Hamilton 68 was a psy ops - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

User avatar
By QatzelOk
#15263355
Joe Lauria wrote:CN Editor Named on Secret ‘Disinfo’ List

CN Editor Joe Lauria was one of 644 Twitter accounts that secretly formed part of Hamilton 68’s fake “dashboard” that wrongly influenced major media about alleged “Russian influence.”

The editor of this website is part of a secret list created by the organization Hamilton 68 that was fed to major media and Congress to identify so-called “Russian accounts” that were “sowing discord” in the United States.

The list of 644 Twitter accounts was shared with Twitter executives who were unable to prove any links to Russia, reported Matt Taibbi in his latest installment of the Twitter Files on Friday.

“This was digital McCarthyism, taking people with dissident or unconventional opinions and mass-accusing them of ‘Un-American activities,’” writes Taibbi.

Hamilton 68 was created in 2017 by Clint Watts, a former F.B.I. counterintelligence officer and MSNBC analyst as a project of the German Marshall Fund and the Alliance for Securing Democracy (ASD), a bipartisan think-tank. ...


***

Matt Taibbi wrote:Move Over, Jayson Blair: Meet Hamilton 68, the New King of Media Fraud

The Twitter Files reveal that one of the most common news sources of the Trump era was a scam, making ordinary American political conversations look like Russian spywork

Ambitious media frauds Stephen Glass and Jayson Blair crippled the reputations of the New Republic and New York Times, respectively, by slipping years of invented news stories into their pages. Thanks to the Twitter Files, we can welcome a new member to their infamous club: Hamilton 68. ...


***

So it turns out that the hundreds of Twitter accounts that were shut down by Hamilton 68... were mostly a psy ops to discredit non-commercial-media voices by removing them entirely. This is similar to McCarthism... an American fascist trend from 70 years ago. It has never gone away under our "free" capitalist system.
#15263372
late wrote:I don't trust Taibbi.

What about Joe Lauria?

What about the hundreds of other non-mainstream writers who were labeled "Russian disinfo" and shadow-banned?

Do I need someone to "protect" me from journalists that you don't trust? What about all the intentionally manipulative advertising that children are exposed to each day. Should advertising be shadow-banned? They are obviously and blatantly non-trustworthy, and children are so naive....

Or do you support "protecting adults" from different points of view than the mainstream PRAVDA one?
By late
#15263383
QatzelOk wrote:
What about Joe Lauria?

What about the hundreds of other non-mainstream writers who were labeled "Russian disinfo" and shadow-banned?

Do I need someone to "protect" me from journalists that you don't trust? What about all the intentionally manipulative advertising that children are exposed to each day. Should advertising be shadow-banned? They are obviously and blatantly non-trustworthy, and children are so naive....

Or do you support "protecting adults" from different points of view than the mainstream PRAVDA one?



"The Constitution is not a suicide pact."
#15263534
late wrote:"The Constitution is not a suicide pact."


It killed 150 nations. It was a Homicide pact.

And all those genocides happened because... the USA is a military colony that is fed lies.

What a disaster for the world.
By late
#15264516
QatzelOk wrote:
It killed 150 nations. It was a Homicide pact.

And all those genocides happened because... the USA is a military colony that is fed lies.

What a disaster for the world.



And now we're back to changing the subject.

Russia has interfered with a lot of countries...
#15264529
late wrote:And now we're back to changing the subject.

Russia has interfered with a lot of countries...


Like how they interfered with Germany by destroying its underwater pipeline?

Oh wait, that was NATO, destroying its own.

I guess NATO countries are "free" to destroy one another's basic infrastructure. Unlike those other "authority regimes" who are building high-speed rail and helping poorer countries to develop their infra.
By late
#15264561
QatzelOk wrote:
Like how they interfered with Germany by destroying its underwater pipeline?



I think Russia destroyed their pipelines with the idea of forcing the West to drop most or all sanctions. The mild winter ruined those plans.

All you're doing now is Whataboutism.

If Putin can't have Ukraine, he intends to destroy it. Not only is he attacking infrastructure, like hospitals, he's destroying farms.

You badly need to get better informed.
#15264593
late wrote:I think Russia destroyed their pipelines with the idea of forcing the West to drop most or all sanctions. The mild winter ruined those plans.

All you're doing now is Whataboutism.

If Putin can't have Ukraine, he intends to destroy it. Not only is he attacking infrastructure, like hospitals, he's destroying farms.

You badly need to get better informed.

Even now that you know that this source of information Hamilton68 - was just lies fabricated by the deep state, you still want to believe everything else they tell you? If your master kicked you in the nose really hard, would you still chase sticks for him?

That we teach our children to "believe" in Santa Claus, and then reward them with gifts for their gullibility... doesn't mean that being docile is always rewarding. It just means that being docile has been connected to child-rearing in our militarized culture.
By late
#15264641
QatzelOk wrote:
Even now that you know that this source of information Hamilton68 - was just lies fabricated by the deep state...



Do you have any idea how pathetic that looks??
#15264658
late wrote:Do you have any idea how pathetic that looks??

I don't follow trends that "tell me" that particular information is "pathetic."

I try to use my own perception of "right and wrong."

And knowing that Hamilton68 was all media lies, produced by political insiders, aimed at manipulating public opinion towards causes that only help the 1%.... means that most of the information that you trendily and non-pathetically share on this site... is lie-based and has an ulterior motive.

Want to insist that Santa Claus existsTM, and that I won't get any presents if I don't concur?
By late
#15264664
QatzelOk wrote:

I try to use my own perception of "right and wrong."




You lunge at any bit of crap that tells you what you want to hear.
#15264670
late wrote:You lunge at any bit of crap that tells you what you want to hear.

I read a lot of media that I don't like, that doesn't speak to me, that seems trashy and transparently false.

And I read a lto of media that I like, that speaks to me, and that seems credible and true.

They're both important sources of perspective.

But reading that a particular "issue" that was front and center in American media and politics was based on lies that were fabricated by political and media institutions... is more important than which media brands covered this story.

Remember, stories that trash mainstream media are unlikely to take up a lot of column space in same.
#15264681
QatzelOk wrote:I read a lot of media that I don't like, that doesn't speak to me, that seems trashy and transparently false.

And I read a lto of media that I like, that speaks to me, and that seems credible and true.


What about the media you read makes it seem trashy versus credible? Is it that they do or don't tell you want you want to hear, or is there something more deep/objective?
#15264819
Rancid wrote:What about the media you read makes it seem trashy versus credible? Is it that they do or don't tell you want you want to hear, or is there something more deep/objective?

It's mainly the demographic that each media targets that makes some seem trashier than others.

And media "target" particular demographics in order to be able to provide advertisers with the kind of "market" that they seek. Dumb people, uptight people, rednecks from Alberta, snotty gays from big cities, intellectuals who live with their parents, grade 10 dropouts who own campgrounds, etc.

Each of these groups will *fall for different lies-manipulations* than other groups.

Hamilton68, on the other hand, is a top-down, government-funded lie that all media were expected to parrot. This is the kind of *dictatorship of lies* that the USA accuses North Korea of.
#15264987
@QatzelOk you know your boy that founded the wagner group admitted he started up a troll farm to manipulate US election right?
#15264990
This is why I didn't watch the State of the Union. Why would I feed my brain lies? The POTUS can't lie about his vetos nor Congress their votes, we have it in writing.

3 deals later & these Tory muppets are still f[…]

I don't think someone like Oprah should have mu[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

In the meantime, it might soon become illegal to […]

Simple politics, end of the day. Trying to win ove[…]