Animal Rights - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How important do you believe they are?

Animals should be given the same protection as humans
14%
Animals should be spared from unnecessary distress.
23%
Animals should be spared from unnecessary distress unless it is to the advantage of humans to cause the distress.
35%
Animals should have no rights
26%
Other
3%
By The One.
democrat-hippie wrote:i never said the food chain does not exist- i said we are not at the top of it, and therefor i proved my point.
Even if nobody is on the top of the food chain, we're pretty much the prime contender.So we get a right to eat animals.

(and evne if youre not on the top,as you said,you can always try,like the man-eating tiger)
By Comrade Ogilvy
If anything I'd say things are DE-EVOLVING..

Considering a billion years ago dinosaurs ruled the Earth.
Now seemingly thier descendants are gators and rhinos. Tough contenders, but hardly as threatning as thier prehistoric counterparts..

Man was a tall masculine machine of brute force that could outsmart animals and had enough knowledge to build itself shelters for survival.
Man now is weak and frail and can't even drink fucking milk half the time. :p
By Jesse
Counter-Corperate Jujitsu wrote:As for Jesse- I guess some animals are more equal than others, eh? :knife:

I haven't said anything yet ;)

Its just 'cause Randomizer has the same avatar as me, eh?

Animals cannot have rights, because they lack the ability to back them up with force, because after all, what good are rights without the violence necessary to defend them? Nothing is 'inaliable'.
By jaakko
Jesse wrote:Animals cannot have rights, because they lack the ability to back them up with force

And they can't do that because they cannot grasp the concept of 'right' (nor any other concepts). Creatures that lack consciousness can only be offered protection, but not rights. Even if one fanatically wanted to give animals "rights", he'd be only giving them protection, nothing more.
By Comrade Ogilvy
well- it is true, they have a choice to run away or not- but the animals in slaughterhouses have no choice. So what is wrong with that argument? animals deserve a chance to live..
Dont be an idiot... animals have the choice to escape from slaughterhouses too... :roll: :roll: Havent you ever seen Chicken Run??
By democrat-hippie
no- you dont be an idiot. Havent you seen the conditions they live in? i suggest you read up on the subject.

@FiveofSwords https://www.youtube.com/watch?v[…]

Getting back to the topic: The new law going thr[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

@JohnRawls You might be right but Taiwan is no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Since the Israeli government is not charging them […]