Most cruel Communist leader[Poll] - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Gustav Fluffy
My historical knowledge may be lacking, but I was never aware of Lenin being a tyrannical leader. :?:
By jpyy
C. Stalin no doubt about it,

you forgot to include Pol Pot because he was one of the worst of them all...
By Rokossovsky
C Stalin easily (this is the point where a qoute about the millions of Russians he has killed appears...)

Fear is the best way to run a country if you are a dictator though.
By MB.
D. Pol Pot
By Freedom
Out of the given list I'd vote Mao. However I agree with Mr.Bill...Pol Pot and his gang where the most evil people of the last centrury, yes in my mind they surpassed Hitler...
By jpyy
Perhaps Pol Pot was even worse than Stalin because Pol Pot and the Khmers killed smart people and (well that's what every dictator does) but to them it was sometimes enough to wear glases to be counted as a smart person. But if you count the people that died when they were in power Pot comes nowhere near Stalins number Pot "only" killed about
1 million.
By jpyy
None of these leaders were "brutal".

Oh really... :D

Well, Huzington if they are all fluffy teddybears could you name one brutal leader except Hitler?
By Ixa
jpyy wrote:

Well, Huzington if they are all fluffy teddybears could you name one brutal leader except Hitler?

Hideki Tojo, Mussolini, Menghitsu, Ismail Enver, Charles DeGaulle, Yakubu Gowon, Jean Kambanda, Richard Nixon, Suharto, Savimbi, Mullah Omar, Winston Churchill, Reagan, Bush, various other Amerika presidents, Saddam Hussein, and many, many more.

There is not a single "brutal" thing which Lenin, Stalin, & Mao did in their
entire lives. Name one such thing (and I promise you will be refuted).
By Classical Liberal
I was going to say "D. None of these", Huzington. ;)
By nateddi
Huzington wrote:
jpyy wrote:

Hideki Tojo, Mussolini, Menghitsu, Ismail Enver, Charles DeGaulle, Yakubu Gowon, Jean Kambanda, Richard Nixon, Suharto, Savimbi, Mullah Omar, Winston Churchill, Reagan, Bush, various other Amerika presidents, Saddam Hussein, and many, many more.

In complete agreement with the Huz I am.

If you want to talk brutal dictators, look at Cold War-era Latin America.
By Erik of NKP
Mao is the worst, I think. Sure, maybe Stalin "killed more", depends on how you count, but at least he acheived something, Mao got lots of people killed for idiotic reforms that didn't work. He was a fanatical leftwing radical as well (not that Stalin wasn't, but Mao was worse, I thjink)

Well, I must say I dislike both, but I agree that Pol Pot was the worst..

Why Lenin is on the list I do not understand, I have much respect for him
A. Mao Tse Tung

His Wife was nastier.

B. Vladimir Lenin

He's not even in the running. The cruelest thing he did was starting Pravda :P (j/k)

C. Joesph Stalin

He was just paranoid. But of the three he killed the most, so the cruelty vote goes to him.
By jpyy

Well, I have to agree with you that Lenin was not a brutal dictator but to say Stalin wasn't, well how about those millions that died or were sent to Siberia, and he attacked us Finns, I think that not many Stalinists have experienced an attack from a superpower. That is also perhaps the main cause for why Finns are the country most opposed to the Iraq war (at least of the European countries) because we know how it is to have a superpower attack us...

Actually I haven't gotten in to Mao really and I'm not going to do a search on google for all the stuff he did so I'm not going to comment on him...

Oh I totally agree that a lot of them were asholes but Winston Churchill!!! what did he ever do to make him count as an dictator?

and by the way my last post was really more of a joke than to be taken seriously...
By Ixa
Erik of NKP wrote:Mao is the worst, I think. Sure, maybe Stalin "killed more", depends on how you count, but at least he acheived something, Mao got lots of people killed for idiotic reforms that didn't work. He was a fanatical leftwing radical as well (not that Stalin wasn't, but Mao was worse, I thjink)

Well, I must say I dislike both, but I agree that Pol Pot was the worst..

Why Lenin is on the list I do not understand, I have much respect for him

What "brutal" thing did Mao or Stalin do? Come on. Give us some
examples. Saying that a man is "brutal" without giving any real
reasons is mere name calling.

... @FiveofSwords is so dumb it would go over hi[…]

It is still the mainstream opinion of mainstream […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just h[…]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

Now...because I personally have read actual prima[…]