Who is going to win democrat nominee 2020? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Who is going to win democrat nominee?

Bernie Sanders
47%
Joe Biden
39%
Elizabeth Warren
8%
Other
6%
I think Sanders will steal the nomination. Warren would have been a nice choice in previous cycles, but having Trump run against another woman candidate would feel too much like 2016 again and it would distract the election from kitchen table issues. Sanders is the only candidate capable of exposing Trump's neocon fraud to the working class.
Donna wrote:I think Sanders will steal the nomination. Warren would have been a nice choice in previous cycles, but having Trump run against another woman candidate would feel too much like 2016 again and it would distract the election from kitchen table issues. Sanders is the only candidate capable of exposing Trump's neocon fraud to the working class.

I think sanders is the only one that can beat Trump but I think they going to nominate Senile Joe

Sanders is 78 year old heart attack survivor if he gets elected he may not live to second term
If Democrats want to win, they'll nominate Sanders. He's the only one with a coherent, consistent platform that actually addresses real issues for the working class. It also helps that he doesn't have a long list of embarrassing gaffes, like pretending to be Native American or insane rambling about how he has "hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun".

I want to like Elizabeth Warren, but she's absolutely terrible on foreign policy and her version of "Medicare for All" makes no sense. Plus, she's currently doing her best to win the #StillWithHer crowd, which has led to a hell of a lot of cringe.

Biden is senile old man with a long record of racism, sexism, warmongering, corruption and general bullshit. Trump is better at all of those things.

If by some hideous anti-miracle the nominee is the rat-faced CIA spook Pete Buttigieg, I expect the Democrats would lose all 50 states and DC. Which would, admittedly, be hilarious for a few weeks before Trump's second inauguration.
Last edited by Heisenberg on 14 Jan 2020 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
ness31 wrote:Is Tulsi Gabbard dem? I’d like her to win thanks.

I'd like her to win too, but her chances are very slim since she seems to be the only sane person when it comes to foreign policy.

But anyway, it's probably going to be Warren. So in other words, a walk in the park for the Donald. Trump's luck is that he got impeached and that the main Democratic candidates are either insane or have one foot in the grave, else he would be annihilated.
Last edited by Code Rood on 14 Jan 2020 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I said this to the democrat supporters here

Your poll allows for a single selection.

You can't ask someone to pick who they think will get the nomination and who they don't want to get it, but that seems like what you're doing...
BigSteve wrote:You can't ask someone to pick who they think will get the nomination and who they don't want to get it, but that seems like what you're doing...

He said vote for the person you think will win the nomination, not who you want to win the nomination. It's pretty straightforward, and involves making one choice. Leave your personal preference out, and pick who you think will win the Democratic nomination.
Heisenberg wrote:He said vote for the person you think will win the nomination, not who you want to win the nomination. It's pretty straightforward, and involves making one choice. Leave your personal preference out, and pick who you think will win the Democratic nomination.

Wrong.

Here's what he said: "We have 3 main candidates at this point the rest are not relevant. also vote for the one you think will win not want to win"

The word "also" would mean "in addition to" or "additionally". In other words, it's asking you to make two choices.

The way the question reads, at the onset, is pretty obvious. Of the three, who do you think will get the nomination. But then it asks you to pick the candidate who you think doesn't want to be the nominee (that's the "also vote for the one you think will win not want to win" part).

As if that would make any sense at all.

It's a poorly worded question, and is miles away from being straightforward...
BigSteve wrote:Wrong.

Here's what he said: "We have 3 main candidates at this point the rest are not relevant. also vote for the one you think will win not want to win"

The word "also" would mean "in addition to" or "additionally". In other words, it's asking you to make two choices.

The way the question reads, at the onset, is pretty obvious. Of the three, who do you think will get the nomination. But then it asks you to pick the candidate who you think doesn't want to be the nominee (that's the "also vote for the one you think will win not want to win" part).

As if that would make any sense at all.

It's a poorly worded question, and is miles away from being straightforward...

I said 3 main candidates remain at this point and you can choose only ONE who you THINK have the most chance to win the nominee not the one who you want to win (if you support the democrats)

its simple
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I said 3 main candidates remain at this point and you can choose only ONE who you THINK have the most chance to win the nominee not the one who you want to win (if you support the democrats)

its simple

What does "also vote for the one you think will win not want to win" mean then?

Words mean things. You can't change what they mean because you worded a question poorly...
Zionist Nationalist wrote:We have 3 main candidates at this point the rest are not relevant.
also vote for the one you think will win not want to win

Biden will win the Democratic nomination as candidate for US President, because the establishment has designated him as such. This is his gold watch for his retirement party. Warren's candidacy is a fake sop to the Hillary-type voters and also serves to steal just a little of Sander's thunder along the race should he get ideas of being a serious candidate. Sanders himself is a fake candidate just as the other two are, because his role is to make Biden and the others look more moderate or centrist liberal as he represents ironically the younger and outlier wackadoodle fringe of the Democratic Party, geriatric establishment shill that he is notwithstanding.

Biden will win the nomination, so that President Trump can win re-election.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I think sanders is the only one that can beat Trump but I think they going to nominate Senile Joe

Sanders is 78 year old heart attack survivor if he gets elected he may not live to second term

I'm a Sanders supporter, but I think ultimately it will go to Biden. Trump will then of course slide into a second term.
Code Rood wrote:I'd like her to win too, but her chances are very slim since she seems to be the only sane person when it comes to foreign policy.

But anyway, it's probably going to be Warren. So in other words, a walk in the park for the Donald. Trump's luck is that he got impeached and that the main Democratic candidates are either insane or have one foot in the grave, else he would be annihilated.

What a shame. She’s in her prime, has the energy for high office and seems quite genuine.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]