What Happened to the USSR´s Prisoners when they were "Rescued" by Stalin in 1945? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Plenty of Stalins soldiers (spatially the colonial subjects) who were released by the Allies did not want to go back to the USSR, but they were made to go back all the same. I guess they knew what was waiting for them.

There is a movie, "Enemy At The Gates" in which there is a scene where Soviet sniper Koulikov (Ron Perlman) explains how he lost all of his teeth. He says he was sent by Stalin to Germany for some reason and that when he returned, they tortured him and beat him and knocked out his teeth because "everybody who had contact with the Germans were suspected as spies", I'm paraphrasing here. It didn't matter that Koulikov went to Germany on Stalin's orders. Simple contact with Germans was enough to make a person a suspected spy. The same held true with POWs returning from German captivity. They had been "corrupted by contact".

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]