If Stalin - Hitler´s Devils' Alliance held, Could these 2 Asiatic despots conquer the Europe / MENA - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Potemkin

Here check this out, even Winston Churchill called World War II the easiest war to prevent:

David Carlin of Forbes Magazine wrote:Winston Churchill believed World War II should have been called “the Unnecessary War.” As he explained it, “there never was a war more easy to stop than that [World War II].” Instead, the world suffered the bloodiest conflict in human history. During the 1930s, the West had numerous chances to take decisive action against Hitler. They did not. Poor Western leadership allowed the Nazi menace to grow to monstrous proportions. This catastrophic failure in leadership offers important lessons for decision-makers today.

When Hitler took power in 1933, many foreign diplomats were already familiar with his violent nationalist ideology. Hitler had often announced his intention to remilitarize Germany. In his first year, he withdrew from the League of Nations and the World Disarmament Conference.

In 1936, Hitler brazenly remilitarized Germany’s Rhineland border with France. Remilitarization directly threatened French national security. After World War I, the Rhineland had been left demilitarized to deter German aggression against France. With this border undefended, the French could pour into Germany. Only 3,000 Nazi troops entered the Rhineland. Hundreds of thousands of French troops stood just miles away. Germany’s generals trembled with fear, certain that a French invasion would end the Third Reich. However, facing bad economic conditions and finding few allies willing to offer support, the French government decided that military intervention was too expensive. Once again, a weak and divided West allowed the Nazi threat to increase.

The West failed to provide the certainty of punishment initially until it was too late. And millions paid the price for it. It was all preventable in my judgement.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidcarli ... nazi-rise/
Politics_Observer wrote:@Potemkin

Sometimes you have fuckwitz out there like Hitler who want to fight and you have no choice. I can't argue with you there. However, my question is this: if the allies reacted sooner before the invasion of Poland, could World War II have been avoided altogether? For example, when he sent in troops to take territory his country lost in World War I but the West did nothing. This is not deterrence. Part of deterrence is the certainty of punishment. When the West failed to respond to this, Hitler felt time and time again that he would pay no consequence despite warnings from the West (because he didn't think the West would actually do anything) and thus made a much wider and even more bloodier war possible than what otherwise would have happened. I believe Hitler could have been deterred had the West acted sooner in the game instead of waiting until he invaded Poland.

Reacted sooner, by doing what? Declaring war several years before they eventually did? They weren't ready to fight yet. This is the point. They needed to buy time.
@Potemkin

It's bullshit man! The French could have stopped World War II by sending in the hundred thousand troops it had into the Rhineland against Germany's 3,000 troops and prevented World War II from happening happening in the first place. They probably wouldn't even had to fire a shot or declare war and Germany would have backed away and stop making territorial demands that eventually led to war.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Potemkin

It's bullshit man! The French could have stopped World War II by sending in the hundred thousand troops it had into the Rhineland against Germany's 3,000 troops and prevented World War II from happening happening in the first place. They probably wouldn't even had to fire a shot or declare war and Germany would have backed away and stop making territorial demands that eventually led to war.

You wanna blame the French for the rise of Hitler and WW2? Fine, I'm okay with blaming the French for everything too. Because, you know, fuck the French. But this is not a serious analysis of the causes of WW2.
Everyone is a genius with the benefit of hindsight. :excited:

Also, fuck the French. Can't even beat Switzerland as reigning world champions. Almost as bad the Germans losing to South Korea, not even THE BEST KOREA!

What's next, England winning a Euro Cup? Even if they did their national press would still eviscerate them for not winning the finals with tennis scores. :lol:

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]