African-Russian Summit 2023 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beren wrote:I don't care about Niger's uranium, I care about its stability because I don't want refugees from there to flood the southern borders of the EU.

You think military action by NATO won't cause refugees? :eh:

Rancid wrote:Uranium can be found elsewhere, and those other places are increasing production of uranium anyway. Uranium isn't a part of this story.

My god, some of these leftists are as dense as MAGAs.

1. I don't consider myself a leftist because people like SO or PoD also do and look at the state of them.

2. Being called dense by dorks like you is only ever amusing.

3. Uranium is absolutely part of the story. It is a major part of why the French were controlling the country from afar, still. You know, that country some here want to pretend has democracy. Does it not make you democracy-minded people wonder at all why France has so much interest? How is it after Iraq and more recently Ukraine - where opposition parties and media is banned - that people like you still fall for the sorry story of Western concern for democracy? :lol:

Beren wrote:It's definitely part of skinster and friends' story.

Sounds like @skinster has fallen for the classic trap of bullshitter online influencers then. If that is what she's going to latch on to. Seriously, Uranium is almost a non-factor in this whole situation. :lol: Like sure, Uranium supplies will be affected, but not in any way that is a real problem globally. Not in a way that the rest of the global uranium supply chain can't make up for. Australia and Canada alone are huge sources, and they are both increasing production...

Seems like the leftist channels she follows are basically these people that don't really know much of anything about the world or geopolitics, but pass themselves off as such. They rely on the ignorance of their audience. They stick to over simplified troupes like resources, because that's the simplest thing to understand. Even when it's not true, that's what they go with. Again, because the influencer themselves don't know shit either. A tell of people that have fallen into this trap is that they "discuss" topics with mostly a stream of youtube and twitter posts.

This is no different than the alt-right MAGA dumbshits you see on social media. It's the other side (the left side) of the same coin. :lol:
Rancid wrote:Sounds like @skinster has fallen for the classic trap of bullshitter online influencers then. If that is what she's going to latch on to. Seriously, Uranium is almost a non-factor in this whole situation. :lol: Like sure, Uranium supplies will be affected, but not in any way that is a real problem globally. Not in a way that the rest of the global uranium supply chain can't make up for. Australia and Canada alone are huge sources, and they are both increasing production...

Seems like the leftist channels she follows are basically these people that don't really know much of anything about the world or geopolitics, but pass themselves off as such. They rely on the ignorance of their audience. They stick to over simplified troupes like resources, because that's the simplest thing to understand. Even when it's not true, that's what they go with. Again, because the influencer themselves don't know shit either. A tell of people that have fallen into this trap is that they "discuss" topics with mostly a stream of youtube and twitter posts.

This is no different than the alt-right MAGA dumbshits you see on social media. It's the other side (the left side) of the same coin. :lol:

skinster exactly knows what's going on and got to the point finally.
Beren wrote:I guess your fucking coup will cause refugees anyway.

But NATO intervention wouldn't? :eh:

Beren wrote:skinster exactly knows what's going on and got to the point finally.

So your mate Rancid actually thinks this is about democracy.

Anyone who thinks the West cares about democracy is retarded as all shit. :lol:

More of what this is actually about:
skinster wrote:But NATO intervention wouldn't? :eh:

What NATO intervention? You and your bosses are too obsessed with NATO, ECOWAS intervention is on the table.
However, everything had been relatively fine and stable until the coup, now it's all fucked up anyway.
Last edited by Beren on 02 Aug 2023 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:Uranium can be found elsewhere, and those other places are increasing production of uranium anyway. Uranium isn't a part of this story.

My god, some of these leftists are as dense as MAGAs.

Burkino Faso has no Uranium mines or deposits so what Uranium bann are they even talking about? I mean I can announce Estonia will stop export of microchips but who will care if we don't really have any fabs.

Note: It wasn't Niger that said that Uranium and Gold won't be exported, it was Burkino Faso.
JohnRawls wrote:Burkino Faso has no Uranium mines or deposits so what Uranium bann are they even talking about?

Well, the Wagner Group seems to be in Niger for their uranium anyway. In 2021 it was the 7th biggest producer of uranium, which accounted for 4.65% of world production.
I don't know if Wagner are in Niger yet. Do you have any evidence they are?

Beren wrote:What NATO intervention? You and your bosses are too obsessed with NATO, ECOWAS intervention is on the table.
However, everything had been relatively fine and stable until the coup, now it's all fucked up anyway.

NATO/ECOWAS alliance has already made attacks on Niger, by shutting off electricity for instance. Their puppets in Nigeria have stated they would invade if it is requested. Otherwise, they are making threats of intervention. I suspect they will reconsider ground troops since so many neighbouring countries have offered Niger military support and this could turn into a massive shitshow. But then, we're dealing with Western powers who are decision-makers here and they repeatedly show us their levels of retardation to even their own detriment, so let's see what happens..

If your sole concern is refugees then you have nothing to worry about; there will be none if the coup is maintained because the people will no doubt wish to stay in their country now that French shackles are removed..
skinster wrote:I don't know if Wagner are in Niger yet. Do you have any evidence they are?

I don't have evidence but they must be there. Or at least the GRU must be there, which is virtually the same.

skinster wrote:If your sole concern is refugees then you have nothing to worry about; there will be none if the coup is maintained because the people will no doubt wish to stay in their country now that French shackles are removed..

Do you mean Western aid is cut? :lol:
Beren wrote:Well, the Wagner Group seems to be in Niger for their uranium anyway. In 2021 it was the 7th biggest producer of uranium, which accounted for 4.65% of world production.

Okay cool, but what are they going to do with it? Not sell it for money to whoever buys? :eh:
JohnRawls wrote:Okay cool, but what are they going to do with it? Not sell it for money to whoever buys? :eh:

I guess they're going to sell it to Russia, or Iran, or China, etc. Someone's going to buy it from them for sure.
Beren wrote:I guess they're going to sell it to Russia, or Iran, or China, etc. Someone's going to buy it from them for sure.

I am pretty sure Russia has plenty, Iran has no real nuclear reactors and China already buying like from Australia or something. There is no point in Uranium mines if you don't sell the Uranium. And spoiler alert, Wagner is there for the money. So it is stupid to think that they are not going to sell what is produced in mines controlled by Wagner or gonna send it to countries who already have established suppliers. Even if they for some reason don't send it to France then France will just buy elsewhere since they are selling elsewhere. This is not oil which needs super tankers, large ports etc and not even gas which is air and requires super complicated technologies or a pipe built already. Uranium is a rock and small rock at that.

Beren wrote:I don't have evidence but they must be there. Or at least the GRU must be there, which is virtually the same.

Ah, so you're guessing.

Do you mean Western aid is cut? :lol:

No, I was referring to Western exploitation of Niger's resources.

And as has been noted on the first page, the new leader told the West to give that aid allocated to Niger to homeless people in their own lands. :D

Anyway, if your concern is refugees, you needn't worry if Africans remove their Western shackles and develop their land for themselves. They will want to stay at home. What forces them to Western nations is our treatment of these and other countries. E.g., refugees fled from West Asia to the West after the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc. and refugees fled from African countries after wars in Libya and elsewhere.
JohnRawls wrote:I am pretty sure Russia has plenty, Iran has no real nuclear reactors and China already buying like from Australia or something. There is no point in Uranium mines if you don't sell the Uranium.

It doesn't matter if Russia has plenty, they just can't have too much uranium and now France can't buy it. I'm sure whoever own the mines won't have a problem with finding a buyer or a market for their products. However, in my opinion Putin rather means to strike back at the West, especially France, for Ukraine indeed.

skinster wrote:Ah, so you're guessing.

I'm rather convinced because I have no doubts. I don't mean to convince anyone else, though.
skinster wrote:Africans are saying goodbye to Western colonialism and hello to multipolarity and moving ever-closer to Russia (and China) who do not exploit them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
^ Laugh it up, chuckles.

I'm enjoying the show too. :excited:

Beren wrote:I'm rather convinced because I have no doubts. I don't mean to convince anyone else, though.

I mean, it's possible you're correct because it would make sense for Wagner to be there and defend the new government after the coup, but I just haven't seen any evidence of it...yet. Which is why I was asking.
skinster wrote:^ Laugh it up, chuckles.

I'm enjoying the show too. :excited:

I mean, it's possible you're correct because it would make sense for Wagner to be there and defend the new government after the coup, but I just haven't seen any evidence of it...yet. Which is why I was asking.

Cool story but what if what replaces Western influence is 10 times worse and kills 10 times more people?
And why would the Western governments care for that? It's not like they care for Africans. They don't even care about the majority in their own states.

Still, we don't go by 'what ifs' in my world. We go by what is.

Verv, what is the message of the Christ? Of the N[…]

Are you saying you are unable to see any obvious […]

Right wingers and capitalists and free marketeers[…]

Indeed, and you know what? Even that isn't a reas[…]