The WORST Gulags you could be Sent to in the USSR - The Hellish Truth Behind Marxism​ - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The WORST Gulags you could be Sent to in the USSR - The Hellish Truth Behind Marxism​
Imagine being the guy who survived a Nazi concentration camp only to be moved into a gulag later, Its insane how some people still admire and defend Stalin's Soviet Union. If they only could experience it by themselves....they could add to the list the cannibal Island and the mines of Jáchymov (former Tchechoslovakia) where the prisoners were extracting raw pechblende which contain uranium and radium in diverse concentrations. No need to tell what was the life expectancy of people handling raw radio-active materials....... And many Muscovites still celebrate the Soviet Union and Stalin, And yet showing Soviet/communist flags is totally socially acceptable.... crazy world

I took a small dose, or what I thought was a small dose of a hallucinogen, and went to history class. If you think that's bad, our student college leader dressed in Brooks Brothers suits and ties, was a member of Young Republicans, and sounded like a straight arrow. He did the same thing and went to a meeting of the people that oversaw the college. That's just the way it was back then.

Anyway, the teacher was talking about how Stalin sent all their middle class farmers to Siberia. He'd fill up freight trains with people, and force them off at gunpoint when they got to Siberia. Then the train would have to back up for a few hundred miles.

Siberia in winter was bitter cold back then, often subzero and windy. They didn't last long. Of course, agricultural production fell like a meteor from Space, and people starved. But nobody ever said Stalin was smart..

Point is, I could feel the snow on my face as the train backed away, men, women and children gathered around. It's a vivid memory, one of my most vivid, and an astonishingly effective reminder of just how inhumane humans can be.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]