Which Israel/Palestine solution do you support? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Which Israel/Palestine solution do you support?

One-State Solution #1
14%
One-State Solution #2
11%
Two-State Solution
34%
Three-State Solution #1
6%
Three-State Solution #2
17%
Status Quo
1%
Other
16%
By dudekebm
I picked Other: Basically a two state solution at the 1967 borders with Jerusalem as a corpus separatum ala the way Vatican City is such.
By Figlio di Moros
War Angel wrote:Overall, I think my solution (a two-state or no-state for the Arabs solution (depending on their choice), after a firm military and territorial offensive by Israel and complete disengagment) is the best for Israel and the Jews, where-as the complete annihilation of Israel (one-state solution number 2) is the most benefecial for the Arab side.

:?: Somehow, I support a more expanionist Jewish policy than the Israeli?

War Angel wrote:Anyways, it is really ironic that, while Israel is fighting a demographics war, the majority of Jews are still living outside Israel.
I agree.

Same here...
By Ombrageux
What irony? That Israel isn't fulfilling its historic mission of concentrating all Jews conveniently in the midst of the teeming multitudes that hate them? A boneheaded idea from the start.
By War Angel
A boneheaded idea from the start.

Well, you know, it's better than being gassed to death an' stuff. The Arabs may not like us very much, but they're also a lot less good at committing genocide than the Europeans are, so we're better off at least in that regard. :)
By Cartertonian
Why isn't there an option for 'nuke the place and turn it into the World's biggest car-park'?

That way, we could all stop fucking arguing about it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

A-jad would be doing the RoW a favour if he nuked Israel, because he'd take Palastine out as well. Then there'd be fuck all to waste pages of PoFo trading insults about.

:knife:
By Muslim
WA wrote:Well, you know, it's better than being gassed to death an' stuff. The Arabs may not like us very much, but they're also a lot less good at committing genocide than the Europeans are, so we're better off at least in that regard.

How ungrateful!

Anyways, you obviously miscalculated. Only here you can find a young guy willing to turn himself into a bomb to retaliate for his brothers' deaths and a child not afraid of fighting a tank with a piece of stone. Read the history of crusaders and mongols in the ME and you will realize that it is just a matter of time.

I am not even surprised that I have met some your fellow Israelis here in Canada who have immigrated from Israel.
Last edited by Muslim on 30 Sep 2009 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
By Ombrageux
WA - Well, first you need some updating viz. Europeans' attitude towards the annihilation of the Jews. Second, if avoiding genocide is truly the objective, I would humbly suggest Jews be roughly evenly spread out as much as possible among the world's "pre-semitic" nations. Currently we could lose almost half the world's Jews to only a few well-placed nukes. Hitler would have dreamed of such ease.
By LehmanB
One-State Solution #1
Nets wrote:The character of the state is more important to me than its borders.

As you see the demographic threat, so you have to see the importance of secure borders, and the precious value of territory, of another hill, for the long run.

Without Gaza strip, the Arabs will not be a majority; add their birthrate is declying for recent years while the Jewish birthrate in Israel is rising. demographics are uncertain and not accurate to predict. the gournd you have is what will remain.

Don't forget the borders of 1948 were unstable and didn't hold.
You don't want giant hostile Egypt 20 km from Tel Aviv either. See how few idiotic gangs of Hamas can hurt Israel. I don't think Israel can ever give up the control over Gaza and the West bank. Certainly not to allow strong forces to enter these territories ( Egypt).

Anyhow, I agree that palestinians and an independent country isn't goes together. this is not their target, they never had such thing, they don't know how to mannage such a thing.

telluro wrote:Are you in favour of Israel being a complete ethnic state?

Wanting a majority of your population in your country doesn't mean a complete ethnic state.
By War Angel
How ungrateful!

Anyways, you obviously miscalculated. Only here you can find a young guy willing to turn himself into a bomb to retaliate for his brothers' deaths and a child not afraid of fighting a tank with a piece of stone. Read the history of crusaders and mongols in the ME and you will realize that it is just a matter of time.

I never said Arab warfare was not ferocious, cruel or relentless. They are not, however, organised enough to carry on another Holocaust.

I am not even surprised that I have met some your fellow Israelis here in Canada who have immigrated from Israel.

Life here isn't for everyone. Some leave for a while, others for good.. but Israel stays.

WA - Well, first you need some updating viz. Europeans' attitude towards the annihilation of the Jews.

Meaning?

Second, if avoiding genocide is truly the objective, I would humbly suggest Jews be roughly evenly spread out as much as possible among the world's "pre-semitic" nations. Currently we could lose almost half the world's Jews to only a few well-placed nukes. Hitler would have dreamed of such ease.

Perhaps, but we wouldn't be free, equal citizens. There's more to Israel than just preventing a second Holocaust - and who'd be dumb enough to sling nukes at Israel?
By Nets
Muslim, by citing the fact that a majority of Jews live in the Diaspora (but a plurality live in Israel), you are neglecting that Israel is the only Jewish community with a future.
By Ombrageux
Culture is not a static unchanging thing. "Jewish culture" as it existed in Europe and Asia for thousands of years has vanished, and not only because of the Holocaust. There is only "Israeli" culture, which is quite different, and the bizarre communitarianism you find in the United States.
By Celtic Communism
One-State Solution #2 is the total destruction of Israel and the establishment of Palestine.

An ethnic cleansing of Israelis away from Arab soil would be good too. To stop the Israelis coming to Europe, which would be a disaster, they should be given their own ethno-state somewhere near New York City, where the Christian Zionists can have easier access to grovel at their feet and where Israelis will be much more safer.
By Political Interest
Other:

Unification of Palestine and all the Islamic nations into one state to be governed by a Caliphate. This is the solution to the contemporary problems of the Middle East. It will be of no help to Israel or Palestine to have them as two separate entities occupying a near space of land. In order for there to be economic development not only in the Middle East, but also in the other Islamic countries, there must be a unified economic system and a unification of economic efforts. A re-established Caliphate would improve European as well as Chinese, Indian or Russian security, as there would be a central government as opposed to various unstable nationalist regimes dotting the Middle East.
By Figlio di Moros
Celtic Communism wrote:An ethnic cleansing of Israelis away from Arab soil would be good too. To stop the Israelis coming to Europe, which would be a disaster, they should be given their own ethno-state somewhere near New York City, where the Christian Zionists can have easier access to grovel at their feet and where Israelis will be much more safer.

Whoa, last I check it was the Euopean Nazistan that tried to ctrl-alt-dlt them from history, so why would you punish Americans with them?
By Sephardi
so why would you punish Americans with them?

Jews are punishment? So all the advancements in medicine, science, and technology are nothing for you? It's better to have a bunch of dumb rednecks doing shit in your country or immigrants from third world countries.

Fuck off.
By Figlio di Moros
There was supposed to be a sense of irony there, but the question remains why CC would think Irrael should be located near NYC when palestine is it's ancient home and when european nations such as Nazi Germany or some of the slavic states are responsible for the systematic genocide? Why would he believe America should be held culpable with a loss of territory?
By Captain Sam
There was supposed to be a sense of irony there, but the question remains why CC would think Irrael should be located near NYC when palestine is it's ancient home and when european nations such as Nazi Germany or some of the slavic states are responsible for the systematic genocide? Why would he believe America should be held culpable with a loss of territory?

CC is openly antisemitic. Don't think too much about it.
By Sephardi

K fine. Don't fuck off.
By Igor Antunov
A third party should invade the area, dismantle the Israeli state and the Palestinian authority, then administer it as some colony.
By danholo

Rich countries do attract populace from poorer countries. That is how the world works and it works for Arabs very well. I guess they are afraid of the crusaders, too?

If you were trying to be somehow witty with your argument; Fail.

I chose other as I do not believe states should be the final form of human life. However, at this point in time, the healthiest is to separate both people from each other, if it's even possible. Somehow this place is too interconnected for it to happen.

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]