's Western to be pro-two-state-solution, while Western elites hand billions to Israel to destroy whatever remains of Palestine.

It's called lying. It creates power.
By ckaihatsu
QatzelOk wrote:
Yes, it is Western to claim to be anti-ISIS, while Western elites fund them to destroy countries all over the Middle East.

Likewise, it's Western to be pro-two-state-solution, while Western elites hand billions to Israel to destroy whatever remains of Palestine.

It's called lying. It creates power.

Are the Western elites *still* funding ISIS, though -- ? They *had*, under Obama, but that was FSA (etc.) at the time, not to defend it -- which I *didn't*.

I think an anti-imperialist politics here would be *pro-Yazidi* and pro-Kurdistan, at the *expense* of ISIS / former-IS.

Agreed on Palestine-Israel.
By Rancid
QatzelOk wrote:Honest debate.

Aside from Honest debate, what about intelligent, informed, and logical debate as well?
By Deutschmania
Unthinking Majority wrote:Technology = bad, noble savage = good.

But if he gets a disease he's going to stick that technology in his veins to save his life.

In short , to illustrate. To summarize, @QatzelOk is either an anarcho-primitivist , or more disturbingly might even be a Pol Potist . He hasn't yet given his opinion on the state, as far as I have noticed.
By QatzelOk
Deutschmania wrote:In short , to illustrate. To summarize, @QatzelOk is either an anarcho-primitivist , or more disturbingly might even be a Pol Potist . He hasn't yet given his opinion on the state, as far as I have noticed.

I haven't researched and don't follow either of the ideological positions you have tried to smear my texts with.

The texts I provide are a result of my own private personal relationship with nature, and are the result of thousands of hours of contemplation while cycling in forests and along rivers and lakes.

I realize most people find it a lot easier to just "pick an ideology" (or religion) because... then you don't have to do your own thinking.
By ckaihatsu

[T]he slave traders and owners always needed arguments to use with those white people, the great majority, who did not own slaves. In the colonies the smaller farmers were often resentful at the way the slave owners grabbed the best land and, by using slaves at low cost, undercut them. In ports like London escaped slaves often found refuge in the poor slum areas. The traders and owners needed a way of making people despise, mistrust and fear the slaves. The ‘war prisoners’ doctrine hardly did this. By contrast, ideas that those of African descent were innately inferior to those of European descent fitted the needs of the traders and planters perfectly.

Christian supporters of slavery claimed they had found a justification by references in the Bible to the fate of the descendants of one of Noah’s sons, Ham. But there were also attempts at allegedly ‘scientific’ justifications, in terms of the ‘subhuman savagery’ of Africans—for instance in Edward Long’s History of Jamaica, published in 1774. Such arguments enabled some thinkers influenced by the Enlightenment to continue to support slavery.49 They could proclaim, ‘All men are created equal,’ and add that non-whites were not men.

Racism did not emerge at once as a fully formed ideology. It developed over some three centuries. So, for instance, the early attitude to the native inhabitants of North America tended to be that they differed from Europeans because they faced different conditions of life. Indeed, one problem facing the governors of Jamestown (Virginia) was that Indian life had a considerable attraction for white colonists, and ‘they prescribed the death penalty for running off to live with Indians’.50 The preference of ‘thousands of Europeans’ for ‘the Indian way of life’ found a reflection in the positive view of the ‘state of nature’ presented by influential writings like Rousseau’s.51 Even in the mid-18th century ‘the distentions later created by the term “red men” were not to be found… Skin colour was not considered a particularly significant feature’.52 Attitudes changed in the late 18th century as European settlers increasingly clashed with the Indian population over ownership and use of land. There was an increasing depiction of Indians as ‘bloodthirsty monsters’, and ‘they were increasingly referred to as tawny pagans, swarthy philistines, copper-coloured vermin and, by the end of the 18th century, as redskins’.53

Harman, _People's History of the World_, p. 253
By ckaihatsu

November 9, 2022 - Don't Look Away!

NO to EXECUTION OF PROTESTERS!
FREE IRAN'S POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW!

The IEC condemns the Iran parliament’s vote demanding the “maximum penalty” for protesters! We condemn this bloodlust by this medieval theocracy and its reactionary minions, including those men AND women who cling to the Islamic Republic despite their own interests and the interests of humanity. The US imperialist rulers have blood on their hands as well. Their past and present actions helped fuel this outrage – from the coup in 1953 through the deprivation of decades-long sanctions.

"The Lives of Iran's Political Prisoners hang in the balance. We must ACT now!"

The IEC’s Emergency Appeal is alarmingly relevant. It needs to be known and promoted everywhere. Take its message onto every social media platform, into every event, and into the streets. If we are serious about " Women. Life. Freedom," we must have the backs of Iran's political prisoners.

NO TO EXECUTION OF PROTESTERS!
FREE IRAN'S POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW!

~Dolly Veale, Nov. 9, 2022
By QatzelOk
A text that ckaihatsu cited wrote:
...one problem facing the governors of Jamestown (Virginia) was that Indian life had a considerable attraction for white colonists, and ‘they prescribed the death penalty for running off to live with Indians’...

This was NOT a problem for the French who lived in small groups integrated into the First Nations scattered all across the continent. The Catholic Church and governors simply could not control their choices.

So most of the French chose a First Nations hybrid culture for themselves. And this made the British authorities hate the French even more.

Likewise, NATO white people are made to detest Iranian culture, Muslim religion, Middle Eastern politics, and anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread.
By ckaihatsu
QatzelOk wrote:
This was NOT a problem for the French who lived in small groups integrated into the First Nations scattered all across the continent. The Catholic Church and governors simply could not control their choices.

So most of the French chose a First Nations hybrid culture for themselves. And this made the British authorities hate the French even more.

Likewise, NATO white people are made to detest Iranian culture, Muslim religion, Middle Eastern politics, and anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread.

Agreed -- this geopolitical brinksmanship is getting intolerable, mostly because the system *needs* warfare right now, but world public opinion would never allow it at this point, post-Iraq (etc.), post-Arab-Spring.

The world needs a NATO-vs.-Putin UFC match, or something, to get this shit decided once and for all. (descending from soapbox)

Interesting sidebar.
By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:Likewise, NATO white people are made to detest Iranian culture, Muslim religion, Middle Eastern politics, and anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread.

Let me tell you, "anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread" means the government can arbitrarily induce fear or even confiscation or death to you for not obeying.

If you fucking like Middle East or China so much, I will be very happy to exchange places with you. You do NOT deserve to live in freer places, Lebensunwerten Leben!
By ckaihatsu
Patrickov wrote:
Let me tell you, "anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread" means the government can arbitrarily induce fear or even confiscation or death to you for not obeying.

If you fucking like Middle East or China so much, I will be very happy to exchange places with you. You do NOT deserve to live in freer places, Lebensunwerten Leben!

This is a *red herring* because the private sector is ultimately beholden to national / governmental policy *anyway* (which it has a hand in making), so it's the *government*, even in the U.S., that says 'yes' or 'no' to Disneyland. Take-it-up-with-the-judge.

If a *prospective consumer*, Qatzel over here, makes a certain *characterization* of Disneyland -- or even the entire private sector -- that does *not* mean that he's automatically expressing support for Stalinism, or an authoritarian intrusive police-state.
By QatzelOk
Patrickov wrote:Let me tell you, "anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread" means the government can arbitrarily induce fear or even confiscation or death to you for not obeying.

I didn't realize how attached you were to eating velveeta cheese product on white bread.

But if this really hits a nerve with you... I can see why you would be easily lead to hate anyone who eats less processed and more traditional cuisine.

You are what you eat. And North Americans (and their international immitators) eat almost-poison processed food products.

This includes their mass media consumption, which has mostly replaced the common sense that real communities create through *talking about serious things with neighbors and passers-by*.

This has been totally displaced in many modern suburbs by commercially-created memes that are as fake and poison as processed cheese.

"Iran Protest" syndrome (where all other protests are ignored because not on TV)... is like velveeta cheese in its poisonous lack of integrity.
By Patrickov
ckaihatsu wrote:If a *prospective consumer*, Qatzel over here, makes a certain *characterization* of Disneyland -- or even the entire private sector -- that does *not* mean that he's automatically expressing support for Stalinism, or an authoritarian intrusive police-state.

His stance in the Russia-Ukraine war, which is close to Igor Antunov, Independent_Srpska, ingliz, Negotiator, etc. pretty much betrays what he thinks.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]