Democrat Control Freaks Want To Ban Gas Stoves - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Istanbuller wrote:
Yes, but if you are living in a dictatorship or authoritarian state. This is probably what Democrats call for.

Wrong twice.

Societies need order, and here the guys that want an authoritarian state are Republicans. They aren't even subtle about it.

Btw, most Libertarians are Right wing, but are attracted to strong government. One famous libertarian worked for Nixon, who quietly harbored authoritarian intentions.

If they had self awareness, they'd give themselves a concussion slapping their forehead when they figured it out.

late wrote:Wrong twice.

Societies need order, and here the guys that want an authoritarian state are Republicans. They aren't even subtle about it.

Btw, most Libertarians are Right wing, but are attracted to strong government. One famous libertarian worked for Nixon, who quietly harbored authoritarian intentions.

If they had self awareness, they'd give themselves a concussion slapping their forehead when they figured it out.

Democrats are much more authoritarian in comparison with Republicans. Republican Party has a big faction inside it which have a strong will in small state, free market capitalism and freedom. This is exactly the opposite of authortarianism.
BlutoSays wrote:Just go away, lefties....

Biden Administration Considers Banning Gas Stoves over Health Concerns

Brittany Bernstein, Yahoo News
Mon, January 9, 2023 at 11:38 AM EST·2 min read

A federal agency may look to ban gas stoves over concern about the release of pollutants that can cause health and respiratory problems, according to a new report.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is set to open public comment on the dangers of gas stoves sometime this winter. The commission could set standards on emissions from the gas stoves, or even look to ban the manufacture or import of the appliances, commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. told Bloomberg News.

“This is a hidden hazard,” Trumka told the outlet. “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned.” 

The stoves, which are used in about 40 percent of homes in the U.S., emit pollutants including nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide and fine particulate matter at levels deemed unsafe by the EPA and World Health Organization. The emissions have been linked to illness, cardiovascular problems, cancer, and other health conditions. More than 12 percent of current childhood asthma cases are linked to gas stove use, according to peer-reviewed research published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health last month.

Senator Cory Booker (D., N.J.) and Representative Don Beyer (D., Va.) wrote a letter to the agency last month urging the commission to address the issue and calling the harmful emissions a “cumulative burden” on black, Latino and low-income households. 

However, the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers argues that cooking produces harmful emissions regardless of the kind of stove used.

“Ventilation is really where this discussion should be, rather than banning one particular type of technology,” Jill Notini, a vice president at the association, told Bloomberg. “Banning one type of a cooking appliance is not going to address the concerns about overall indoor air quality. We may need some behavior change, we may need [people] to turn on their hoods when cooking.” 

The American Gas Association similarly argued against a ban.

“The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and EPA do not present gas ranges as a significant contributor to adverse air quality or health hazard in their technical or public information literature, guidance, or requirements,” Karen Harbert, the group’s president, told the outlet. “The most practical, realistic way to achieve a sustainable future where energy is clean, as well as safe, reliable and affordable, is to ensure it includes natural gas and the infrastructure that transports it.”

Hat Tip: https://news.yahoo.com/biden-administra ... 29836.html

Not sure how having or not having gas stove and replacing it with electric matters.

Governments have banned or restricted things for a long time and usually for a good reason. In case of a gas stove, frankly I don't think that it would matter one way or the other. I mean I honestly wouldn't care either way in the larger scheme of things. If they banned electric and let only gas stoves then also who cares.

Also I think that this is something that the government shouldn't really be discussing also. Aren't there bigger problems around to solve besides gas stoves. I mean I would get it, if it was a major contributor to global warming and gas consumption but its not. Factories, people and cattle emit far more greenhouse gases then gas stoves. This is not even close to fuel de-leading, nowhere even close. Health benefits are small, carbon emission benefits are small etc. You can always replace your gas stove with electric one when renewable in one form or the other becomes better.
Istanbuller wrote:
Democrats are much more authoritarian in comparison with Republicans. Republican Party has a big faction inside it which have a strong will in small state, free market capitalism and freedom. This is exactly the opposite of authortarianism.

Dream on.

Yes, that's what Republicans say, but not what they do.

In fact, most of the time they are the opposite of that, like on Jan 6 when they attempted a coup to put Trump back in power as a dictator.
late wrote:Dream on.

Yes, that's what Republicans say, but not what they do.

In fact, most of the time they are the opposite of that, like on Jan 6 when they attempted a coup to put Trump back in power as a dictator.

They are still much better than Democrats. Remember that it was Democrats who called 2016 election result as "invalid" and "stolen". Most Democrats are election deniers including the house minority leader who called Trump "fake president".
Istanbuller wrote:They are still much better than Democrats. Remember that it was Democrats who called 2016 election result as "invalid" and "stolen". Most Democrats are election deniers including the house minority leader who called Trump "fake president".

To be fair the Democrats fought their way back in 2020, and by 2022 Trump is more or less a past tense. You seem to be the only one still cling on him -- even Bluto knows attacking his enemies is more important.
Istanbuller wrote:
They are still much better than Democrats. Remember that it was Democrats who called 2016 election result as "invalid" and "stolen". Most Democrats are election deniers including the house minority leader who called Trump "fake president".

It was the Trump crowd that did Jan 6...

Both sides complained, but Republicans continually try to screw with voting because they know they are a minority party, and completely corrupt. They are also far too friendly with Russians.

In terms of which is better, Biden got things done, and he didn't constantly lie and whine...
late wrote:It was the Trump crowd that did Jan 6...

Both sides complained, but Republicans continually try to screw with voting because they know they are a minority party, and completely corrupt. They are also far too friendly with Russians.

In terms of which is better, Biden got things done, and he didn't constantly lie and whine...

The Democrats crowd did 150 days of the "Summer of Love" burning, looting and attacking law enforcement and public/private property.

Democrats continually find large dumps of ballots and then feign stupidity months later as investigations are going on. Biden is far too friendly with the Chinese. He's constantly getting money from them and washing it for favors.

President Jina :lol: https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/ ... Center.pdf

Biden is senile AF and has made us a laughing stock. Our borders are being overrun, Biden left more military shit for the Taliban than many countries, and Bidenomics has been pure shit with rampant inflation.

He's probably not even running the show. It's Ron Klain, Jake Sullivan, Susan Rice and a bunch of other sleazy DNC motherfuckers who he freely admits tell him who he may and may not talk to and call on in press conferences. Gee, I wonder what other things these unelected leftist bureaucrats are running?
Last edited by BlutoSays on 18 Jan 2023 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
Hey @BlutoSays you didn't answer @Rancid Question.

Why isn't banning abortion the same issue as banning gas stoves?

Answer up, you're on the clock.

Istanbuller wrote:They are still much better than Democrats. Remember that it was Democrats who called 2016 election result as "invalid" and "stolen". Most Democrats are election deniers including the house minority leader who called Trump "fake president".

A Willing Dupe. That's your bag dewd. You're a willing dupe if you buy this line of horse patatootie for one hot red second. I say take some shots of whiskey and go yell at the teeneagers to stay off your lawn.

I'm no Democrat, but according to the rules put forth by the US election laws, Trump won 2016. I've not heard one single Democrat challenge this, yet here you are making it up.

Please link me to one Democrat who has said what you said they said. I can't wait for it.

Are you a Turk or just running around with that name ? (I'm asking for background context)

(edit- Fixed spelling errors, and removed a "light" ad-hom, that in fairness may have inflamed another user)
Last edited by Morgan Le Fey on 19 Jan 2023 00:33, edited 2 times in total.
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Hey @BlutoSays you didn't answer @Rancid Question.

Why isn't banning abortion the same issue as banning gas stoves?

Answer up, you're on the clock.

A Willing Dupe. That's your bag dewd. You're a willing dupe if you buy this line of horse patatootie for one hot red second. I say take some shots of whiskey and go yell at the teeneagers to stay off your lawn.

I'm no Democrat, but according to the rules put forth by the US election laws, Trump won 2016. I've not heard one single Democrat challenge this, yet here you are making it up.

Please link me to one Democrat who has said what you said they said. I can't wait for it.

Are you a Turk or just running around with that name ? (I'm asking for background context)

(edit- Fixed spelling errors, and removed a "light" ad-hom, that in fairness may have inflamed another user)

Morgey! Having people's posts deleted when you look like an ass?

As YOU requested...

Here's a great video on the subject. Very level headed, and shows how ridiculous the @BlutoSays over-reaction is.

Lines up with my overall point, that a ban isn't coming any time soon. Doesn't make sense.

ALso, the body that would actually regulate gas stoves completely voted down the idea of even considering any sort of regulation on it. SOmething the MAGA morons are ignoring.

Morgan Le Fey wrote:Hey @BlutoSays you didn't answer @Rancid Question.

Don't bother, I didn't expect him to answer it. Even a base level of logic is missing in him.
@BlutoSays

Oh Booger! I didn't ask for your post to be deleted. You made that happen by posting in a substandard manner. I suggest you use this as a learning and growing experience rather than further entrenching yourself in your being a victim. Let's not forget you insulted me, you poor abused man and I SELF-Edited what I intended as a political dig, to make sure I was upholding the standard I asked for ;)

Now, I want a link in their own words that don't originate with your right-wing disinformation apparatus. My link is from CNN, it's true. But the sources cited are well-known and verified and nothing is in question.

Your only defense thus far is "Hill-Dawg" did it too, which is right-wing equivalence. Again, fine. If she stole $3k from some homeless guy's dog's surgery fund let's all heckle her for the ghoul she is. Right beside this Santos.

Edit- Oh geez dude, you didn't even post in the same thread!

This is Bluto's fault for *surprise* not being able to follow forum posting guidelines. What a surprise the law and order Republican's *actual* lifestyle is all about breaking and bending rules! :knife:

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]