Iran Protests - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rich wrote:No Muslims are responsible for the rise of ISIS. Ive been watching the BBC's documentary on the Assad family. The BBC is a major centre for Cultural Marxist propaganda. I don't think it has mentioned Islam once so far. Not a mention of the centuries of oppression that the Alawites have suffered at the hands of the Muslims. You'd think that the whole mess of Syria is just the fault of one bad family. Syria and Iraq hosted some of the leading civilisations on the planet until the Muslims took over and turned them into shit holes.

It's almost as though they assume that people watching a documentary about Syria would have some passing familiarity with the cultural background of it
Rich wrote:No Muslims are responsible for the rise of ISIS. Ive been watching the BBC's documentary on the Assad family. The BBC is a major centre for Cultural Marxist propaganda. I don't think it has mentioned Islam once so far. Not a mention of the centuries of oppression that the Alawites have suffered at the hands of the Muslims. You'd think that the whole mess of Syria is just the fault of one bad family. Syria and Iraq hosted some of the leading civilisations on the planet until the Muslims took over and turned them into shit holes.

I have friends Alawites, some of them are more Muslim then me, red washed Muslim, from Balkan.

The conference of Islamabad has kicked just the Ahmadiyas out! Alawites are Muslims because they have the holy Quran. All Alawites are descendants of Hazreti Ali, Mohammeds descendants wear the black Turban and rule the region... Jesus is in history not even proven he existed.

In the 8th century was Bagdad the center of world, where for example Algebra got invented...

India was during muslim rule the richest country on earth :-) Today Bangladesh (Muslim) is richer then India even Kenya is at same level.

Islam is based in the global South, you have to compare Bosnia, Serbia, and Albania...

In Sub-Saharan Africa the Christian die like flies on AIDS, the Muslims not... You have to compare Latin America with Middle-East... The Whites Atheists, Christians and Muslims will be history within 1 Century. Just we Sandshaks and Chechens are able to reproduce :-)

In Quran is written:" If Allah wanted that we all are same, it would be. Allah created us to compete in good." (Good not warfare)
Last edited by Skynet on 09 Oct 2022 06:47, edited 9 times in total.
Sandzak wrote:
Islam is based in the global South, you have to compare Bosnia, Serbia, and Albania...

---

In an article explicitly referring to Huntington, scholar Amartya Sen (1999) argues that "diversity is a feature of most cultures in the world. Western civilization is no exception. The practice of democracy that has won out in the modern West is largely a result of a consensus that has emerged since the Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution, and particularly in the last century or so. To read in this a historical commitment of the West—over the millennia—to democracy, and then to contrast it with non-Western traditions (treating each as monolithic) would be a great mistake."[28]: 16 

In his 2003 book Terror and Liberalism, Paul Berman argues that distinct cultural boundaries do not exist in the present day. He argues there is no "Islamic civilization" nor a "Western civilization", and that the evidence for a civilization clash is not convincing, especially when considering relationships such as that between the United States and Saudi Arabia. In addition, he cites the fact that many Islamic extremists spent a significant amount of time living or studying in the Western world.

Timothy Garton Ash objects to the 'extreme cultural determinism... crude to the point of parody' of Huntington's idea that Catholic and Protestant Europe is headed for democracy, but that Orthodox Christian and Islamic Europe must accept dictatorship.[30]

Edward Said issued a response to Huntington's thesis in his 2001 article, "The Clash of Ignorance".[31] Said argues that Huntington's categorization of the world's fixed "civilizations" omits the dynamic interdependency and interaction of culture. A longtime critic of the Huntingtonian paradigm, and an outspoken proponent of Arab issues, Said (2004) also argues that the clash of civilizations thesis is an example of "the purest invidious racism, a sort of parody of Hitlerian science directed today against Arabs and Muslims" (p. 293).[32]

Noam Chomsky has criticized the concept of the clash of civilizations as just being a new justification for the United States "for any atrocities that they wanted to carry out", which was required after the Cold War as the Soviet Union was no longer a viable threat.[33]

In 21 Lessons for the 21st Century, Yuval Noah Harari called the clash of civilizations a misleading thesis. He wrote that Islamic fundamentalism is more of a threat to a global civilization, rather than a confrontation with the West. He also argued that talking about civilizations using analogies from evolutionary biology is wrong.[34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_ ... #Criticism
If any place in the Middle East is a "shit hole" it's because of over a century of either British, American, or Western Imperial meddling. In Iran this has been taken to sinister proportions over the last 70 years in particular. Lol.

Actually, @Rich, the Muslims were doing rather well at this whole 'civilisation' thing until the Mongols breezed in and rudely interrupted them.
Potemkin wrote:Actually, @Rich, the Muslims were doing rather well at this whole 'civilisation' thing until the Mongols breezed in and rudely interrupted them.

How do you say rude in Spanish? That is what needs to be learned. Hee hee.

The Mongols did rudely interrupt them. People fail to realize the Muslims were a civilizing factor in Europe for a very long time. Through Spain. Lol.
Potemkin wrote:Actually, @Rich, the Muslims were doing rather well at this whole 'civilisation' thing until the Mongols breezed in and rudely interrupted them.

Well firstly the Mongols never conquered any of Africa, the Levant, the Arabian peninsular or the Delhi Khanate. But even the areas they did conquer, how is that an excuse. The Dar Al-Islam, translated by Cultural Marxists as the House of Peace, was built by the sword. I'd be interested in some genunie analysis of the effects of Islam in the earlier centuries. Do we see for example a significant increase in pottery volume, a good proxy for the civisational level of the masses, as opposed to the superficial of civilisation which can just be due to increased surplice extraction by the new terrorist elite.
Morgan Le Fey wrote:If any place in the Middle East is a "shit hole" it's because of over a century of either British, American, or Western Imperial meddling. In Iran this has been taken to sinister proportions over the last 70 years in particular. Lol.

But even if it were true that Islam had increased the civisational level in its early centuries, that's time long past. On that blessed day Feb 3rd 1488, it was already clear that we European Christians had a far superior culture.

True for the Arabs in the Mashriq. I'd say the Ottomans were pretty good at this "civilization" thing too at some point, but their decadence was a rather slow and drawn out process and not with a bang like in Baghdad.
Its widely regarded by any historian who isn't some "Christian Edgelord" that two factors ended the Islamic Golden Age: Potemkin notes the Mongol invasions, but also the beginning of the first Crusade.

This brought direct conflict with Christians beyond the Byzantine Empire. You can't underestimate the effect of the Mongols on Islamic Civilization by noting lands and locations that weren't wrecked, lol. The point is the Mongol raids caused systemic collapse. Christian revisionism doesn't change that.

Cheerleading religion for being shitty is the height of moral bankruptcy.
wat0n wrote:I'd say the Ottomans were pretty good at this "civilization" thing too at some point, but their decadence was a rather slow and drawn out process and not with a bang like in Baghdad.

I wouldn't. The problem with the Ottoman Empire is that it turtled up after becoming the preeminent Islamic Gunpower nation. Ottoman cannon took down the last remnant of Byzantines, then within a couple hundred years became so conservative the idea of innovating anything was considered taboo!

So the British killed 'em off at the end of WWI and invented the modern Middle Eastern map.
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Its widely regarded by any historian who isn't some "Christian Edgelord"...

Christian revisionism doesn't change that....

Cheerleading religion for being shitty is the height of moral bankruptcy.

I am the forum's leading critique of religion bar none. Let me repeat that! There is no current poster nor has there been for years, who has anywhere close to my record when it comes to criticism of religion. My willingness to expose the lies, hypocrisy and corruption of religion, my willingness to speak truth to power has led to warnings and bans across multiple forums.

:lol: Oh dear! If you imagine I'm a Christian edge lord you are very much mistaken. For years I have argued that its pretty much certain that there was no historical Jesus. That's not my idea, I follow the work of others, but i am the only person as far as I'm aware to point out that the crucifixion is a homosexual BDSM fantasy and the reason St Paul invented it was because he was a homosexual. If you read Paul you will notice that Paul always emphasises the humiliation not the physical pain of Jesus's death.

But it is not just the Abrahamic religions although I am particularly against them, I am for example the leading critique of the the Thai Buddhist establishment and their corrupt relationship with the Thai monarchy on the forum.

But we need to recognise that despite their legion faults, Protestantism was culturally progressive and superior to Catholicism, Catholicism was culturally progressive and superior to the Christian Orthodox although that doesn't justify the fourth crusade or the Crimean War. And Christianity was and is culturally progressive and superior to Islam.
Lots of talk. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm a Pagan Goddess. Freya helps me when I ensure women arrive in Sessrumnir myself.

I don't recognize any religious hierarchy as "superior" to anything. On the contrary, they have all always been the second channel to power, and part and parcel with Monarchies and Democratic tyrants alike.
Sandzak wrote:
@Rich In Quran is written:" Humans without faith are apes without heart."

I think in schools should be mandatory religious education for Christians... for Muslims the contrary, we pray the whole day instead to work.

That would not be allowed in American public schools.

I went to a private school that had church 6 days a week, it gave me time to think about religion. Which resulted in me becoming an atheist.
late wrote:That would not be allowed in American public schools.

I went to a private school that had church 6 days a week, it gave me time to think about religion. Which resulted in me becoming an atheist.

Stalin said the religous school produced more atheists then any secular :-D

But without faith, no children...

I had during communism visit the mosque secretly, with my mom (Dad was a Bolshevik), this was so cool ... people love forbidden stuff

Back to Iran: The Pasdaran (Revolution Guard) will crush any uprising... they are the best trained paramilitary force on the planet
Last edited by Skynet on 11 Oct 2022 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Are you saying Hierarchy is endemic to mankind?

Whether it is or isn't, it doesn't mean we can't work to break them all down.

Conservatives trumpet Neoliberal Republican Democracy, but it was dormant for a 1000+ years.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Are you saying Hierarchy is endemic to mankind?

Hierachy lead us from stone age to the moon.

According Marx there was just in stone age a primitive form of communism.

According George Orwell's "My Catalonia"... had the Anarchists also officers during the Spanish civil war.
Last edited by Skynet on 11 Oct 2022 20:11, edited 3 times in total.

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]