Average American Rightwinger Attacks Nancy Pelosi Thread - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The events of Jan 6 havent been backed by any republicans whatsoever - because it was a setup and not even the demonstrators knew they would do it. If they wanted to defend the capitol, they could have easily done it. As they've done often before, for example during black lifes matter protests, when the capitol was defended by swarms of soldiers. They didnt want defend the capitol. They put a couple policemen with no backup there. They knew the demonstrations would happen. They wanted an excuse to get rid of Trump.

About the story of the thread, I will bother to comment when theres an official story about it that makes any sense at all. Or at least a conspiracy theory that makes sense. Even the identity of the attacker changes all the time.
Negotiator wrote:
The events of Jan 6 havent been backed by any republicans whatsoever

---

After the 2020 United States presidential election, the campaign for incumbent President Donald Trump and others filed and lost at least 63 lawsuits[1] contesting election processes, vote counting, and the vote certification process in multiple states, including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.[2] Among the judges who dismissed the lawsuits were some appointed by Trump himself.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-elec ... l_election
Rancid wrote:Those that seek to undermine the system itself, should not be afforded protection under it. If you want to destroy the system that gives you freedom of speech, then you should not be allowed to have freedom of speech. It is simple, and it's not contradictory for someone who believes in the concept of democracy to say such. you are too brain dead to understand this.

So yes, I'm for democracy, and those that are against it, must be imprisoned. There is no contradiction.

Rather, you are putting forward bad faith arguments for anti-democratic forces the globe over. Fuck them, and fuck you.

Most people are anti democratic, its just a matter of degree. I mean unless you're going to argue that Hitler and Stalin were democrats, but that they just wanted a reduced electorate of one. The overwhelming majority of people either out and out oppose, or make no effort to support full democracy, which is:

1 Full adult suffrage, regardless of race, colour, creed, sex, criminal history or country of origin.
2 Fully proportional equal weighted voting.
3 A fixed yearly elected world parliament.
Rich wrote:Most people are anti democratic, its just a matter of degree. I mean unless you're going to argue that Hitler and Stalin were democrats,

Lol

I accept your challenge. Hitler and Stalin were both advocates of Demokrikatas in its purest form: one Greek citizen, one Greek vote.

Come at me, bro.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol

I accept your challenge. Hitler and Stalin were both advocates of Demokrikatas in its purest form: one Greek citizen, one Greek vote.

On reflection it was a bad example. A better example would be the Holy Roman Empire. You could argue that it was a democracy, although it only had seven voters and elections were not at fixed dates and often infrequent. I believe office holders were limited to a single term, which some people see as bigoted discrimination against dead people. I believe North Korea has over come this outdated prejudice that dead people are not fit to hold high government office.

To put it more seriously we need to be much more careful in our use of terminology. Democracy and universal suffrage democracy are often conflated. Britain before the 1832 reform act was a genuine democracy, even if the Holy Roman Empire was not. It was a constitutional (even if its constitution wasn't formalised in one place) monarchist democracy. Obviously it was not universal adult or even a universal male adult democracy. But then it wasn't pretending to be such.
Last edited by Rich on 04 Nov 2022 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
ckaihatsu wrote:---

Its amusing how you cut away most of my argument and yet you cannot even answer to the obvious fact I start with.

Nobody could back the "coup" because nobody even knew about it. Except the people who arranged this setup in the first place, but those havent been the protesters.
Negotiator wrote:
The events of Jan 6 havent been backed by any republicans whatsoever - because it was a setup and not even the demonstrators knew they would do it. If they wanted to defend the capitol, they could have easily done it. As they've done often before, for example during black lifes matter protests, when the capitol was defended by swarms of soldiers. They didnt want defend the capitol. They put a couple policemen with no backup there. They knew the demonstrations would happen. They wanted an excuse to get rid of Trump.

About the story of the thread, I will bother to comment when theres an official story about it that makes any sense at all. Or at least a conspiracy theory that makes sense. Even the identity of the attacker changes all the time.

---

Negotiator wrote:
Its amusing how you cut away most of my argument and yet you cannot even answer to the obvious fact I start with.

Nobody could back the "coup" because nobody even knew about it. Except the people who arranged this setup in the first place, but those havent been the protesters.

I happen to *agree* with your comparison.

Accusations of differential treatment

News outlets fact-checked[214] and described harsher tactics and differential treatment of racial injustice protests in D.C. during the prior summer by law enforcement compared to those used against the Capitol rioters, although admittedly with missing context.[215][216][217][218] According to CNN, police had arrested 61 people on the day of the storming; eclipsing all but one day of protests the previous summer, where 316 Black Lives Matter protesters were arrested on June 1, 2020.[219] Rioters who were arrested after the storming tended to be charged with less serious crimes than those arrested in racial injustice protests.[219][220]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enfor ... _treatment

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]