What is the most common style of Terrorism Attack? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What is the most common style of Terrorism Attack?

Bombing Attack
38%
Knife Attack
No votes
0%
Gun Attack
13%
Vehicular (Car/Truck) Attack
13%
Airplane Attack(9/11 style)
No votes
0%
Missile Attack
No votes
0%
General attack(Bashings, stoning, other non-weapon based attacks)
38%
The poll isn't about motivation or religion, we all know which middle eastern religion the massive majority of these attacks are related to. We all know 95% of the time the person is screaming Allahu Akbar before doing this.

I'm asking which do you think is the most common style of attack?

I actually think Vehicular attacks are the most common now, due to the ease of driving normally in normal traffic then going up and flooring it on the busy side footpath, even if not traditionally the most destructive(bombings & shootings). Plus Cars are easier to obtain without suspicion. 9/11 level plane attacks are rare so let's not include them as Vehicular.

I include Missile/Military attacks because yes Hamas et al are technically terrorist groups.
Other

Domestic terrorism. The "style" is irrelevant.

Guns, at least the USA, are ridiculously easy to obtain, and are among the most effective.

The Vegas shooting(definitely a terror attack) killed 55 and injured hundreds. Sorry, but a car just cannot do that sort of damage.
Godstud wrote:Sorry, but a car just cannot do that sort of damage.

Yes but Car Carnage just seems to be the most common attack style now at least in Australia. Maybe where Guns are less common. Drive up on the footpath scream Allahu Akbar (which ironically no-one will hear) and run a few people over.

The latest Melbourne attack was a car attack again. He hit something below eye level and his car caught fire so he got out and pulled a knife.
@Rich Damn, I'd wish I'd remembered that one. You win.

Don't you need to have Other in your poll? I think Rich's one would qualify. Religion is a weapon.
Rich wrote:The most common form of terrorist atrocity is Muhammadans and Papists threatening children with eternal hell if they don't believe the filthy lies of Islam or Catholicism.

Why leave the Jews out of it?

After all they really invented it.

They believed in Satan & Gehenna(Hell) first!
colliric wrote:Why leave the Jews out of it?

After all they really invented it.

They believed in Satan & Gehenna(Hell) first!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

As far as I can make out, eternal damnation was a Zoroastrian invention. I don't think pre exilic Judaism had much notion of life after death. Satan was originally God's enforcer, not the archetype of evil. Deuteronomic Judaism was very much concerned with the material power and health of the nation is this world not the fate of the individual soul in the next.

The parallels between Josiahan Judaism and Nazism really are uncanny. The Drang nach Norden, the Gleichschaltung, the eugenics, some even believe that the gencoide of the Canananites was a Josiahan myth.
It was obviously during the Second Temple period of Judaism when Satan as the "evil devil, opposite of God" and Gehenna as a place of damnation became more standardized in Judaism because of the rise of the Pharisees as dominant group.

Jesus himself was a Galilian Jewish Rabbi and although similar in belief to the Pharisees, was ultimately even more radical(his immediate followers conflate Satan, Beelzebub and Lucifer into one singular evil entity, where as in Rabbinic/Pharisiac Judaism they are not the same) because that specific type of Rabbi, as described in both the New Testament(with it's very famous example) and the Talmud, were the most spiritualist and charismatic of the time.
Hard to say because it certainly depends on who is defining "terrorist". Is a guerrilla attack a terrorist act for instance. One group's terrorist is another group's heroes or martyrs and history is shaped by the winners whether they are right or wrong.
I have been told that by forum rules you need to include "Other" and that would be my choice in this case :p
Oxymandias wrote:@colliric

I haven't actually seen "Allahu Akbar" being said before most terrorist attacks recently. It's gone out of fashion in favor of cutting to the point and blowing up.

It's always more been said in quiet to themselves before they do the attack if they go to a public openair space. It's not gone out of fashion. They usually shout it when they are certain they are entering a bus or building and everyone is trapped with them. The 9/11 attackers probably shouted it just as they were about to hit the towers.
@colliric

It's always more been said in quiet to themselves before they do the attack if they go to a public openair space. It's not gone out of fashion. They usually shout it when they are certain they are entering a bus or building and everyone is trapped with them. The 9/11 attackers probably shouted it just as they were about to hit the towers.

Like I said, yelling Allahu Akbar has gone out of fashion. What you're talking about, yelling Allahu Akbar when entering a building, comes from old videos and hasn't been reported or taped in recent attacks. Furthermore, there hasn't been any reports of them saying Allahu Akbar quietly to themselves or them saying Allahu Akbar at all.

The 9/11 attackers existed in a time period in which that wasn't common and thus, probably didn't say it. Terrorists don't have to yell Allahu Akbar before attacking. It only became popular after ISIS started doing it and then, after the failure of ISIS, it went out of fashion.

Malthus This is not the ideal place to put […]

Who sells the most arms in the world? The Unite[…]

Indeed, historically conspiracy theories of Jew[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whats up with this strange idea that ukrainians ar[…]