Do you have a favorite scripture verse? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
2 Corinthians 8:13-15 wrote:For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened, but that as a matter of fairness your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness. As it is written, “Whoever gathered much had nothing left over, and whoever gathered little had no lack.”

Acts 2:44-45  wrote:And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.
Make the mind of this people dull, and stop their ears, and shut their eyes, so that they may not look with their eyes, and listen with their ears, and comprehend with their minds . . . Then I said, “How long, O Lord?” And he said: “Until cities lie waste without inhabitant, and houses without people, and the land is utterly desolate . . .” — Isaiah 6.10-11
Psalm 23, the King James Version, trips off the tongue.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul...
Micah 6:8. IMHO, it should be on the wall of every courtroom, right behind the presiding judge:

He has shown you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you
but to act justly, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God?
I actually always thought the Golden Rule was the best.

Matthew 7:12, I think. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.
I hope you will forgive me 2 verses.
16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

Now I'm not a biblical literalist. I feel God has left me free to substitute what ever identity groups I want. I know this must be the true word of the Creator, not some historical-cultural specific accretion, because the Bhagavad Gita gives us almost identical wisdom, and also this quote by Harada Daiun Sogaku considered by many to be the twentieth century's greatest Zen teacher, giving guidance to young Japanese men in WWII,:
[If ordered to] march: tramp, tramp, or shoot: bang, bang. This is the manifestation of the highest Wisdom [of Enlightenment]. The unity of Zen and war of which I speak extends to the farthest reaches of the holy war [now under way].
Rich wrote:I hope you will forgive me 2 verses.

Now I'm not a biblical literalist. I feel God has left me free to substitute what ever identity groups I want. I know this must be the true word of the Creator, not some historical-cultural specific accretion, because the Bhagavad Gita gives us almost identical wisdom, and also this quote by Harada Daiun Sogaku considered by many to be the twentieth century's greatest Zen teacher, giving guidance to young Japanese men in WWII,:

We Jews are always the oppressed and never the oppressor. Tell the Palestinians to stop persecuting us. We're both descendants of Abraham, let Family Feud's cease. I pray for the day those Arabs will be healthy and love their enemies. Love is healthy. Hatred is toxic. Israeli Defense Force loves their enemies. But when Old Yeller gets rabies the loving thing to do is put him out of his misery. I dream of the day Arabs and Israelis will hold hands and be brothers and sisters. I dream of the day Isaac and Ishmael will reconcile. I love Sarah and all of her descendants. Do not despise Arabs. Arabs are Semitic. If you dislike Arabs you are anti-Semitic just as much as if you dislike Jews. Unfortunately Muhammad was quite fond of decapitating Jews , so I advise the Muslims to write a new Quran telling everyone to chill out and get along and having no verses that contradict that Doctrine
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]