Is Trump staying as president more valuable for Democratic lawmakers than to Republicans. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is Trump staying as president more valuable for Democratic lawmakers than to Republicans?

Trump is staying as president is very good for Democratic Lawmakers
50%
Trump staying as president is good for Democratic Lawmakers
No votes
0%
Trump staying as president is very good for Republicans
25%
Trump staying as president is good for Republicans.
No votes
0%
Other
25%
So as much as I hate this guy, and I don't say this lightly, I don't hate many people and much fewer people that I don't personally know.
Now let's make a distinction here between the elected lawmakers and the people they represent.
I have no question in my mind that if you lean Liberal/Democratic you think Trump is bad for you and if you Lean Conservative/Republican you think he is good for you.
That is really not the question. I am talking about the selfish interest of the lawmakers themselves (e.g. wanting to be elected).

Hear me out. Impeachment, if successful would likely energize republican core while at the same time, perhaps errode the Democractic base by apathy. Furthermore, the guy that comes after trump (Pence) would likely be far more successful at passing republican laws than Trump as he is far more cunning and less disorganized. Democratic lawmakers would not really get a victory even if Trump was impeached, instead both senate and WH would still be held by a very R wing conservative, this time with a very energized base. Meanwhile the Democratic base, would be at risk of attrition by apathy.

Instead, I believe that democratic Lawmakers see the potential advantage that Trump brings them into this situation. Government is likely going to be at a gridlock for the next 2 years regardless and the risk of more conservative judges will exist regardless of whether it is pence or trump (though with trump, he is far more likely to nominate a Judge that is controversial and could, in theory, be denied confirmation. I believe that Pence, being more cunning, would more likely do better homework and nominate judges that are just as conservative but less controversial). So, it is my opinion that Trump is actually more valuable to Democratic Lawmakers in the house than impeached. He is the reason for the blue wave, and if the trend continues and he is not impeached, im certain that he won't get elected in 2020 and Republicans will likely lose the senate as well..

In the other hand. I think Trump is worth more impeached for Republican lawmakers (and again, notice the distinction here between lawmakers/elected officials vs supporters). Why? because an impeached Trump is a martyr for his supporters to rally for and would energize them to the core while at the same time would make Democrats more apathetic and lazy (after all, they just layered the big dragon).
I think lawmakers have seized on this and they won't try to do anything fancy. They will probably drag this for another 2 years on purpose just to make Trump progressively more erratic. They will probably keep big secrets and embarrassing information until the very end and make a big reveal at the end as a form of checkmate to win the election.
Last edited by XogGyux on 14 Nov 2018 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian353 wrote:I always believe he finish his term unless something really bad happens, that even believes he needs to resign. That being said, I agree with the plan as long as Hilary doesn't run or not get the votes.

I don't think she would run. I think she is stubborn and she had her staff leak some info to test the waters to see how should would be received. I don't think the democratic block will allow her to vote and I think her running is about the only thing that would give Trump another chance at winning again.
I was never one of those "never Clinton" I don't think she is much different than any other experienced centrist democrat. She does have a couple bodies in her closet (metaphor) but not unlike any other single candidate, democrat or republican. I think both Democrats and Republicans were unfair with her on the 2008 and in 2016 election and that she would have been a decent president like her husband was.
Libertarian353 wrote:To be honestly she was too establishment, so was trump but he had the racist vote and that matter. In any case she should not run, it's better this way. My money if all honestly is Beto O'rourke, he got the Jack Kennedy vibe. I believe he is our best bet, Bernie is good but people want a JFK style president.

I agree he is the best bet, but how do you get the Kamala Harris type faction to agree? What happens to their ‘identity base’ of electing women and minorities?
No. Trump and his morons are a liability to the USA.

One Degree wrote:What happens to their ‘identity base’ of electing women and minorities?
That's called progress, but I wouldn't expect a misogynist/racist to recognize that.
Godstud wrote:No. Trump and his morons are a liability to the USA.

That's called progress, but I wouldn't expect a misogynist/racist to recognize that.

When someone is obsessed with typing racist as often as you do, I think it is based upon extreme fear of minorities. It is an attempt to appease a perceived threat. “Please don’t hurt me, I will pretend to love you.”
You really need to accept minorities as just people. You haven’t done that.
One Degree wrote:When someone is obsessed with typing racist as often as you do, I think it is based upon extreme fear of minorities. It is an attempt to appease a perceived threat. “Please don’t hurt me, I will pretend to love you.”
You really need to accept minorities as just people. You haven’t done that.
When the shoe fits, it has nothing to do with obsession.

You are the one with a fear of minorities. I consider all people the same regardless of gender, race, colour, etc. I don't seek to segregate them, as you have mentioned doing. You are projecting your own ignorance and fears. At least own up to your hatred.
The political spectrum in this country is deliberately manipulated by the ruling class. Money cynically backs extremists on both the right and the left to menace the moderate majority which is made up of democrats, republicans, and independents, and push that moderate mainstream electorate towards the neoliberal radical center.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]