Alexei Navalny dead in prison - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Potemkin wrote:Nobody really wants to turn Saudi Arabia into a liberal democracy, just as nobody really wanted to turn Russia into a liberal democracy in the 1990s. We want only to extract wealth from nations, or to castrate them if they dare to challenge us. Nothing else matters. HL Mencken knew the score.

That’s not what @litwin tells me. Are you calling him a liar, @Rugoz? :eh:

That’s not what @litwin tells me.
edit for you : Are you calling Marx a liar ?

Excerpts on Russia from Karl Marx (1856–57/1873)
Marxists Internet Archive
https://www.marxists.org › etol › newspape › vol17
22 Nov 2018 — To sum up, it is in the terrible and abject school of Mongolian slavery that Muscovy was nursed and grew up.

Karl Marx : Muscovites are not Slavs or Indo-Germanic, but rather an invader on Eastern Europe.
albionfagan wrote:This is mealy mouthed nonsense. They are both states who murder those who criticism them. We are are allies with SA, that's all that matters. It's risible but hilarious seeing the gymnastics. We care about nothing else but money, that's been the same for 500 years.

any comment on this ?

Trump breaks his silence on the Navalny murder! Condemns Russia and Putin!

Haha, just kidding. He used the situation to whine about himself, as usual.

"The sudden death of Alexei Navalny has made me more and more aware of what is happening in our Country,"

"It is a slow, steady progression, with CROOKED, Radical Left Politicians, Prosecutors, and Judges leading us down a path to destruction. Open Borders, Rigged Elections, and Grossly Unfair Courtroom Decisions are DESTROYING AMERICA. WE ARE A NATION IN DECLINE, A FAILING NATION! MAGA2024"

W

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 024-02-19/
Yes I wish the Liberal hypocrites could spend a little less time whining on about Navalny, and a bit more considering how America and its puppets treat our own dissidents like Julian Assaunge. There's much in outlook that Id disagree with Assuage, but unlikely the lying liberal hypocrites I actually oppose fascism and support free speech. Now of course the Liberals well may argue that free speech in Britain is no where near as bad as Ukraine, but as far as I'm concerned that's not a excuse.
Pewty wrote:Trump breaks his silence on the Navalny murder! Condemns Russia and Putin!

"The sudden death of Alexei Navalny has made me more and more aware of what is happening in our Country,"

"It is a slow, steady progression, with CROOKED, Radical Left Politicians, Prosecutors, and Judges leading us down a path to destruction. Open Borders, Rigged Elections, and Grossly Unfair Courtroom Decisions are DESTROYING AMERICA. WE ARE A NATION IN DECLINE, A FAILING NATION! MAGA2024"

W

Except Trump is not dead. Quite an important difference....Trump is a sociopath! He makes everything about him.

ps Trump to SCOTUS: I should be able to do what czar Putin just did to Navalny.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... situation/
Rich wrote:Yes I wish the Liberal hypocrites could spend a little less time whining on about Navalny, and a bit more considering how America and its puppets treat our own dissidents like Julian Assaunge. There's much in outlook that Id disagree with Assuage, but unlikely the lying liberal hypocrites I actually oppose fascism and support free speech. Now of course the Liberals well may argue that free speech in Britain is no where near as bad as Ukraine, but as far as I'm concerned that's not a excuse.

Why? Are the charges against Assange made-up? Do you even know what the charges are? Are the conditions in prison inhumane?

Regardless of all that, I suggest you post your stupid whataboutisms in the appropriate threads.
Last edited by Rugoz on 19 Feb 2024 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Pewty wrote:Trump breaks his silence on the Navalny murder! Condemns Russia and Putin!

W

Putin's Russia is what Trump wants for America.
First, allow me to state that I do not support totalitarianism or undemocratic processes. So, I do not agree with the jailing of anyone over these things.

I have also made no complaints on PoFo or anywhere else of the Ukrainians jailing people for posting pro-Russia stances on social media. The only times I have brought this up is to point out the insanity of supporting Ukraine to support the democratic world...

I understand that, during war time, stuff is gonna happen.

But this is a funny tweet:

And what makes me not feel bad laughing about it:

The death of an American citizen that reported critically on the Zelenskyy regime, who only got help from the Chilean embassy during his incarceration, is very alarming, since it showed that a guy could be abandoned by his country to a regime that was determined to "solve" the problem of his existence for the crime of having wrong opinions.

I feel bad about Lira's death, but a lot of people did not notice at all.

Navalny should not have died - it's a shame. But Russia, thrust into total chaos after the collapse of Communism and the whole nation being raided by kleptocrat oligarchs has resorted to strongman rule since it does not have the cultural & political infrastructure to execute democracy. That's sad... and the real proper course for Putin would have been to concentrate on the building of domestic institutions to create pathways for democratization and mass liberalization, but instead he has pursued his own agendas that I think are more about focusing on the RUssian geopolitical situation. This is regrettable... But what if we were to also think that one of the reasons why democratization was not pursued was because it was being weaponized against Russia through foreign agents designed to use any form of liberalization against Russia's collective interests? It is hard to imagine that the CIA would not use any opportunity possible to undermne Russian democracy.

They wrote papers about activist groups as a sort of mind virus in the 1980s and a means of regional destabilization....
Rancid wrote:Putin's Russia is what Trump wants for America.

I think, more pointedly, he wants to be Putin. I don't think Trump cares one way or another what happens to America, or Americans, as long as he gets to satisfy his narcissism and pretend he isn't a loser.

W

very interesting development
'Murz' WAS a hardcore imperialist critical toward putin´s regime. question is this a new 1917 or 1937 ?

BREAKING: hardcore imperialist 'war correspondent' Andrei 'Murz' Morozov has KILLED BY PUTIN (committed suicide )

ps Did he drink tea near an open window BEFORE "committed suicide"? :lol:
Well, the UK has brought out the big guns.

Senior prison officials at the Arctic penal colony where the Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny was detained and died will be banned from the UK and have their assets frozen, under sanctions announced by David Cameron.

That'll teach 'em!
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]