Stalin's Dilemma - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By smashthestate
Comrade General Kov wrote:As I said... it was natural... but no one could leave...

And food was being extracted from the farms by the government.
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
Actually this didn't originate from Churchill's memoirs at all. There was a publicly held meeting (the press was there are recorded the whole discussion) in Moscow in which Stalin said this. Stalin DID say this, as much as you'd like to think he didn't.

Nop...simply not true...

As I said... it was natural... but no one could leave...

Nop...simply not true. There are documented cases of whole villages being abandoned by the peasants because they could not produce anything. Yes they could leave...and did leave...

And food was being extracted from the farms by the government.

You can keep saying it over and over...it won' t make it any more true...

Kov...I'd love to reply to your first post...but I can't make out what and where you said things...because you didn't quote me right.
By Kov
"Nop...simply not true..."

Show us, and we will belive you. You inult our sources every time, yet the best we get from yours is "the soviet archives" which are locked on the bottom of one of the three central KGB buildings.

"Nop...simply not true. There are documented cases of whole villages being abandoned by the peasants because they could not produce anything. Yes they could leave...and did leave..."

Luckly you are right in general here, there where small places where gurads where not put on the central roads and railway systems. However, the rail system was hualted, other than the grain going out, and it is document that guards where in fact positioned on main roads out of major cities not letting men and women out of the towns.

"Kov...I'd love to reply to your first post...but I can't make out what and where you said things...because you didn't quote me right."

Yes I am sorry, I quote in my own little way...
By smashthestate
Tovarish Spetsnaz wrote:Nop...simply not true...

Probably the most brilliantly composed rebuttle I've ever heard.

Tovarish Spetsnaz wrote:There are documented cases of whole villages being abandoned by the peasants because they could not produce anything. Yes they could leave...and did leave...

Can you show us these documents? I've been searching for probably 8 hours over the past few days, in libraries and on the internet for information or evidence that this famine truly had nothing to do with Stalin's policies, but to no avail. I have no agend here, I really want to know the truth.

Tovarish, you have to understand my position here. I've got 50 million people telling me one thing, and one person (with no documented proof or even evidence of what he says) telling me another thing. I think anyone on Earth would be more likely to believe the majority, especially when they have done research and everything points away from what you've stated.

The prosecutor will need to explain why is it that[…]

If your argument centers around not believing in […]

https://i.ibb.co/Bs37t8b/canvas-moral[…]

I was being sarcastic, @FiveofSwords . Hitler wa[…]