Would you support a candidate running with the below platform? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Would you support a candidate running with the below platform?

Yes - Europe
6%
Yes - America
11%
Yes - Asia
6%
Yes - Other
No votes
0%
No - Europe
6%
No - America
44%
No - Asia
6%
No - Other
17%
Other
6%
This post is mainly to gauge what people think on this forum. So when answering the poll question please read the platform below and consider how would you vote in a case that a candidate runs with the platform with all the other candidates being the same as they are right now. (So let us say, if the last election in Germany was between a,b,c,d etc parties then add the platform described below to the list and think would you consider voting for it? or would you vote for it? Even if you are a communist, an-cap etc) I will have to make it about general concepts and not include local issues like Brexit, Nafta because they simply can't apply to all countries. When i will say "I" that would mean candidate and when i say "we" this would mean a party.

On economy and immigration:
So to get it started, I will run as a pro-working class candidate. I will emphasise that workers are not treated fairly and things will have to change. When i come to power, I will strive to fix the hideous injustice that the economic recession has caused. I will emphasise that crony capitalism is it fault and the average worker is suffering because of it. We have bailed out the banks but we have forgotten about the average joe whose life is becoming worse and worse although the economy is growing. This is not real growth, this is injustice, this is the road to serfdom.

The key points of this would be:
1) We stop the injustice of trickle down economics and implement something different. We will implement trickle up economics where we decrease the taxes on the middle and lower classes while not expanding government services. Taxes for the corporations will remain the same and taxes will the upper classes will also remain the same.
2) We will do everything in our power to decrease the prices for housing. It is unjust, how the prices have went up significantly for the new housing since the economic crysis. This is one of the main reason why we were able to inflate ourselves out of the great recession at the cost of the Average Joe.
3) We will restrict the immigration process and take it under control. The sudden influx of immigrants make the situation for points 1 and 2 worse than it should be without it. Something must be done! And taking immigration under control should allow us to make significant progress for issues 1 and 2. But after issues 1 and 2 are sorted then we can think about relaxing the restrictions on immigration.

On Social issues:
I will take the law and order kind of stance. That if a situation is morally questionable but is illegal then a person should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. So no exceptions to any kind of situations that are currently illegal. Work within the system to fix the laws but do not try to make exceptions for them.

Stance on LGBTQ: Every individual has god given rights which include right to marriage, right to be treated with dignity and respect etc. So basically same-sex marriage should be allowed and no discrimination should happen on racial, sexual etc bias. Pride parades are banned though because they violate the code of decency and hurt the feeling of many religious denominations.

On religion: I will belong to the X most popular religion in your country. So if it is Orthodox Christianity then i will be good christian that attends church ceremonies on a monthly bases and keeps good relations with his local religious community. Not too pious nor too devout though.

On political hard left and right divide: I will try to appeal to both hard left and right with a sense that i am a pro-worker, pro-middle class. I do not see a difference between a communist and a fascist because they are all middle class/workers who have been mistreated by the system. It is not their fault and i a candidate that will change this. I will bring them a better future.

On Global warming: This is not one of my main parts so as a candidate i am undecided and the party and people will decide this for me. Not on my list of priorities so action will only be taken if something horrendous happens.

On Foreign relations:
Will be an adamant champion of human rights and will vocally speak about human rights abuses in different countries. But will also implement an isolationist sort of policy when it comes to foreign affairs: We should not mingle in affairs of other countries the same way other countries should not mingle in our affairs unless there is no other choice. The use of the armed forces should be only the last resort for defending our interest internally and abroad. Military intervention is not fully impossible under my administration but very highly unlikely, unless a Pearl Harbour type scenario happens.

On relations with Israel: I support what is the most common opinion in your country. (So lets say if you are Skinster reading this then i am anti-Zionist and if you are Zionist Nationalist then i am pro-Israel).

If you want me to add anything or answer questions then it can be done by asking.
I voted no America.

I had some hangups before I got to the line about religion, but that's a no winner for me. The wishy-washy stances on global warming and Israel further sealed the deal. The economics stuff was somewhat amiable.

But in reality American politics involves a choice of two alternatives. In that sense, there's a fair chance you actually would get my vote, based on the norms put forth by politicians in the US.

I wasn't so much thinking about that when I voted no.

You made some good proposals, but overall you didn't present my ideal sort of candidate.
Oxymandias wrote:@JohnRawls

What is your stance on federalism?

Well, it is not really my manifesto. I was just trying to gauge what people think about. (irrelevant of my ideology etc)

But for the sake of the poll, let's say that i am pro federalisation.

It seems there is not much interest in the poll itself. I made it, to gauge what people think about the platform in general. The wishy washy stance is related to an average politician in any country. (Usually a member of the majority religion but not to religiouse. Israel question is important but again it works in the same manner because it is totally irrelevant for the person in charge unless you are in the middle east. If majority support pro-Israel position then the leadership is pro-Israel)

Too bad there is no interest to vote. Wanted to know how many people would actually support a Trump-like plan just hidden behind some modifications.
JohnRawls wrote:Well, it is not really my manifesto. I was just trying to gauge what people think about. (irrelevant of my ideology etc)

But for the sake of the poll, let's say that i am pro federalisation.

It seems there is not much interest in the poll itself. I made it, to gauge what people think about the platform in general. The wishy washy stance is related to an average politician in any country. (Usually a member of the majority religion but not to religiouse. Israel question is important but again it works in the same manner because it is totally irrelevant for the person in charge unless you are in the middle east. If majority support pro-Israel position then the leadership is pro-Israel)

Too bad there is no interest to vote. Wanted to know how many people would actually support a Trump-like plan just hidden behind some modifications.

Be patient. Some of us have jobs and can’t spend every day on forums.

I voted other - no.

The platform you describe is pretty much identical to the Australian Labor Party. I vote Liberal because they aren’t quite the popularist control freaks that Labor is.
No, Canada

3) We will restrict the immigration process and take it under control. The sudden influx of immigrants make the situation for points 1 and 2 worse than it should be without it. Something must be done! And taking immigration under control should allow us to make significant progress for issues 1 and 2. But after issues 1 and 2 are sorted then we can think about relaxing the restrictions on immigration.

Canada is a country built on immigrants. I think reducing or limiting immigration is anti-Canadian at its core. I also believe we need to grow our economy, create more jobs, and have more things made in Canada/sourced in Canada. To do this, we need the population. The Canadian birth rate is dropping considerably (source) but if we want to keep up with other nations, we need the immigrants (and their birth rate levels) to populate our country.

Pride parades are banned though because they violate the code of decency and hurt the feeling of many religious denominations.

Law based on hurt feelings? :roll: I'd wonder about the mental stability of a political leader if this was his/her actual platform. Also, what if participating in gay pride parades is a part of someone's religion? How will you police what is and isn't a religion, or what is or isn't a religious practice?

On religion: I will belong to the X most popular religion in your country. So if it is Orthodox Christianity then i will be good christian that attends church ceremonies on a monthly bases and keeps good relations with his local religious community. Not too pious nor too devout though.

Cool. I don't believe someone's religion should matter in a candidacy and there should be a separation of church and state.

Will be an adamant champion of human rights and will vocally speak about human rights abuses in different countries. But will also implement an isolationist sort of policy when it comes to foreign affairs: We should not mingle in affairs of other countries the same way other countries should not mingle in our affairs unless there is no other choice. The use of the armed forces should be only the last resort for defending our interest internally and abroad. Military intervention is not fully impossible under my administration but very highly unlikely, unless a Pearl Harbour type scenario happens.

Yes, I feel like this is a reasonable policy.
JohnRawls wrote:This post is mainly to gauge what people think on this forum. So when answering the poll question please read the platform below and consider how would you vote in a case that a candidate runs with the platform with all the other candidates being the same as they are right now. (So let us say, if the last election in Germany was between a,b,c,d etc parties then add the platform described below to the list and think would you consider voting for it? or would you vote for it? Even if you are a communist, an-cap etc) I will have to make it about general concepts and not include local issues like Brexit, Nafta because they simply can't apply to all countries. When i will say "I" that would mean candidate and when i say "we" this would mean a party.

On economy and immigration:
So to get it started, I will run as a pro-working class candidate. I will emphasise that workers are not treated fairly and things will have to change. When i come to power, I will strive to fix the hideous injustice that the economic recession has caused. I will emphasise that crony capitalism is it fault and the average worker is suffering because of it. We have bailed out the banks but we have forgotten about the average joe whose life is becoming worse and worse although the economy is growing. This is not real growth, this is injustice, this is the road to serfdom.

The key points of this would be:
1) We stop the injustice of trickle down economics and implement something different. We will implement trickle up economics where we decrease the taxes on the middle and lower classes while not expanding government services. Taxes for the corporations will remain the same and taxes will the upper classes will also remain the same.
2) We will do everything in our power to decrease the prices for housing. It is unjust, how the prices have went up significantly for the new housing since the economic crysis. This is one of the main reason why we were able to inflate ourselves out of the great recession at the cost of the Average Joe.

On Social issues:
I will take the law and order kind of stance. That if a situation is morally questionable but is illegal then a person should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. So no exceptions to any kind of situations that are currently illegal. Work within the system to fix the laws but do not try to make exceptions for them.

Stance on LGBTQ: Every individual has god given rights which include right to marriage, right to be treated with dignity and respect etc. So basically same-sex marriage should be allowed and no discrimination should happen on racial, sexual etc bias. Pride parades are banned though because they violate the code of decency and hurt the feeling of many religious denominations.

On political hard left and right divide: I will try to appeal to both hard left and right with a sense that i am a pro-worker, pro-middle class. I do not see a difference between a communist and a fascist because they are all middle class/workers who have been mistreated by the system. It is not their fault and i a candidate that will change this. I will bring them a better future.

On Global warming: This is not one of my main parts so as a candidate i am undecided and the party and people will decide this for me. Not on my list of priorities so action will only be taken if something horrendous happens.

On Foreign relations:

On relations with Israel: I support what is the most common opinion in your country. (So lets say if you are Skinster reading this then i am anti-Zionist and if you are Zionist Nationalist then i am pro-Israel).

If you want me to add anything or answer questions then it can be done by asking.

No. I would fight with everything I have your right to run on that platform, and I could agree with some of the points. But I would strongly support the candidate who was pretty much opposite most of it.
I voted no America.

I would rather have a candidate like Donald Trump, who is not wishy-washy on any of his views. And I especially like Trump's views on economics, trade, imigration, and national security.

I like that you are a pro-working class candidate that will attempt to lower their taxes, but I believe you must also have a pro-business environment under capitalism to make that work. I think raising the personal income taxes of the very rich might help too. However, that idea might greatly reduce your campaign contributions from wealthy donors.

I agree with your strong law and order stance. I consider myself an orthodox Christian, so I don't agree with same sex marriage, but I do agree with allowing them to live together as partners for their happiness. I do not agree with forcing the government or businesses to make more specialized restrooms other than for the handicapped. And of course the laws against discrimination based on race, sex, age, religion, etc. should continue to be enforced. I am okay with Muslims worshiping as they please as long as that don't make threats to my religion or the life of my family as the Muslims in Iran often do.

I am for good foreign relations with all countries as long as we are treated fair and with respect. I am also pro-Israel because I believe the Jews deserve a small sliver of land to call their own and to do as they please without being harassed.
HalleluYah

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]