Remember, remember - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Potemkin
Guy Fawkes - the only man who ever entered Parliament with honest intentions. Lol.
By Rancid
Potemkin wrote:Guy Fawkes - the only man who ever entered Parliament with honest intentions. Lol.

Is that a quote or phrase people say, or did you make that up?

That's wonderful! :lol:
By Potemkin
Rancid wrote:Is that a quote or phrase people say, or did you make that up?

That's wonderful! :lol:

It's a well-known saying in the UK. Nobody is sure who first came up with it, but it's a real zinger. :)
By TheGoonShow
Why do people in England and Canada celebrate Guy Fawkes Day? What is it's significance and why would the Brits and Canadians want to celebrate it? It seems the phrase "Remember, remember" is a catch phrase from the event long ago in history that is still repeated by those who celebrate this peculiar holiday. Why would people say "remember, remember?" Remember what and why repeat such a phrase. Just trying to understand the meaning this holiday has to Brits and those who celebrate it in Canada.
By Rancid
skinster wrote:This was London tonight.

Odd, I thought you were anti-protests. YOu know, like in Hong Kong.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]

Seeing that this place is filled to the brim with […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since i[…]

I understand that China had internal political tur[…]