Arrest Warrant! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Morgan Le Fey
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/17/politics ... index.html

ICC COPs: Alright Mr Putin, put down the Pa'lonium! Step away from the Kremlin, Mr Putin PUT DOWN THAT ICBM LAUNCHER YOU SON OF A....

Putin: *Tee Hee* *Pushes button*

*Mr Putin disappears in a puff of smoke as the entire world is showered with nuclear warheads*

ICC Cops: Well Damn, I feel kind of sick, having trouble breathing... Pa'loni... *Thump*
By Rich
Russia downs a drone. Two days later the ICC issues an arrest warrant for Putin. They sure wanted the world to know that their America's bitch. If America wants to seize people from anywhere in the world, enslave , torture and cage them without trial, the ICC's just fine with it. The American President has no worries that they'll issue an arrest warrant for him. They won't be issuing an arrest warrant for the leader of Saudi Arabia either.

No we don't need to give too much credence to the hypocritical filth at the ICC.
By late
Rich wrote:
Russia downs a drone. Two days later the ICC issues an arrest warrant for Putin. They sure wanted the world to know that their America's bitch. If America wants to seize people from anywhere in the world, enslave , torture and cage them without trial, the ICC's just fine with it. The American President has no worries that they'll issue an arrest warrant for him. They won't be issuing an arrest warrant for the leader of Saudi Arabia either.

No we don't need to give too much credence to the hypocritical filth at the ICC.

The basic reason for law is the need for order.

There are other priorities, but that's the reason for it's existence. The ICC wants Putin because he threatens that order. Hell, WW3 threatens everything, and everybody.

But it is interesting that Putin, who seems to enjoy killing, doesn't also receive your condemnation.

Curiouser and curiouser...
By Rich
late wrote:But it is interesting that Putin, who seems to enjoy killing, doesn't also receive your condemnation.

Curiouser and curiouser...

I don't go round condemning people just for killing people. I don't condemn the United States or Britain for blowing up buildings with or with out "innocent people inside". I don't critics Israel for blowing up buildings in the conflict with Hamas. However after 9/11 I was appalled by the hypocrisy of the Western world, when suddenly blowing up buildings became an illegitimate tactic of war. Of course then I would get morons accusing me of being a secret Muslim supporter, despite the fact that I've had warnings and possibly even bans from multiple fora because of my criticisms of Islam.

The ICC should be treated with contempt because they are parasites on conflict who do nothing to solve conflict or to deter people from committing atrocities. I was one of the most vociferous supporters of regime change in Iraq. But that doesn't mean that I would have supported the ICC sticking their nose into things. If Saddam had left Iraq and lived out the rest of his days in peace and luxury that would have actually have been a good thing, and although it would not have ended conflict in Iraq would probably have saved some lives.

International law is a lie and actually brings the rule of law, real rule of law that does exist however imperfectly, inside nation states, into disrepute. if you check back through my posts I think will find I've always been consistent on this. There can be no real international law without a world state with a monopoly on violence.
Last edited by Rich on 18 Mar 2023 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
By ThirdTerm
The ICC said that there were "reasonable grounds to believe that each suspect bears responsibility for the war crime of unlawful deportation of population and that of unlawful transfer of population from occupied areas of Ukraine to the Russian Federation, in prejudice of Ukrainian children." I remember that Ukrainian citizens voluntarily fled from Ukraine as the war broke out and Russia helped some of them come to Russia because reaching a third country from eastern Ukraine was next to impossible, when humanitarian corridors were opened up. There were at least 43 facilities for Ukrainian orphans in Russian-controlled territory, who were later "placed with Russian foster families or in some form of adoption system." Russia obviously had good intentions when it saved these Ukrainian orphans, who could have been killed in a war zone. Some of them were allowed to return to Ukraine, which accuses Russia for kidnapping them. Russia has done its best to minimize civilian casualties on the ground. The war could have been won easily by conducting area bombing on Kiev, which could have killed tens of thousands of civilians. Strategic bombing is designed to destroy a country’s ability to wage war by demoralizing civilians and targeting infrastructure essential for the production and supply of war materials.

Russian TV has aired images of Ukrainian children in Russian-controlled territory, claiming they have been saved, rather than abducted.

In one clip, Russia's children's rights commissioner is seen telling Vladimir Putin personally that Russian citizens "have big hearts, and are lining up to take the children."

"Very good," responds the Russian leader, vowing to eliminate any delays in the process.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-ne ... -children/
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 18 Mar 2023 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
Rich's opinion is based on right wing American Isolationism which has continued in the right since at least the refusal to join Wilson's League of Nations.

I personally think the impotence completely renders the ICC performative.

Further, For far different reasons than Rich, I see hypocrisy here too. For me, it's more about Bush doing Iraq and Turning Afghanistan into Vietnam II with free passes from this body, while Putin will likely hang like Saddam did eventually.

Also the US right is still in the grips of influence by Russian disinformation ops. This also fuels support for Putin and other Tyrannies Like Florida.

Until Fox News is forced to change its name to Republican Cheerleader Behind Desks and all the nerds disappear from the internet it'll prolly continue.
By XogGyux
Rich wrote:Russia downs a drone. Two days later the ICC issues an arrest warrant for Putin. They sure wanted the world to know that their America's bitch. If America wants to seize people from anywhere in the world, enslave , torture and cage them without trial, the ICC's just fine with it. The American President has no worries that they'll issue an arrest warrant for him. They won't be issuing an arrest warrant for the leader of Saudi Arabia either.

Let me get this straight. The guy starts an unprovoked war, sends soldiers that kill, rape and torture civilians, orders the bombardment of civilian infrastructure and living spaces and somehow you are trying to flip this on its face to make it America's fault? What the fuck have you been smoking?

Oh, BTW fuck Putin. We should put russia in the list of states sponsors of terrorism and refuse to talk to them, interact with them in any fashion and participate in any world forum/meeting that they attend until they get a leader that is not a war criminal. How many of you would sit on the table and exchange pleasantries for thanksgiving across a spouse that tortured, killed and raped your children?
Fuck that guy, diplomacy is dirty but this is getting out of hand. What happened to "we do not negotiate with terrorists"?
By Rancid
Putin is a real shithead.

I mean overall, this is just symbolic. Still, it's good to see the message being made. Was Putin going to travel to any of the nations that would extradite him after this war? Probably not.
Rancid wrote:Putin is a real shithead.

I mean overall, this is just symbolic. Still, it's good to see the message being made. Was Putin going to travel to any of the nations that would extradite him after this war? Probably not.

Yeah, my issue is not in taking down Captain Polonium. Its the performance passing as substance I'm calling out.

Its telling that the war crime was the forced relocation of Ukrainians, and not many of the other possible issues the ICC could have pressed.
By MadMonk
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Yeah, my issue is not in taking down Captain Polonium. Its the performance passing as substance I'm calling out.

Its telling that the war crime was the forced relocation of Ukrainians, and not many of the other possible issues the ICC could have pressed.

The ICC have a history of being biased and chasing low hanging fruit perhaps, especially in regards to Africa. I do find it funny though, that they launched a major investigation in 2020 into war crimes that have been committed in Afghanistan and it would focus on all parties involved. This provoked the United States and the Trump Administration to the point of attacking and sanctioning the court and its members.

Maybe they do have some spine after all. :)
By Patrickov
This effectively means whoever in support of Putin's regime, even on the surface, can also be targeted as they are crime collaborators.

Yes, I am talking about China, and of course smaller rouge countries like North Korea and Iran.

Even India / Saudi Arabia may also be seen as complicit in some sense.
By XogGyux
Unthinking Majority wrote:I will like seeing Trump in cuffs. That goes for a lot of politicians. I hope someone gets footage.

Not that I think it will happen (i wish) but I can picture law enforcement going out of their way to take cameras out to give some privacy and do it in the most discrete possible way, and then trump and his crew starting to make shit up and forcing the hand of police releasing their bodycam and/or Mago-Largo security cams showing the shitshow :lol: hilarious.
By Tainari88
Trump never goes to jail. It would be a miracle if he ever goes to jail. He is full of bullshit lawyers making up bullshit reasons that they know are bullshit reasons too, but as long as they are getting paid or becoming famous they will keep the bullshit going.

That Sydney woman was one of the worst. Giuliani @Potemkin is the man my husband can't stand the most as a public figure. I do not blame him. He is the worst. Defending that conman from Queens.

Slippery-lying lawyers all want fame, notoriety, and greed.

Trump is not going to be arrested. It is funny that Stormy Daniels the adult movie woman was the one who created the crime that might stick to Trump? Lol. This shit sounds like fiction really.
By Potemkin
Tainari88 wrote:Trump never goes to jail. It would be a miracle if he ever goes to jail. He is full of bullshit lawyers making up bullshit reasons that they know are bullshit reasons too, but as long as they are getting paid or becoming famous they will keep the bullshit going.

That Sydney woman was one of the worst. Giuliani @Potemkin is the man my husband can't stand the most as a public figure. I do not blame him. He is the worst. Defending that conman from Queens.

Slippery-lying lawyers all want fame, notoriety, and greed.

Trump is not going to be arrested. It is funny that Stormy Daniels the adult movie woman was the one who created the crime that might stick to Trump? Lol. This shit sounds like fiction really.

Truth can be stranger than fiction, @Tainari88. In fact, it usually is stranger than fiction, because fiction writers try hard to make their fiction sound plausible. Reality is under no such restriction. Lol. But yeah, it would be ironic if Stormy Daniels turns out to be the one who brings Trump down, after so many have tried and failed. :lol:

As for Giuliani, I make a distinction between Giuliani before about 2010, and Giuliani after 2010. They are really two completely different people. Even his physical appearance and mannerisms have changed. Before about 2010, Giuliani had achieved great things - he took down the Mafia bosses who had terrorised New York for generations, at the risk of his own life (it later emerged there had been talk among the Mafia Commission at the time of assassinating Giuliani in a restaurant). And when 9/11 happened, while Dubya Bush was cowering in a bunker somewhere, Giuliani put on a bulletproof vest and walked through the streets of New York to view the devastation, to demonstrate to the public that somebody was still in charge of the US.

Giuliani as he is right now is a pitiful sight. I strongly suspect that he has some form of dementia. Seriously.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]