Forbes List of Billionaires: Which Billionaire do you really think is a person of high morals? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
Billionaires are not that common in the world. Think of the total world population and the amount of billionaires in the world?

Who do you think got there legitimately? And who do you think did it lyin' and cheatin' and stealin'?

why does society admire billionaires?

https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/
From what I have heard about Warren Buffett, he seems to be a decent person. He seems to be low key. And he used to work with this company when they were holding an auction to help them raise funds. His prize was win a lunch date with Warren Buffett. The winner of that prize gets to spend an hour interviewing him about his tips and tricks, his business acumen. That is a pretty sweet prize actually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/18/warren- ... llion.html

Society drools after loads of money. I think most people are shallow and greedy. They measure success by how much a person earns or if they have prestigious awards. But success should be measured by level of happiness and the quality of life...is the person sleeping well and are they content with themselves and their past and present?
Warren Buffett seems like a good guy, but I'm no expert.

People want to be billionaires so I guess some admire them in order to try to be more like them.

I don't personally know any billionaires, but I know a few greedy millionaires and they are basically sociopaths and treat their employees like meat. Some millionaires I know are wonderful people who just worked really hard and tadow are rich from success.

Other successful people i know are successful because they basically have high functioning mental illness and work so hard that it's impossible to emulate them. They kind of have work OCD and hardly ever take any rest for themselves and yet never tire. They would be the extreme end of the distribution types.
MistyTiger wrote:From what I have heard about Warren Buffett, he seems to be a decent person. He seems to be low key. And he used to work with this company when they were holding an auction to help them raise funds. His prize was win a lunch date with Warren Buffett. The winner of that prize gets to spend an hour interviewing him about his tips and tricks, his business acumen. That is a pretty sweet prize actually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/18/warren- ... llion.html

Society drools after loads of money. I think most people are shallow and greedy. They measure success by how much a person earns or if they have prestigious awards. But success should be measured by level of happiness and the quality of life...is the person sleeping well and are they content with themselves and their past and present?

Buffett's investment strategy is basically don't be greedy, buy at good value and hold for a very long time. Other stock buyers kill themselves on the daily trading.

:D

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Putin-Erdogan-Orban just need to hold up lines for[…]

Truss vs Sunak

Truss does the right thing, but limiting the ener[…]