Was Staying In Slavery A Choice? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Was Staying In Slavery For 400 Years A Choice On The Part Of Slaves?

1. Yes, The Slaves Chose Not To Overtake Their Overlords, Which They Had The Power To Do.
17%
2. No, The Slaves Could Not Have Chosen To Overtake Their Overlords.
57%
3. Other.
26%
One Degree wrote:Your whole argument is based upon the idea that the individual is more important than future generations.
:roll: 100% Wrong. You don't get it that the future doesn't matter much if you die now.

One Degree wrote:Your cultural imperative is susceptible to slavery. Mine is not.
Your "cultural imperative is susceptible to DEAD, while mine is not. If you are dead, your culture dies then an there.

Slavery is not a choice. You and your family are put into slavery and you are threatened with their lives, if you flee. The slavers will beat them if you disobey. You are under this moronic impression that an enslaved person lives in a vacuum,

Where do you go if you are fleeing enslavement? In the USA there wasn't many places to go, and only a small number of slaves ever made it to Canada, and that was only with the help of people who were against slavery. Otherwise, the odds of you dying, having your family split up, killed, maimed, or beaten, was the end result of your attempt to flee subjugation. Thus why many did not attempt to flee, but hope that in some future date, freedom might be attainable. THAT is looking to the future, not your absurd reasoning that fleeing NOW was the only choice.

Your view of slavery is fucking STUPID, and based on colossally thoughtless wilfull ignorance.
I voted no. The reason for this are the reasons why the Nat Turner rebellion fizzled out. Basically the African Americans were outnumbered by white military people enforcing the law for the USA government. There had been very successful rebellions of majority Black nations.

Examples are Haiti and South Africa in the end. Haiti actually deliberately burned any means of making money and of being profitable to make sure France would lose interest in colonizing and enslaving any more Black Haitians. Haiti and its liberation caused a bad reaction in white slave owners in the South.

In the end? All the attempts at enslaving any people is doomed to failure. People want and need freedom. Only stupid and ignorant racists think that Blacks are inferior and not worthy of freedom. They can go to hell for all I care about these ignorant and nasty people. If they are religious and call themselves Christians and believe in Black inferiority? They will be there getting their butts burned in hell like they deserve. No excuses for their lack of Christian thought. All lies about being Christians. A bunch of low life criminals is what they are.
This reminds me of the Jews in concentration camps and those who asked why they didn’t just rush the guards on mass when they knew it was hopeless? After all, no one is claiming Jews can’t organise as a group.

Given the choice, most people choose to survive. In the USA, Black slavery doesn’t seem that much worse than serfdom to me. Millions of people throughout history have endured these conditions. From China to Russia, to Europe, Africa and indeed the America’s. Native and new world.

They all had a choice in the basic sense of the word I suppose. Part of the slavers job is to ensure slavery is slightly preferable to death.
Typical. A self-professed right-winger with no sense of morality. Pathetic, even by your own calculations.
Nothing immoral about slavery, Jews practiced it, Romans, Greeks, Africans, Christians. It ain't even racist as all races have been slaves and slave masters. You must have a yeast infection, you seem to be in a bad mood. :roll:
I am simply tired of racist assclowns, like you @Suntzu trying to make this out to be more than simple slavery. If you don't like that, then I don't give a fuck.
Conservatives love you @Godstud . We could not ask for a better demonstration of liberal hypocrisy than your posts. Keep up the good work. :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you guys claiming that US slavery of black people had nothing to do with racism?

I think it had more to do with commerce. There was a market for slaves, Africans were willing to sell each other into slavery. In earlier times, all sorts of folks found themselves slaves, from the Russian to Rome.
Suntzu wrote:I think it had more to do with commerce. There was a market for slaves, Africans were willing to sell each other into slavery. In earlier times, all sorts of folks found themselves slaves, from the Russian to Rome.

Yes, thank you for pointing out what everyone already knows and that no one is disputing.

Are you arguing that it had nothing to do with race?
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you agree that recent US slavery was racist. Got it.

Simplistic. Racist was not considered a bad thing. You are judging the past based upon current morality.
One Degree wrote:Simplistic. Racist was not considered a bad thing. You are judging the past based upon current morality.

I never said if it was bad or good.

You assumed I thought racism and slavery were bad.

Your defense of racism and slavery are noted.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I never said if it was bad or good.

You assumed I thought racism and slavery were bad.

Your defense of racism and slavery are noted.

I believe you gave me ample reason for that assumption. Are you now claiming racism and slavery were not bad?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]