Iran Protests - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By QatzelOk
ckaihatsu wrote:Patrickov, I don't know if you've noticed, but you have *no* rapport with me, either politically or personally. I *don't agree* with your British Empire apologetics, so the rest of your politics *and* your statements don't hold any weight with me.

Please don't make political statements about politics that you know nothing about -- that's called *overreaching*. You're overextended.

The posters who have nothing to add to the conversation have resorted to empty Ad hom.

Their posts are symptoms, and not any kind of contribution to ideas or thread content.

Lost in a world of lies, they can only say "You are too yucky to be listened to!" and then they go back to watching Disney.

Imperial wars count on these people for their dumb support.
By JohnRawls
QatzelOk wrote:The posters who have nothing to add to the conversation have resorted to empty Ad hom.

Their posts are symptoms, and not any kind of contribution to ideas or thread content.

Lost in a world of lies, they can only say "You are too yucky to be listened to!" and then they go back to watching Disney.

Imperial wars count on these people for their dumb support.

Does it irk you that much personally to see somebody suffering the consequences of your ideas put to action?
By Deutschmania
Rancid wrote:50% of the team I manage is Iranian (born, raised, and studied there, got the fuck out). They would disagree with @QatzelOk's position. I don't understand qatz. There must be some sort of psychological disorder.

Going by these two posts in this thread, https://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15253057#p15253057 , https://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15256892#p15256892 , I would suspect that @QatzelOk is resorting to a type of thinly veiled, dog whistle , economic anti-Semitism. I do not want to make such an accusation lightly though, since if true it would mean that he has crossed the line into violating rule number three of this site's terms of service.
3. You are prohibited from transmitting through PoliticsForum any hateful or racially, sexually or ethnically objectionable material. As a guide: You should not attack groups or individuals on the basis of prejudices or stereotypes but only on the basis of their demonstrated actions or beliefs.
But ,with that being said, why is he singling out Goldman-Sachs, a Jewish established financial firm, rather than for example Morgan-Stanley? And why in his second post linked above did he fault Abrahamic religion? This would be ironically strange, given his stance in this thread, as Islam, the religion of the ruling ayatollahs in Iran, is itself Abrahamic. No, I regret to say it, but it would appear to me that by Abrahamic he really is more specifically referencing Judaism. The self proclaimed fascists on this forum have been careful, and thoughtful enough not to express anti-Jewish sentiment, whether or not they personally hold to such attitudes in private. QatzelOK however doesn't seem to be clever enough to be able to discreetly conceal his seeming prejudice. He makes Jeremy Corbyn seem rather innocuous by comparison.
By Rich
@QatzelOk is a Cultural Marxist,he's been a Cultural Marxist for as far back as I can remember although he was perhaps more idiosyncratic in the past. I have laid out the normative Cultural Marxist hierarchy a number of times.

1 Muslims
2 People considered Black
3 The other non European races
4 All the other "oppressed" groups
5 Women

But how can this be if Cultural Marxism is not a giant conspiracy? How can this be if there is no explicit Cultural Marxist party? How can this be when there has never been any Cultural Marxist equivalent of the Comintern? To understand Cultural Marxism you have to understand original Marxism. Original Marxism was always an ideology of the Middle Class and the Elite, albeit one that for a considerable period of time had a very considerable following amongst urban manual workers. The so called workers, the so called urban proletariat were only ever a vehicle. And when the vehicle no longer served its purpose it was abandoned.

The Cultural Marxist phenomena begins way back, way before the Frankfurt School. We see it with James Connelly, where he substitutes Irish nationalism for proletarian internationalism and we see it in the writings of Lenin after 1905 prior to the outbreak of the 1917 revolution. Sharia Muslims and the no longer Communist Chinese Communist party in 2022 are by far and away the leading opponents of the established order, so its inevitable that they will attract the devotions of the disaffected.
By ckaihatsu
Rich wrote:
Original Marxism was always an ideology of the Middle Class and the Elite, albeit one that for a considerable period of time had a very considerable following amongst urban manual workers. The so called workers, the so called urban proletariat were only ever a vehicle. And when the vehicle no longer served its purpose it was abandoned.

Rich, *is* there an urban proletariat, or are they *fictitious*, 'so called' workers -- ?

= D
By QatzelOk
Deutschmania wrote:... I would suspect that @QatzelOk is resorting to a type of thinly veiled, dog whistle , economic anti-Semitism. ...

Rich wrote:@QatzelOk is a Cultural Marxist,he's been a Cultural Marxist for as far back as I can remember although he was perhaps more idiosyncratic in the past. ...

Both of these posts are slightly-more-sophisticated Ad hominem. Rather than asking "Are the Iranian protests really coming from the Iranian people?", the Ad hominem-addicts ask: "Can we trust anyone who suggests that they are not?"

► Show Spoiler
By Istanbuller
I am not sure about newses about Iran. They just might be fake considering anti-Iran bias in the West. Plus, possibility of an unrest in a authoritarian state like Iran comes to me not really possible. The state can just crash it easily anytime it wants.

News outlets like CNN and BBC are so eager to show unreal things like they are actual things.
By ckaihatsu
Istanbuller wrote:
I am not sure about newses about Iran. They just might be fake considering anti-Iran bias in the West. Plus, possibility of an unrest in a authoritarian state like Iran comes to me not really possible. The state can just crash it easily anytime it wants.

News outlets like CNN and BBC are so eager to show unreal things like they are actual things.

Cursing-the-darkness instead of lighting a candle -- ?

Iran accused of stealing bodies of slain protesters as families rush to reclaim loved ones

https://abcnews.go.com/International/ir ... d=94343370
By QatzelOk
ckaihatsu wrote:Cursing-the-darkness instead of lighting a candle -- ?

Istanbuller's candle (which you didn't succeed in extinguishing) is that our media is so biased against certain *races* that it can't be trusted.

(I use the word "race" to underline how backwards and medieval our media's worldview is)
By Patrickov
ckaihatsu wrote:Patrickov, I don't know if you've noticed, but you have *no* rapport with me, either politically or personally. I *don't agree* with your British Empire apologetics, so the rest of your politics *and* your statements don't hold any weight with me.

Please don't make political statements about politics that you know nothing about -- that's called *overreaching*. You're overextended.

You can always shut up instead of making personal attacks, especially when I was summarising someone else's standings rather than asserting my own, in that particular post at least.
By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:Istanbuller's candle (which you didn't succeed in extinguishing) is that our media is so biased against certain *races* that it can't be trusted.

(I use the word "race" to underline how backwards and medieval our media's worldview is)

Race do affect how people do things, but aside from "who is more capable of making and maintaining a good political system", they are merely statistical facts.

Genuine differential treatment based on race is downright wrong. Most public racists are for other objectives and they should just honestly say so.
By Patrickov
JohnRawls wrote:Does it irk you that much personally to see somebody suffering the consequences of your ideas put to action?

Let it be known that such hatred (or evil excitement), if exists, is bi-directional.
By QatzelOk
Patrickov wrote:...Genuine differential treatment based on race is downright wrong. Most public racists are for other objectives and they should just honestly say so.

I'm glad to see you acknowledge this. Because there are many protests going on in the world right now, but our media is: Iran-Iran-Iran! Protest-protest-protest!

This is targetting, and not reporting.
By ckaihatsu
QatzelOk wrote:
Istanbuller's candle (which you didn't succeed in extinguishing) is that our media is so biased against certain *races* that it can't be trusted.

So of all the culture warriors here, who's left -- ?

IB, BS, PF, Patrickov, right -- ?

I think they enjoyed religious hegemony for a few centuries after the fall of Rome, but then the *Muslim* religion was an unacceptable, rival spin-off, especially around Jerusalem.

*These* sour grapes are over a millennium old -- ! (grin)
By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:I'm glad to see you acknowledge this. Because there are many protests going on in the world right now, but our media is: Iran-Iran-Iran! Protest-protest-protest!

There's also a hot thread on protests in China.

Those two are newsworthy exactly because those two countries go for immense length not to let protests happen at all.
In countries like yours, protests are so common that reporting them all (in equal weight) will quickly make your local news outlet run out of space (paper and / or time).

Seriously, are you that blind?
By Patrickov
ckaihatsu wrote:The GOP’s Christian Supremacy Problem

(sorry I did not bother to watch the video, but I already have something to say on the title)

As ironically as it may sound, the supremacy of Christian countries may be related to their distancing -- though not severing (otherwise they will be China) -- from their religion.

Similarly, the best way to achieve MAGA (which, to me, is a fundamentally right cause) is to stop asserting MAGA. (This is related as the quoted message was about the GOP)
By QatzelOk
Patrickov wrote:There's also a hot thread on protests in China.

Those two are newsworthy exactly because ...

When Canada had protests last year, the government of Canada cut off the protester's access to their own money in their bank accounts. How many threads were started in this site about that? How many pages did the thread get?

Here is what you wrote in that thread about the poster who sided with the protesters:

Patrickov wrote:...the Anti-West pro-dictatorship propagandist...

And China, like Iran, is yet another "target" of Western banks. They are worried that, now that China's economy is huge, China could stop dealing with the West's *family* banks that rip off everyone else and start wars to keep their scams running.

(look up "usury" and "hegemony" if you don't know what these words mean)
Last edited by QatzelOk on 04 Dec 2022 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
By ckaihatsu
Patrickov wrote:
(sorry I did not bother to watch the video, but I already have something to say on the title)

As ironically as it may sound, the supremacy of Christian countries may be related to their distancing -- though not severing (otherwise they will be China) -- from their religion.

I'm all for the separation of state and church, and *all* civil rights / civil liberties.

'Supremacy', though -- ?

The backward go forward

All these accounts miss an obvious point. Europe’s very backwardness encouraged people to adopt new ways of wresting a livelihood from elsewhere. Slowly, over many centuries, they began to apply techniques already known in China, India, Egypt, Mesopotamia and southern Spain. There was a corresponding slow but cumulative change in the social relations of society as a whole, just as there had been in Sung China or the Abbasid caliphate. But this time it happened without the enormous dead weight of an old imperial superstructure to smother continued advance. The very backwardness of Europe allowed it to leapfrog over the great empires.

Harman, _People's History of the World_, p. 141

---

Patrickov wrote:
Similarly, the best way to achieve MAGA (which, to me, is a fundamentally right cause) is to stop asserting MAGA. (This is related as the quoted message was about the GOP)

- Quick, cheap answer: Brilliant.

- Standard-type answer: I happen to be *granular* over the issues, anyway, so I don't pre-judge as to 'labels', etc.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or frien[…]

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]