Confederacy needs to die! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By KurtFF8
accually the war itself didnt start as an issue of slavery, that became an issue later on in the war later though
By DTguitarist99
The civil war was not primarily about slavery...it was about the south feeling like it had no power and its way of life was being threatened. The South was losing representation in the House and many southerns felt like the North would use its power to weaken the South. Of course slavery was part of it, since the South was threatened by northerners passing legislation ending slavery and crippling the economy of the south. The northerner's aim in the civil war was not primarily to end slavery, since abolitionists were a small minority and most had no opinion at all on the matter. It was mostly about preserving the Union, because the Unionists believed that the Constitution stated the the Union derived its power from the people, so only the people as a whole could decide to break it up.

I believe the South had no legal right to secede, since I agree with the Unionist interpretation of the Constitution. The confederate flag should not be banned, but people should realize that it doesn't only represent Southern pride, but also racism.
By Kov
Great post, but I do not agree with the last few parts. I belive any nation (or state) that has any social reason to leave any federation or union has every right to and should be looked into.

So what happened? They where invaded. Yes there are many more political reasons to this, but this is the top of the iceburg I wish to point out before the Titanic hits.

This is different from, say, your pro-Palestine p[…]

Race is a myth. Since there are no races, varia[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

French President Emmanuel Macron announced that U[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]