If President Trump wins re-election in 2020, will his enemies accept the results? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

If President Trump wins re-election in 2020, will his enemies accept the results?

yes, they will
36%
No, they will not
64%
No. They are already talking about idiotic ideas like giving 16 year olds the right to vote and impossible dreams like getting rid of the electoral college. So they are basically laying the groundwork for losing in 2020. It's still possible they win, as Trump could certainly fuck himself up. However, I think the Democrats have too many crazies in the mix at this juncture.
blackjack21 wrote:No. They are already talking about idiotic ideas like giving 16 year olds the right to vote and impossible dreams like getting rid of the electoral college. So they are basically laying the groundwork for losing in 2020. It's still possible they win, as Trump could certainly fuck himself up. However, I think the Democrats have too many crazies in the mix at this juncture.

Oh, it's almost certain that the Democrats will lose in 2020, but my concern is that they will look for means beyond the ballot box to try to remove President Trump from office.... Rioting in the streets, mass demonstrations, even putting up the losing candidate as the ''rightful legitimate president'', and even try to take steps to create a alternate federal goverment.
They've already done 4 out of 5 of those things. They've tried a coup d'etat that has clearly come unwound. I'm actually kind of surprised they continued with the Manafort stuff after the cover was blown on Fusion GPS, Perkins Coie and Veselnitskaya, etc. The execution is what they all used to do together, but they have major defections against the establishment now. There are too many people who want to see the establishment lose for the establishment to pull this off now. At this point, it looks sloppy even though it was very well orchestrated.

Consider the problems they are facing in the UK and France. May's government is a disaster. So is Macron's. Merkel is on her last legs. These people do not have the popular will behind them at all. I don't doubt they wont try some sort of "the morally right choice" candidate, but they are already taking extreme positions on abortion--post-birth execution of babies.

It may be as I've said before...just way too much cocaine. They thought their plans were genius and foolproof, because they were snorting enough blow that their minds and each other were telling themselves that their plans were foolproof and that they were geniuses. They appear to be coming apart at the seams to me. Cocaine does that to people.
The idea of the Democrats leading a revolution is amusing. A more incompetent batch of losers you won't easily find.

Here's what will likely happen. Dems will inevitably find the most likely to lose candidate, and that candidate will of course lose. Dem ding dongs will blame the loss on Bernie or the Russians. They will feebly protest the legitimacy of the election, but to zero effect. It's not like they have any leverage or power. Even when they are in the majority in Congress and hold the Presidency, Democrats are too timid to actually govern.

Trump's biggest enemy won't be the Democrats. It will be guys like Pompeo and Bolton, who will get him into a war in Venezuela or Iran, or maybe both. Trump doesn't have the strength of character to resist these clowns, and he's incapable of realizing what a millstone another pointless war would be.
blackjack21 wrote:They've already done 4 out of 5 of those things. They've tried a coup d'etat that has clearly come unwound. I'm actually kind of surprised they continued with the Manafort stuff after the cover was blown on Fusion GPS, Perkins Coie and Veselnitskaya, etc. The execution is what they all used to do together, but they have major defections against the establishment now. There are too many people who want to see the establishment lose for the establishment to pull this off now. At this point, it looks sloppy even though it was very well orchestrated.

Consider the problems they are facing in the UK and France. May's government is a disaster. So is Macron's. Merkel is on her last legs. These people do not have the popular will behind them at all. I don't doubt they wont try some sort of "the morally right choice" candidate, but they are already taking extreme positions on abortion--post-birth execution of babies.

It may be as I've said before...just way too much cocaine. They thought their plans were genius and foolproof, because they were snorting enough blow that their minds and each other were telling themselves that their plans were foolproof and that they were geniuses. They appear to be coming apart at the seams to me. Cocaine does that to people.

Yes, drugs is a big part of it, and a whole worldview in which the people in ''flyover country'' are just supposed to take whatever is being dished out to them by degenerates who would actually love to kill them all were it not for the fact that all these same ''deplorables'' are the ones who keep the lights on and the water running and bellies full, as well as keeping this coalition of the damned from exterminating each other. And, fight in the Elite's wars.... The Police and Military and First Responders, the Farmers and Electricians and Plumbers and Factory Workers and more besides.

What if they went on strike, these ''deplorables''?

Yes, I don't think that the clowns are ready to leave the circus just yet, they are becoming if anything much more unhinged as time rolls along.

There is a good chance everybody might find out real soon.
annatar1914 wrote:Given the nature of American politics in recent years, if President Trump wins re-election (and I believe he will, on a scale greater than in 2016 even) will his enemies the die-hard Never-Trumpers accept the results of the Presidential election in 2020 AD?

Vote and discuss what might happen if he wins.

It will be accepted. They've already seen what his presidency is like and know that he is not the loose canon they thought he would be.

Trump's presidency has not really changed much of American politics. There might be some noises here and there but it will just be business as usual.
Political Interest wrote:It will be accepted. They've already seen what his presidency is like and know that he is not the loose canon they thought he would be.

Trump's presidency has not really changed much of American politics. There might be some noises here and there but it will just be business as usual.

Really? Have you not seen how upset liberals and even some conservatives are over his behavior and policies so far? He has proven to be so contradictory. One day he'll say "down with China" or something like that and the next day he will be kissing Xi Jin Ping's ass because he realized that a trade war is not beneficial for the US or an adviser urged him to back off China.

I disagree. His presidency has changed American politics quite a bit. He has pulled the US out of several long-standing multilateral agreements that had benefited trade and he has alienated some allies. He has ordered troops out of Syria and Afghanistan and this has not improved the situation in those countries. He thinks the war against ISIS has been won but he is so wrong. For the first time in a long time, we are seeing a US president who is ignoring the advice of his military advisers. They are there to help him not to just stand by his side to be ignored. Is he stupid or what?

I don't think it will be business as usual. One day there will be an event that shows that the US people have had enough, they cannot tolerate him anymore. I hope he does not win so that we will not see that day. That day will be very ugly.
MistyTiger wrote:I don't think it will be business as usual. One day there will be an event that shows that the US people have had enough, they cannot tolerate him anymore. I hope he does not win so that we will not see that day. That day will be very ugly.

I hope the Dems come to their senses and not make things any uglier than they have already made it with their fake news and Trump/Russia collusion hoax.
MistyTiger wrote:Really? Have you not seen how upset liberals and even some conservatives are over his behavior and policies so far? He has proven to be so contradictory. One day he'll say "down with China" or something like that and the next day he will be kissing Xi Jin Ping's ass because he realized that a trade war is not beneficial for the US or an adviser urged him to back off China.

I disagree. His presidency has changed American politics quite a bit. He has pulled the US out of several long-standing multilateral agreements that had benefited trade and he has alienated some allies. He has ordered troops out of Syria and Afghanistan and this has not improved the situation in those countries. He thinks the war against ISIS has been won but he is so wrong. For the first time in a long time, we are seeing a US president who is ignoring the advice of his military advisers. They are there to help him not to just stand by his side to be ignored. Is he stupid or what?

I don't think it will be business as usual. One day there will be an event that shows that the US people have had enough, they cannot tolerate him anymore. I hope he does not win so that we will not see that day. That day will be very ugly.

They're upset with him but I still maintain he hasn't taken any radical steps.

When push comes to shove he will do what his advisors and the people around him tell him to do.

That he is so indecisive and keeps changing his position just shows that he is not very serious about what he says. It's not as though he has any strong position as per regards to Russia or China. We continually hear him say how he would like for America to get along with Moscow but then he'll condemn Russian actions.

Trump makes noises but does not take a clear position on many issues. And he does not take actions to do what he says he will do.

We can even see that in the Middle East he pursues even more hardline pro-Israeli policies than even his predecessors, including recognising Jerusaelm as the capital of that country.

The mainstream Republican conerns that he would not be a hawkish pro-American leader have yet to materialise.
So Nate Silver if you are reading this, am I not right in saying that if Trump wins the Presidency in 2020, then the Republicans will almost certainly win the House and the Senate. This was the problem Hilary faced in 2016, even if she had been able to overturn the Electoral College result by some means she would have faced an utterly enraged Congress. If people think American politics have been nasty in recent years, just wait till the next time Congress and Presidency are controlled by opposite parties.

The resistance to Trump was fatally blunted in 2016 by the Republicans winning the popular vote in the House Elections. If the Democrats could somehow manage to win the Senate in 2020 while simultaneously losing the House and Presidency, but winning the popular vote in both House and Presidency, then we could be looking at some interesting times.
Political Interest wrote:It will be accepted. They've already seen what his presidency is like and know that he is not the loose canon they thought he would be.

My gut feeling, given the psychology of Liberalism and Authority, is that you are right. Whether this will be a good thing in it's consequences later remains to be seen.
The Mueller report is in and after all this "protect Mueller so he can finish his investigation" talk, the left-wing news media and many of the Democrats in Congress don't seem to be accepting his report concerning President Trump now. So I seriously doubt that if President Trump is re-elected that they will accept the result any more than when he was first elected. They are too biased for their own party and definitely hate Donald Trump.
The left first discarded manners, then it discarded morals, then it discarded nature, and now its abandoning even sportsmanship.

They are now just debased overgrown children who are perpetually mad because successful people won't share and white people won't die.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:The left first discarded manners, then it discarded morals, then it discarded nature, and now its abandoning even sportsmanship.

They are now just debased overgrown children who are perpetually mad because successful people won't share and white people won't die.

Actually, successful people do share and white people do die just like everyone else.
The liberal Democrats are perpetually mad because they are like children who do not always get their way.
HalleluYah
@Victoribus Spolia, There is no scientific proof that manners are needed to ensure the survival of humanity. If someone really gets hurt due to some people lacking respectful manners, it is because they were raised or conditioned to actually think that they need manners to be truly happy, which is NOT true.

Morals are used to keep people from revolting against the rich.

Nature? You don't like the industrial revolution? You wanna live in poverty?

Sportsmanship? What are we in? A fucking monastery? :lol:
SSDR wrote:@Victoribus Spolia, There is no scientific proof that manners are needed to ensure the survival of humanity. If someone really gets hurt due to some people lacking respectful manners, it is because they were raised or conditioned to actually think that they need manners to be truly happy, which is NOT true.

You literally just imagined there is no scientific proof because you have not read every single scientific paper on the subject of interpersonal relations. Imagining scientific facts is not very scientific. The fact is being insulting functions as an invitation to fight potentially to the death or serious injury. As a matter of course wise people try to avoid unnecessary fights and so wise people choose to be polite over being insulting for the most part. For civilisation as a whole it is generally better that there is not too much fighting though some fighting is probably healthy and good for males at least.

SSDR wrote:Morals are used to keep people from revolting against the rich.

Morals make civilisation possible and sustainable.

SSDR wrote:Nature? You don't like the industrial revolution? You wanna live in poverty?

I suspect he is referring to the left's denial of reality particularly in regards to biology. This might not apply to you but the modern left has abandoned sexual dimorphism, human bio-diversity and darwin. In comparison the fundamentalist Christian only rejects Darwin (maybe). Arguably then the left is very much less scientific than fundamentalist Christians! :lol:

SSDR wrote:Sportsmanship? What are we in? A fucking monastery? :lol:

Monastery? WTF?

If sportmanship applies in war it should certainly apply in debate.
Last edited by SolarCross on 26 Mar 2019 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

@Godstud What is going to change? I thought t[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]

Seeing that this place is filled to the brim with […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since i[…]