The Rise of American Fascism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Note: nostalgia *is* allowed.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I finally "completed" this piece. I kinda got tired of it and had to force myself to work on it, so it glosses over some stuff. It could certainly be better, and more in depth, but it is what it is, and its still good IMO.

I still consider it a rough draft, I have not proof read it yet, and it will need revisions, but all the basic content is there now.

Any feedback is appreciated (I'm already used to negative feedback, don't worry :p), makes it easier to revise it.

http://www.rationalrevolution.net/artic ... ascism.htm

Thanks
By Comrade Ogilvy
Do you got the link to the picture where those girls and boys points at the flag in a Sieg Heil manner, and the pictures of the black americans being hanged? Thanks.
By malachi151
You can reference them from my website if you want to use them, I mean just right click on the image and it shows you the path that you can link to anywhere. One of the links in the section on lynching is the source for most of those lynching pics. I forget where I got the flag salute pic. I own a print of the first image, the large black and white with the salute to the chest, I just scanned in it.
By Comrade Ogilvy
That's pretty good. You've got some facts wrong (especially your analysis of TR), but generally, an excellent article.
By malachi151
Daovonnaex wrote:That's pretty good. You've got some facts wrong (especially your analysis of TR), but generally, an excellent article.

Well, tell me what facts are wrong.

What's wrong with TR? People have all kinds of stuff to say about TR, IMO he's one of the most important presidents in America and played a huge pivitol role in American politcs. Mnay people have many different interpretations of that role.

Many people lament his imperialism. Its an issue. His imperialist ideology doesn't sit will with modern Americans, even many conservatives, he had some major "white man's burden" syndrome going, but overall he was a very honorable guy doing what he thought was right IMO. He fought for the little guy, as long as he understood the little guy. I don't think he understood the foreign little guy very well.

Many people seem to have a beef with TR over this one issue, and its something that the left likes to nail him on. To do so I think misses the big picture and takes TR out of the context of his own day.

On almost every issue he was very progressive. On the issue of conquest of native people's he has a stain on his name. You can't allow that stain to overshadow the analysis of his other attributes.

@QatzelOk It would, but @FiveofSwords is so […]

It is still the mainstream opinion of mainstream […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just h[…]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

Now...because I personally have read actual prima[…]