What are your thoughts on Brexit? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What are your thoughts on Brexit?

Yes
42%
No
27%
I believe in a united Ireland
31%
Intelligence, no, which is why his mad schemes don't always come off, but he certainly has cunning.
He must know full well that he never has had the remotest chance of proroguing Parliament, but then, he doesn't want to.
He wants to fail at leaving the EU in the noblest possible way.
He's ably abetted by the right wing lowlife press, who are now killing time bewailing the fact old people are going to have to fork out for a TV licence like the rest of us.
We shall see next week. I can hardly wait for the euro to be worth more than the pound.

You know, Godstud, if you were thinking of a visit to the UK, some time in September might be good for you.
:lol: Not thinking of visiting the UK any time soon. There's a whole bunch of other places I would much rather visit before I go there, thanks.
Godstud wrote::lol: Not thinking of visiting the UK any time soon. There's a whole bunch of other places I would much rather visit before I go there, thanks.

You'd get a lot of bargains and it's often nice weather in September.
snapdragon wrote:Intelligence, no, which is why his mad schemes don't always come off, but he certainly has cunning.
He must know full well that he never has had the remotest chance of proroguing Parliament, but then, he doesn't want to.
He wants to fail at leaving the EU in the noblest possible way.

Then why become PM? He doesn't have cunning as he become a zombie PM like May was and his premiership will be very short too.

As things stand, both candidates are on a no deal ticket. The only way to prevent leaving the EU is to have another GE and another party comes in. As both are scared of a Corbyn PM that will not be their choice. An extention also relies on the EU and not parliament too. So really if BoJo just wants to reverse Brexit he would have been better off not entering the race at all as Brussels can't stand him rather than angering them further by waving kippers around shouting out 'do or die'.
B0ycey wrote:Then why become PM? He doesn't have cunning as he become a zombie PM like May was and his premiership will be very short too.

He wants to be PM. Correction, be known as PM. That's always been his ambition.

As things stand, both candidates are on a no deal ticket. The only way to prevent leaving the EU is to have another GE and another party comes in. As both are scared of a Corbyn PM that will not be their choice. An extention also relies on the EU and not parliament too. So really if BoJo just wants to reverse Brexit he would have been better off not entering the race at all as Brussels can't stand him rather than angering them further by waving kippers around shouting out 'do or die'.

In other words, behaving in his usual ridiculous way, making a lot of noise, yet getting nothing done. He won't actually do anything to make leaving credible, because he'll be prevented - though others in his party might.

I can't think of anyone offhand, mind.
snapdragon wrote:In other words, behaving in his usual ridiculous way, making a lot of noise, yet getting nothing done. He won't actually do anything to make leaving credible, because he'll be prevented - though others in his party might.

I can't think of anyone offhand, mind.

You must remember BoJo is a Brexiteer and thinking this is a game of 4D chess to stop Brexit is very similar to the kind of posts Rich published about May being a genius earlier in the year. He isn't that smart. If he wants to end Brexit he should just execute a confirmatory vote and sell it in a way as to say it is the only way to break the parliamentary impasse and also not have a Corbyn government - especially as all Brexiteers say the would win another referendum anyway. Otherwise he will face a "no confidence vote" by September. Either way the only way to solve Brexit today will happen once we have had another GE because BoJo doesn't have the numbers in parliament as neither did May.
But I don't think he is a Brexiter. I don't think he's anything in particular, but he would prefer to remain.
He just wants to be PM and being PM means being a leaver at the moment.

Whether that continues, depends, I think, on what happens in the future.
He always does and it doesn't make any bloody difference. He ends up on top.

edit: I didn't think I could feel actually scared, but I've just read in the morning's papers he cannot wait to play Churchill to Iran's SS.

oh my god.
I believe in a united Ireland

Ireland should be united and the UK should remain in the EU.

However the EU needs to be reformed. It should be a customs union and a place for dialogue. It should not be centralised and there should not be a common currency.

There needs to be a common European defence architecture.
It appears that the latest on this is in regards to Boris Johnson pushing a request to suspend Parliament in order to get his no-deal Brexit pushed through.

I suspect this event in October will be ugly enough to push the markets into a recession if something else doesn't push it before then.
Ireland should be united.......under the rule of Britain

and although I would've voted leave if I had the vote back then I'm unsure right now.

I don't like the deal Boris has due to it's divorce bill and no guarantee of maintaining worker and environmental protections

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]